Author Topic: Ayoze Pérez  (Read 379942 times)

Offline Unbelievable!

• General Member
  • Adopted Geordie
Re: Ayoze Pérez
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 09:58:53 am »
For those who haven't read this before: http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2014/4/15/ayoze-rise-of-the-boy-from-mara-jimnez

There has been no looking back in the second half of the 2013/14 season, with Ayoze finding the quality and consistency many had demanded from him to justify the hype. He has time and time again taken opponents apart - often on his own. Combining blistering speed, ability to play vertically and fine close control, it has been difficult to keep your eyes on the agile figure. Ayoze’s shown a versatility in his play too, alternating through playmaker, winger, second striker and out-and-out striker roles. That he found the clinical touch in front of goal really was the final dimension however. His ability to play on the shoulder of the last defender and utilise that pace and devastatingly sharp movement has played a considerable part in those 16 goals.

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • And now his guard is ended
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:00:37 am »
You have to go and try to get the 20m players before they are worth 20m. Owt wrong with targetting young Liga Adelante players.
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:03:24 am »
You have to go and try to get the 20m players before they are worth 20m. Owt wrong with targetting young Liga Adelante players.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • Rondon ... the Gladiator
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:03:37 am »
This guy seems very beloved in Tenerife. We should just leave the kid alone, and not crush that whole region's dreams of seeing him prosper.

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • And now his guard is ended
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:07:52 am »

Wasn't a Liga Adelante player, played in La Liga proper :p

Ayoze has refused to extend his contract, and would cost peanuts. Now, I'm skeptical of this link given the many clubs he's been linked with already, and the fact that I'm not sure of a boy his age switching the Canary Islands for Newcastle - settling in could be difficult.
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Offline Disco

• #votekaka2018
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:15:24 am »
If we do sign this Perez fella it's a massive leap of faith in him to adapt quickly from a slow Segunda to 'front foot' PL style football. Can't think of any precedent and a fair few have come over from Spain and not being able to adapt.

Even though, we're probably only in because of the traditional contract shenanigans = low bid = profit on sale, I'm pleased we've finally realised France isn't the only country located outside these shores.

Read earlier in the year he was on something like €600 per week n all, probably helps.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:15:38 am »
If this kid has/wants any kind of future in the sport, he needs to stay a million miles away from us.  The thought of Alan and his rag tag bunch of comedy coaches trying to instill the club moto of running, tackling and heading harder on any kid who shows a bit of skill is terrifying.

If he signs, I am going for "Pardewed" by later October. Place your bets.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:19:53 am »
How do you pronounce his first name?

Offline Parsley

• MightyZog
  • General Member
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:21:35 am »
If we do sign this Perez fella it's a massive leap of faith in him to adapt quickly from a slow Segunda to 'front foot' PL style football. Can't think of any precedent and a fair few have come over from Spain and not being able to adapt.

Even though, we're probably only in because of the traditional contract shenanigans = low bid = profit on sale, I'm pleased we've finally realised France isn't the only country located outside these shores.

Read earlier in the year he was on something like €600 per week n all, probably helps.
Jordi Gomez?

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:22:26 am »

Eeeoozee

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:26:57 am »
Cool if it happens, despite being imminently Pardewed.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:30:22 am »
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:34:32 am »

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:39:38 am »
We have signed loads of players from lower division foreign clubs and they have all been s**** but I suppose if you are an unambitious club with no interest in competitive sport then this is the type of player to sign.

I mean suppose we hit lucky and he is brilliant, just think of the transfer fee we could get for him

Bassong was gash like.

N'Zogbia as well.
?s=21

bimpy474

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:46:14 am »

Sub.

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:46:59 am »
Lazy forriner

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 10:51:55 am »

:lol: that guy looks like he just woke up there

Just laughed out loud on the phone at work  :lol:

:lol: he definitely doesn't work for us. Just some mad bloke on holiday in an nufc coat
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Online Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 11:01:14 am »
Seen a few clips of him and strangely enough he reminds me of Ben Arfa  :lol: Cant wait to see him cover our defence.

Online Wilson

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • The Mike, The.
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 11:02:48 am »

I'm going with Aye-oh-zay

Offline Yaron

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 11:27:39 am »
Álvaro Ferrero
‏@alvferrero
@_GoncaloLopes A man from Newcastle came 1 month ago to see him live in Jaén pic.twitter.com/IB0WW6Rkqp

Who the f*** is that?

Who the f*** is that?
[/quote]

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 11:49:39 am »
He should not be allowed near children.

:lol: :lol:

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 11:53:41 am »

Offline Rocker

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 11:54:45 am »
What the frig is that?

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 11:56:08 am »
Zelda off Terrahawks.  Once the show stopped airing she took up a job as our canary island scout.

Online Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday 20 May 2014, 11:58:46 am »
:lol::lol:
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez