Author Topic: Season Tickets  (Read 262032 times)

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
Re: Season Tickets
« Reply #4450 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 09:00:09 AM »
Nowhere near 40k there yesterday if the pictures doing the rounds on Twitter are anything to go by. Looked around 5k empty seats in the Leazes End alone, Milburn was very sparsely populated in both the corporate areas and L7, and the Gallowgate Upper was only 50% occupied. Looked more like 36/37k there.

I don't even think they're counting tickets sold any more as there's not a chance 15k people bought tickets for that on general sale. They're simply plucking numbers out of thin air.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #4451 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 03:16:03 PM »
Nowhere near 40k there yesterday if the pictures doing the rounds on Twitter are anything to go by. Looked around 5k empty seats in the Leazes End alone, Milburn was very sparsely populated in both the corporate areas and L7, and the Gallowgate Upper was only 50% occupied. Looked more like 36/37k there.

I don't even think they're counting tickets sold any more as there's not a chance 15k people bought tickets for that on general sale. They're simply plucking numbers out of thin air.

Difficult to argue with not being there, didn’t look so bad on telly .
Ashley has killed my club

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #4452 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 04:17:40 PM »
On TV it looked quite full, except the Gallowgate lower. But you can't see much of the ground at all when they're looking down on the pitch.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #4453 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 04:21:40 PM »
Apparently corporate has taken a massive hit this season
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #4454 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 04:28:20 PM »
On TV it looked quite full, except the Gallowgate lower. But you can't see much of the ground at all when they're looking down on the pitch.

Leazes.

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #4455 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 06:06:17 PM »

Difficult to argue with not being there, didn’t look so bad on telly .

Most of the emptiest parts don't show up on tv. Gallowgate Upper was less than 50% occupied (there's an article doing the rounds about that), Milburn L7 had a few thousand gaps and corporate areas were sparsely populated. Ground certainly looked less than 75% full. Sometimes the TV pictures can be misleading though because the fullest parts (East Stand/Gallowgate lower) are the areas TV viewers see.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #4456 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 06:48:57 PM »
Apparently corporate has taken a massive hit this season

Not surprised at the prices, my mate gets hounded by the corporate team on the phone and by email just because he took a modicum of interest in the table prices, offering discounts from £100 per head reduced to £70.

Still s**** price as you get f*** all for your money, it’s more the fact that they are chasing business that’s funny as f***.
Ashley has killed my club

Offline Disco

« Reply #4457 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 07:26:19 PM »
Our place got given half the seats in a box last season and it was hard filling it from a business sense then, especially with so few games being Saturday 3pm.

Offline Cookie1892

• General Member
« Reply #4458 on: Thursday 31 October 2019, 10:21:37 AM »
loads of the boxes don't seem to have name plates this season which is definitely a first.

I know of one person who has binned their box off and gone to tables instead