Poll

Would you take Ben Arfa back?

Yes
I hate football

Author Topic: Hatem Ben Arfa - Rennes win Coupe de France  (Read 983309 times)

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
Re: Hatem Ben JAMES IS A FATHER FFS
« Reply #9700 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:28:36 pm »
He was more talented and more dangerous than anyone in our squad for years, therefore he should have played every week.

Offline Twinport53

• General Member
« Reply #9701 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:28:49 pm »
Please accept that I think he's a talented player who was a joy to watch when he played well, but never contributed anywhere near enough (in my humble opinion) to be revered to the extent that he is. I do not believe he would have made a significant positive impact on us this season (as he didn't last year or this year at Hull). Please also accept I am not an agent of Pardew, I can think for myself and wanted that bellend sacked while most of our fans were still going on about 'stability'. That's all I'm saying about it, I regret ever stating my unpopular (on this forum) opinion.

"At 15 and already labelled a prodigy, Ben Arfa joined Lyon, a club which had just won its first ever Ligue 1 championship. In August 2004, after spending two years in the youth divisions of the Lyon academy, he signed his first professional contract agreeing to a three-year deal, despite late interest from English club Chelsea and Dutch outfit Ajax."

But that doesn't matter in your world because Sammy scored against Spurs and Obertan against Leicester. Wonder who was scouting them at 15?
Hatem Ben Arfa -
I don't think he would have won us any more points than any of our current players.

After 9 losses and 1 draw in 10 matches under John Carver.

Offline mozy

• General Member
« Reply #9702 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:30:31 pm »
Hull used him in a variety of positions within a direct 3-5-2 so anyone thinking that's the best use of HBA's talent needs a crack on the head.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #9703 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:30:52 pm »
He played 8 games for Hull and half of those were for less than 40 minutes :lol:

Offline ilikenewcastle

• General Member
« Reply #9704 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:32:11 pm »
Please accept that I think he's a talented player who was a joy to watch when he played well, but never contributed anywhere near enough (in my humble opinion) to be revered to the extent that he is. I do not believe he would have made a significant positive impact on us this season (as he didn't last year or this year at Hull). Please also accept I am not an agent of Pardew, I can think for myself and wanted that bellend sacked while most of our fans were still going on about 'stability'. That's all I'm saying about it, I regret ever stating my unpopular (on this forum) opinion.

"At 15 and already labelled a prodigy, Ben Arfa joined Lyon, a club which had just won its first ever Ligue 1 championship. In August 2004, after spending two years in the youth divisions of the Lyon academy, he signed his first professional contract agreeing to a three-year deal, despite late interest from English club Chelsea and Dutch outfit Ajax."

But that doesn't matter in your world because Sammy scored against Spurs and Obertan against Leicester. Wonder who was scouting them at 15?

OK, I said I wouldn't say anything else but I'll bite. I don't care about him in 2004. Let's look at the clubs who've been interested in him lately, Hull and Nice.
No matter how many times I say I can't stand Sammy, Obertan or Pardew, I obviously must secretly love them all just because I don't think the sun shines out of Hatem's arse.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #9705 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:32:29 pm »
He didn't earn us two points (I.e. A significant contribution in the current context, given that you claim we'd be in the same situation) in the whole of last season? Are you sure about that? Seem to remember him coming off the bench late against Palace and crossing for Cisse to score.

And scoring the only goal against Fulham at home.

And both scoring and setting up the only goals away at Villa.

None of that was worth the two points we're talking about?
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #9706 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:33:40 pm »
I love it when the Hatem debate comes back BTW.

Offline ilikenewcastle

• General Member
« Reply #9707 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:34:55 pm »
He didn't earn us two points in the whole of last season? Are you sure about that? Seem to remember him coming off the bench late against Palace and crossing for Cisse to score.

Literally every player in the league has contributed to their team's points tally. By your logic, without Obertan we'd be relegated because of his goal v Leicester.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #9708 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:35:37 pm »
Oh my gosh ... I'm out.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #9709 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:35:58 pm »
He didn't earn us two points in the whole of last season? Are you sure about that? Seem to remember him coming off the bench late against Palace and crossing for Cisse to score.

Literally every player in the league has contributed to their team's points tally. By your logic, without Obertan we'd be relegated because of his goal v Leicester.

So if he'd played every game this season, we'd be on the same points or less?

Offline Twinport53

• General Member
« Reply #9710 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:35:59 pm »
OK, I said I wouldn't say anything else but I'll bite. I don't care about him in 2004. Let's look at the clubs who've been interested in him lately, Hull and Nice.
No matter how many times I say I can't stand Sammy, Obertan or Pardew, I obviously must secretly love them all just because I don't think the sun shines out of Hatem's arse.

It has nothing to do with the sun shining out his arse. It's the FACT that he is a dangerous offensive player who can turn a game on it's head and win you points out of nothing.

When we play teams do you think they were doubling up on Ben Arfa or Gouffran? Do you think all week in training the opposition labelled Obertan as the "Main threat".
Hatem Ben Arfa -
I don't think he would have won us any more points than any of our current players.

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #9711 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:37:14 pm »
Robert and Ginola were lazy c***s too.  f***ing hate players like that.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline ilikenewcastle

• General Member
« Reply #9712 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:38:03 pm »

It has nothing to do with the sun shining out his arse. It's the FACT that he is a dangerous offensive player who can turn a game on it's head and win you points out of nothing.

When we play teams do you think they were doubling up on Ben Arfa or Gouffran? Do you think all week in training the opposition labelled Obertan as the "Main threat".

Why do you think only Hull and Nice will touch such a dangerous, offensive player then? Is the whole continent under Pardew's spell?

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #9713 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:38:49 pm »
Are you sure you like Newcastle? ;)

Offline oldtype

• Trailer Wanker
  • General Member
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #9714 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:39:35 pm »
All of this is moot because even if he was still here Carver would have him playing with the reserves.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #9715 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:39:46 pm »
Hull are managed by Steve Bruce and are below us, and Nice legally aren't allowed to play him.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #9716 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:40:04 pm »
You seem to have left my question unanswered for about the third time.

Offline ilikenewcastle

• General Member
« Reply #9717 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:42:54 pm »

Offline mozy

• General Member
« Reply #9718 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:43:13 pm »
Becasue a large number of employed Football managers are uneducated former players, who in Steve Bruce's case especially, have received a large number of knocks to the head. These retards are so fixed in their stone age ways, they see no place for talented mavericks who don't conform to the 'work rate', 'ethic' or other buzzword bollocks.

Offline Twinport53

• General Member
« Reply #9719 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:44:58 pm »
Why do you think only Hull and Nice will touch such a dangerous, offensive player then? Is the whole continent under Pardew's spell?

Because people like you believe Pardew's bullshit about being lazy, fat and not helping the team. The media believed it, other clubs fans believe it because they only pay attention to NUFC when the play us home and away.

It doesn't take a f***ing genius to see that he's an extremely talented individual, who's reputation has been dragged through the dirt to cover one managers short comings. And that is Alan Pardew.

He played for the 2 biggest teams in France. And scored goals for us that I will never forget. He is the reason people fall in love with the sport and get off their seats at the match. He's a maverick and it's why we all follow the game.

I suppose when you were a kid playing football on the field, you pretended to be somebody more hard working and trustworthy? Like Phil Neville.
Hatem Ben Arfa -

Offline Twinport53

• General Member
« Reply #9720 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:45:43 pm »

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Get to f*** man.
Hatem Ben Arfa -

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #9721 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:46:28 pm »

Given his consistent rate of goals/assists when he's actually allowed on the field, I find that an extraordinary statement but fair enough, we're not going to agree.

Offline ilikenewcastle

• General Member
« Reply #9722 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:46:51 pm »
Becasue a large number of employed Football managers are uneducated former players, who in Steve Bruce's case especially, have received a large number of knocks to the head. These retards are so fixed in their stone age ways, they see no place for talented mavericks who don't conform to the 'work rate', 'ethic' or other buzzword bollocks.

I'm sorry, but are you saying every manager in Europe is too thick to buy Ben Arfa? I remember someone saying earlier in this thread that it was the fault of every manager Ben Arfa has played under that he hasn't achieved his true potential. Sorry, but this is ridiculous. "It's everybody's fault except Hatem's that he isn't playing for a top club".

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #9723 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:48:45 pm »

:lol: :lol:
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #9724 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 04:49:16 pm »
I must admit that I start to doubt the sanity of a man who doesn't believe a regular creator and scorer of goals being in the side ahead of a man who has scored 1 goal and has 1 assist in 24 games would make a difference.