Author Topic: Season Tickets  (Read 248844 times)

Offline chopey

• General Member
Re: Season Tickets
« Reply #3050 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:31:12 pm »
"f*** it....I won't be the owner next season anyway so I'll give them another massive increase in their ticket prices as a litte parting gift....the Geordie caahnts"

The other way of looking at it is why would he hike the prices up so much in the midst of a takeover if he's not going to be here to reap the benefits of it?

You would expect him to leave things they are.

Exactly
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Wandy

• General Member
« Reply #3051 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:32:06 pm »
"f*** it....I won't be the owner next season anyway so I'll give them another massive increase in their ticket prices as a litte parting gift....the Geordie caahnts"

The other way of looking at it is why would he hike the prices up so much in the midst of a takeover if he's not going to be here to reap the benefits of it?

You would expect him to leave things they are.

Like I say...as a final "f*** you".

That's if he knows for certain the club is sold, of course.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3052 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:32:34 pm »
What are our prices compared to the rest of the mid-table clubs?

Our average (1 year standard) season ticket price is the 6th highest in the league. Only Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool are more expensive.

Another Ashley myth is that he's made football more affordable as well.

If we were looking to break into the top 6 and use that money to attract those players you’d accept it.
?s=21

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #3053 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:34:35 pm »

Our average (1 year standard) season ticket price is the 6th highest in the league. Only Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool are more expensive.

If we were looking to break into the top 6 and use that money to attract those players you’d accept it.

Personally I wouldn't pay it no. We're not in a particularly wealthy area of the country here and the ticket prices are becoming unaffordable regardless of the clubs ambition.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #3054 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:35:16 pm »

Maybe, but even then £600+ for a season ticket is not representative of working class people in the North East of England. I thought last season's increase was a bit much tbh, but I was paying for a junior's then.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Online WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #3055 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:37:57 pm »

Nee idea, but haven't Norwich today capped individual tickets for home games at £30?
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3056 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:45:32 pm »

Maybe, but even then £600+ for a season ticket is not representative of working class people in the North East of England. I thought last season's increase was a bit much tbh, but I was paying for a junior's then.

I’d personally pay £660 a year for a club with ambition, I wouldn’t pay £500 to watch Mike Ashley’s Newcastle.
?s=21

Offline Mistle17

• General Member
  • Against Modern Football
« Reply #3057 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:50:10 pm »
Genuinely, how do people afford that? That's just unbelievable.

Funny how the game in England is obsessed with all this diversity/quota bollocks yet the very people that keep the game alive are not included when it comes to accessibility to watch. It's absolutely scandalous, but of course nothing will happen.

If the takeover doesn't happen that in itself should be the cue to jack in the ST's, but with this now in the mix how can anyone justify/afford this? Imagine if you're a dad/son(s) trying to go! Not a f***ing hope.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3058 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:53:47 pm »

Funny how the game in England is obsessed with all this diversity/quota bollocks yet the very people that keep the game alive are not included when it comes to accessibility to watch. It's absolutely scandalous, but of course nothing will happen.

If the takeover doesn't happen that in itself should be the cue to jack in the ST's, but with this now in the mix how can anyone justify/afford this? Imagine if you're a dad/son(s) trying to go! Not a f***ing hope.

It’s an extra £3-4 a week. I could make a weekly sacrifice of that amount if it meant loving going to the game again. I’m sure people could cut out that extra couple of pints pre or post match if it meant the enjoyment at the game again?
?s=21

Offline Wilson

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • The Mike, The.
« Reply #3059 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 08:52:41 am »
Sorry but anyone renewing at the minute wants their heads checked.  It's f***ing mental, yet I assume there will be thousands.  Just this alone should be enough to put people off after the 20%(?) increase last season before you even consider the whole Rafa/no signings carry on.

Further proof (if needed) that he can literally do what he wants without any backlash.

Offline frankpingel

• General Member
« Reply #3060 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 09:36:14 am »
Read comments elsewhere like "not bothered I'm on ten year fixed price" . What are they expecting when that ends and the jump in price will hit hard.
I thought with TV money and commercial ( not so much us ) being the source of the vast majority of Premier League clubs revenue that matchday income wasn't that significant? So why the price hike? Is it to cover our deficiencies commercially.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #3061 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 09:38:28 am »
600 odd quid to sit in silence and boo misplaced passes. Sign me the f*** up.

Offline Heake

• General Member
« Reply #3062 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 09:55:15 am »
600 odd quid to sit in silence and boo misplaced passes. Sign me the f*** up.

You just know when your sat there amidst the barrage of SD signage watching damage limitation football being played out by a, largely Championship, side in a crowd so benign you wonder if the pre-Ashley era crowds were all just a figment of your imagination, that your witnessing Sports Direct Soccer. A bit like real Football, but with 60% off   

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #3063 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 10:07:48 am »
Support tha teem not that regeem

Offline Boo Boy

• General Member
  • Boom!
« Reply #3064 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 10:09:32 am »
Read comments elsewhere like "not bothered I'm on ten year fixed price" . What are they expecting when that ends and the jump in price will hit hard.
I thought with TV money and commercial ( not so much us ) being the source of the vast majority of Premier League clubs revenue that matchday income wasn't that significant? So why the price hike? Is it to cover our deficiencies commercially.

you can summarise that as 'Because Mike is a c***'
follow my patter on Twitter @BooBoy_1

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #3065 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 10:25:50 am »
Support the regime that likes tangerines
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #3066 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 10:36:21 am »
It’s a day out though isn’t it, few pints, couple bets, £5 bottle of coors at half time, couple pints after the match then home for match of the day.
LGM

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #3067 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 10:54:33 am »
Beats spending it with old ball and chain. Am I rite guys.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #3068 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 10:59:06 am »
Deadline is July 4th, I can at least see what the situation with Rafa is before I decide to renew. Not that it’s much of a problem for me, I’d be paying by DD, so I could cancel anytime in anyway.

Offline Matt

• General Member
« Reply #3069 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 11:05:12 am »
Deadline is July 4th, I can at least see what the situation with Rafa is before I decide to renew. Not that it’s much of a problem for me, I’d be paying by DD, so I could cancel anytime in anyway.

Does a deadline even mean anything? Or is it an issue for those on the price freezes?

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #3070 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 11:09:08 am »

Does a deadline even mean anything? Or is it an issue for those on the price freezes?
Yeah, means once it’s past they can sell your seat on. They usually extend the deadline though, and then even reserve it for a little while after that if you still haven’t renewed.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #3071 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 11:19:38 am »

These two things are not related at all.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Ankles Bennett

• General Member
« Reply #3072 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 11:20:50 am »
Anyone think the ST price increase is to pay for all the upgrades Rafa has asked for?

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #3073 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 11:40:30 am »
Anyone think the ST price increase is to pay for all the upgrades Rafa has asked for?

No
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #3074 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 11:49:49 am »
Beats spending it with old ball and chain. Am I rite guys.

I'm sure alot of us know of lads like this. I do, and I've said to them for years just f***ing pretend you have the season ticket then go to town and stay in the pubs all day. Much better experience. Also click on the season ticket money. Everyone's a winner.