Author Topic: LOST - Entire Series Discussion  (Read 277222 times)

Offline Tisd09

• General Member
Re: LOST - Entire Series Discussion
« Reply #9900 on: Thursday 8 September 2016, 01:19:30 PM »
We have to go back.

I know it is nearly two years since this post but I like this. :) Well played...

I would love for them to do some more Lost no matter what the capacity.
"Now who ya gonna run to?"

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #9901 on: Thursday 8 September 2016, 01:41:00 PM »
Initially I loved the idea of a revisit, but nah, it'd be so s*** now.  Shows have come along way in this little time as well, LOST was far too safe.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #9902 on: Thursday 8 September 2016, 03:31:02 PM »
Nah, leave it be.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #9903 on: Thursday 8 September 2016, 04:56:12 PM »
Yep, it has its place in TV folklore as it is. I'm rewatching it atm and you can see how dated certain elements of it is, but in the advent of boxset-binging, Lost will be remembered with significance, regardless of your opinion of the show itself.

19 million a week it initially averaged in the US, hitting maximums of 23 million in season 2. Averaged about 6 million in the UK.

Offline YankeeToon

• General Member
« Reply #9904 on: Thursday 8 September 2016, 11:52:31 PM »
Man, I was such a LOST junkie when it was on. After every episode, in online discussions and frame-by-framing TiVO for clues. We really believed there was some carefully-crafted overarching mystery to solve, tying it all together. If only we'd known they were just sort of making it up on the fly as they went... Still, it was good times while it lasted. First non-sports TV show that I remember where bars started having watch parties every week for it.

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #9905 on: Friday 9 September 2016, 04:11:02 PM »
Man, I was such a LOST junkie when it was on. After every episode, in online discussions and frame-by-framing TiVO for clues. We really believed there was some carefully-crafted overarching mystery to solve, tying it all together. If only we'd known they were just sort of making it up on the fly as they went... Still, it was good times while it lasted. First non-sports TV show that I remember where bars started having watch parties every week for it.

Seen bars doing that for Game of Thrones now as well. Everyone constantly cheering and applauding through the episode and book w*****s shouting stuff out. Seems like the absolute worst way to watch a show :lol:

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #9906 on: Friday 9 September 2016, 09:07:33 PM »
The first two series of this was mint. Used to torrent it at uni and 4 of us would crowd round and watch it on a laptop getting baked. Easily the best show to watch stoned.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make