Author Topic: Nerd Wars - formerly the Star Wars thread (Use spoiler tags liberally)  (Read 204607 times)

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
Re: Nerd Wars - formerly the Star Wars thread (Use spoiler tags liberally)
« Reply #5476 on: Friday 17 January 2020, 03:27:20 PM »
Details of that leaked Trevorrow script for ep9 seemed shitter than what came out somehow.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #5477 on: Friday 17 January 2020, 05:04:26 PM »
Taika doing Star Wars would be great, love his laidback style of films. Didn't realise he did the last Mandolorian episode, will have to rewatch it to see if there are any of his trademarks on it. Would love him to be given control of a series of films and make something along the lines of Ragnarok, plenty of room in the Star Wars universe for a more laid back series of films. 

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #5478 on: Friday 17 January 2020, 10:56:15 PM »
They'll just sack him half way through production and replace him with Dexter Fletcher.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
Finally watched it today. Pretty much this:

Watched it today

Felt like it was directed by some rabid Reddit fanboy

A breathless, incoherent spectacle anchored by mindless pandering to nostalgia.

I'm still stunned at how little care has been given to the original trilogy, at every turn, the treatment of its characters has been woeful.

Going to go on a therapeutic rant now
Spoiler
[close]
There is no artistic intention underpinning this trilogy. And:

It's so f***ing obvious that this "Multiple directors for multiple films without any blueprint or plot" thing they did just didn't work.

The whole trilogy feels really designed by committee.

It didn't work, but it's not even that it's designed by committee, just that committee was always lurking in the background with a "sort-of-idea" of what they wanted, which they then tried to wrangle into each film.

Like somebody said, there were a couple of nice ideas (essentially Rey and Ren, and some of Luke) in TLJ that were drowning in a morass of s****. Some of that can be laid at Rian Johnson's door, some of that might have come from above. I do feel like some of that mess needed to be cleaned up, and that's what JJ Abrams did with ROS. I thought he actually did a considerably better job than I had expected - parts of ROS were genuinely moving for an old Star Wars fogey like me. There was just so much cringeworthy pish though, and some truly wasted opportunities.

Spoiler
[close]

The whole trilogy was a wasted opportunity, but you know, I enjoyed some bits. I can live with that. As for the prequels:

I tried to watch the movie but it was even worse than Attack of the Clones.
Disney should spend the money to restore the PT and cut out all the digital fluff. There’s a decent plot there.

No.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
And at least I can read the f***ing spoilers now. I accidentally found out about
Spoiler
[close]
which was a bit of a pisser.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
No.

I was talking about Clone Wars, not Rise of Skywalker.  It's a CGI movie where nothing happens apart from Anakin and Obi Wan killing a few droids.  It's possibly the worst thing I've ever seen.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT

Offline leffe186

• General Member
No.

I was talking about Clone Wars, not Rise of Skywalker.  It's a CGI movie where nothing happens apart from Anakin and Obi Wan killing a few droids.  It's possibly the worst thing I've ever seen.

Oh well that makes more sense :lol:.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
They should try to reclaim the PT though