Author Topic: Personal Finance Thread  (Read 10517 times)

Offline Disco

• General Member
Re: Personal Finance Thread
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 03:07:15 PM »
This change to overdrafts seems like an unnecessary f*** you to those without cash or am I wrong?

Offline Matt

• General Member
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 04:05:20 PM »
It's in response to the regulator wanting to be rid of the '£2 a day' type arrangements in favour of a single fixed rate, so if you only just go into negative territory, you don't get walloped with the whole daily fee.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #202 on: Thursday 16 January 2020, 11:41:00 AM »
I'm with Halifax and it's 1p per £7 borrowed or something. Thankfully haven't been in my overdraft for a while but it was wild when I was saving for the wedding. :lol:

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #203 on: Friday 17 January 2020, 07:59:16 AM »
Set up an Investment ISA through HSBC three months ago, chose the "balanced risk" package and it's +£915 already.  Should have done that ages ago.  I'm sure Brexit will come along and wipe it all out.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #204 on: Friday 17 January 2020, 08:25:36 AM »
Set up an Investment ISA through HSBC three months ago, chose the "balanced risk" package and it's +£915 already.  Should have done that ages ago.  I'm sure Brexit will come along and wipe it all out.

How much did you put into that for a big return so quick?

I've wanted to invest but feels like once I'm comfortable something else comes along. :lol:

Online LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #205 on: Friday 17 January 2020, 02:08:38 PM »
Since the 6th of January 2020 and today my Stocks & Shares ISA has gone from a 12% return on my investment to a 20% return on my investment. The US stock markets have hit record highs over the last day. Obviously it could very easily go right back down again.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!