Author Topic: Lee Charnley  (Read 184010 times)

Offline toon25

• General Member
Re: Lee Charnley
« Reply #2550 on: Friday 19 April 2019, 12:32:04 am »
This investment in young players never pays off as the youth they buy never makes it to the first team.

I can’t think of one single youth they’ve bought who’s made the step up.

In recent years we’ve had Paully D and Carroll. 2 f***ing players in 10 years from our own youth system. Tragic.

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #2551 on: Friday 19 April 2019, 12:52:27 am »
This investment in young players never pays off as the youth they buy never makes it to the first team.

I can’t think of one single youth they’ve bought who’s made the step up.

In recent years we’ve had Paully D and Carroll. 2 f***ing players in 10 years from our own youth system. Tragic.
Longstaff is probably sandwiched between those 2 in terms of potential and he will probably have a better career than both.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #2552 on: Friday 19 April 2019, 01:12:40 am »
None of those were bought/brought in from elsewhere either though were they?
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #2553 on: Friday 19 April 2019, 06:59:48 am »
I was thinking about the players we pick up across Europe for small fees.  They tend to hang about the club for ages and never progress to the first team.  We end up selling them on  for little profit.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #2554 on: Friday 19 April 2019, 07:06:25 am »
Well all that talk from Charnley sounds like another wonderful season is in store next year. Can’t wait.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #2555 on: Friday 19 April 2019, 08:05:42 am »
Charnley wages have now doubled in the latest report, to over 300k. He must be doing an exceptional job....
He's Ashley's very own Smithers. He's doing a perfect job in Ashley's eyes.

Heard he never misses an episode of Pardon My Zinger.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #2556 on: Friday 19 April 2019, 08:23:16 am »
None of those were bought/brought in from elsewhere either though were they?
True It up was the last youth talent we bought that did ok.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #2557 on: Friday 19 April 2019, 08:32:49 am »
It’s embarrassing how much this prick and his fat boss try to belittle NUFC - pair of utter arseholes! The training ground / good season quotes are a complete joke!

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #2558 on: Friday 19 April 2019, 08:45:52 am »
People need to vote with their feet like. It’s at the point where you have no right to moan. Sure you pay your money so you’re entitled to your right to reply but by what logic can you be taken seriously? People are being exploited because on the whole people are fundamentally trusting and decent but we’re getting charged to be voluntarily kicked in the bollocks hard every year and we’re just left looking like mugs.

If its your social life fair enough but the guy is taking a steaming dump on it. If it’s the way you spend time your family, I sympathise but guess what he’s doing to that too? I’d have zero pride buying the little uns tickets or shirts these days - it’s a matter of damned principle now.

There are two constants and although ‘the lads’ is a lovely sentiment and we love and respect many of them - the players and manager are only ever mercenaries (not in the pejorative) and it just leaves the fans and Ashley. Currently the fans are standing for nothing or at best don’t know how.
« Last Edit: Friday 19 April 2019, 11:37:03 am by Darth Crooks »

SS2 Paul Dummett - power level - over 9000

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #2559 on: Friday 19 April 2019, 09:17:45 am »
People need to vote with their feet like. It’s at the point where you have no right to moan. Sure you pay your money so you’re entitled to your right to reply but by what logic can you be taken seriously? People are being exploited because on the whole people are fundamentally trusting and decent but we’re getting charged to be voluntarily kicked in the bollocks hard every year and we’re just left looking like mugs.

If its your social life fair enough but the guy is taking a steaming dump it. If it’s the way you spend time your family, I sympathise but guess what he’s doing to that too? I’d have zero pride buying the little uns tickets or shirts these days - it’s a matter of damned principle now.

There are two constants and although ‘the lads’ is a lovely sentiment and we love and respect many of them - the players and manager are only ever mercenaries (not in the pejorative) and it just leaves the fans and Ashley. Currently the fans are standing for nothing or at best don’t know how.

Well said.
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline dtd

• So55
  • General Member
« Reply #2560 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 05:04:13 pm »
If we were to be bought tomorrow (dreams!), and our new owner didn't want to be involved in the day-to-day running of the club, who would people like to be brought in as chairman to replace this knacker?
"What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love." - Sir Bobby Robson

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #2561 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 05:08:01 pm »
Someone competent.

With a neck.

Offline Jinky Jim

« Reply #2562 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 05:08:31 pm »
If we were to be bought tomorrow (dreams!), and our new owner didn't want to be involved in the day-to-day running of the club, who would people like to be brought in as chairman to replace this knacker?

King Kev!

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #2563 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 05:11:05 pm »
Levy from Spurs.

Offline geordie john

• General Member
« Reply #2564 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 05:14:24 pm »

King Kev!
Jinky, that's always been a dream of mine, that one day he would return (again!) as chairman. Can you imagine the ride it would be??

Offline Jinky Jim

« Reply #2565 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 05:32:12 pm »

King Kev!
Jinky, that's always been a dream of mine, that one day he would return (again!) as chairman. Can you imagine the ride it would be??

Think i’d die a happy man.Imagine the “love in” with Kev as chairman and Rafa as manager.

Then i’d Wake up !!!

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #2566 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 06:38:48 pm »
Anyone. Anything else. A condom full of sausage meat.

SS2 Paul Dummett - power level - over 9000

Offline geordiedean

• General Member
« Reply #2567 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 01:38:33 pm »
The inanimate rod that beats Homer to employee of the month would do a better job than Charnley
and now Tudor's gone down for Newcastle