Author Topic: The Managerial Merry-go-round - Bilic joins WBA  (Read 753897 times)

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
Re: The Managerial Merry-go-round - Brighton appoint Potter / Allegri to leave Juve
« Reply #14625 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:35:01 am »
I like Bilic but I thought it was pretty common knowledge how poor he is tactically within the game. Not sure how he'll cope with a 46 game season

Offline neesy111

• General Member
Re: The Managerial Merry-go-round - Brighton appoint Potter / Allegri to leave Juve
« Reply #14626 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 06:39:55 pm »
Bad appointment.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #14627 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 03:03:29 pm »

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
Re: The Managerial Merry-go-round - Bilic joins WBA
« Reply #14628 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 05:39:15 pm »
Interesting appointment

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #14629 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 05:52:26 pm »
What odds Charlton v Middlesbrough will be the first game of the EPL season? Probably live on Sky.
?s=21

Offline Groo

• General Member
« Reply #14630 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 07:32:00 pm »
Interesting appointment

and he's bringing in ex-Liverpool player Mike Marsh as part of his team.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #14631 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 08:11:57 pm »
In surprising news, Jamie Redknapp reckons Frank Lampard would be perfect for the Chelsea job

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #14632 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 08:17:40 pm »
Interesting appointment

Looks like a cross between Wayne Bridge and Craig Bellamy there.

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #14633 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 08:53:42 pm »
In surprising news, Jamie Redknapp reckons Frank Lampard would be the perfect for the Chelsea job

Can’t wait to hear him and his Skysports pals enjoying ripping into Newcastle during our horrifically tough first 10 fixtures again :anguish:

Going to have to watch the same thing all over again 2 months of fixture hell then catch upto midtable by the end of season.

Literally have to be the team playing catch up all season again.

I’ll be shocked if Rafa can be arsed to be made to go through all that again.

« Last Edit: Thursday 13 June 2019, 09:04:16 pm by Gallowgate End »

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #14634 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 10:39:00 pm »
I like Lampard. Great player and has always seemed like a good bloke. His association with that utterly rancid cowpat of a shitclub is a real shame. I kinda wanna see him do well but, yeah, Chelsea. Plus these sort of appointments are the PFM crowd's wet dream. He'll get the job, having not earned it, yet there'll still be cries of "when oh when will a young white English fella get a top job!? D:  "

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #14635 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 10:48:16 pm »
?s=20
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #14636 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 10:59:39 pm »
Was a better manager than Chelsea fans will give him credit for. Always good to have quirky personalities around the league, I’ll be sarri to see him go.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #14637 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 12:13:13 am »
Not sure what more he could’ve done. Thought they were unfortunate not to beat Man City in the Cup.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #14638 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 03:29:27 am »
The fact that Chelsea fans hate Benitez and Sarri, who both did very well for them despite both having a hand tied behind their backs, tells you all you need to know about Chelsea fans.
Looking after Charles Freck's artifacts

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #14639 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 09:09:05 am »
Woodgate appointed on a three year contract

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #14640 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 09:21:32 am »
Robbie Keane assistant manager too

Offline Odin

• General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #14641 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 09:29:57 am »
The fact that Chelsea fans hate Benitez and Sarri, who both did very well for them despite both having a hand tied behind their backs, tells you all you need to know about Chelsea fans.

Chelsea are going to go through a bit of a blip, the transfer ban is a big part of it if it stands but also Abramovich hasn’t been in the country in a year. Had his visa revoked after that whole Russian poisoning thing, how interested can he be when he’s watching a thousand miles away on a yacht?

They might just write off the 2 years and give Lampard a chance to cut his teeth at this level.

Also with Man Utd looking shaky, the top 4 is very much up for grabs this year for a number of teams.
Minge Tingles

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #14642 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 09:32:58 am »

Chelsea are going to go through a bit of a blip, the transfer ban is a big part of it if it stands but also Abramovich hasn’t been in the country in a year. Had his visa revoked after that whole Russian poisoning thing, how interested can he be when he’s watching a thousand miles away on a yacht?

They might just write off the 2 years and give Lampard a chance to cut his teeth at this level.

Also with Man Utd looking shaky, the top 4 is very much up for grabs this year for a number of teams.

He's been in the UK, he's allowed in via his Israeli citizenship.

Offline Odin

• General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #14643 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 09:37:30 am »

He's been in the UK, he's allowed in via his Israeli citizenship.

Are you sure? He’s not been at a Chelsea game in some time.
Minge Tingles

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #14644 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 10:25:00 am »
I don't think any manager can survive long term anymore at Chelsea unless Abramovich sells the club or changes the board. They went to huge lengths to get Sarri as manager, had a battle with Napoli to agree compensation for most of last summer and got him players that he wanted like Jorginho to help settle the team, but once he hit some bad form around Christmas he was as good as gone.

Chelsea have had some really good managers in the last few years, but it seems they can't last very long if the board don't support them when in difficult times or if the players and fans show discontent. I reckon if Chelsea got Guardiola instead of Man City and he had the same season when he first arrived in the Premier League he would have been sacked as well. Chelsea used to be able to survive these manager changes when they had Terry, Lampard and Drogba in the squad, but not anymore especially after selling Hazard.

I don't know what they are thinking or expect Lampard to achieve if they appoint him as manager. He has done well in his first job in management at Derby, but finishing in the play offs with Derby is not exactly over achieving its about where you expect Derby to finish these days in the Championship. With a transfer ban and without Hazard its difficult to see them finishing in the top 6 it would be embarrassing for the rest of the league if the likes of Wolves and Leicester can't finish above them next season.
« Last Edit: Friday 14 June 2019, 10:42:07 am by Tribesman »

Offline Disco

« Reply #14645 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 10:38:38 am »
It's the fans as much as the board. I'd absolutely love Lampard to fall flat on his face with Lionheart John Terry saluting next to him.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #14646 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 10:44:26 am »
I don't think any manager can survive long term anymore at Chelsea unless Abramovich sells the club or changes the board. They went to huge lengths to get Sarri as manager, had a battle with Napoli to agree compensation for most of last summer and got him players that he wanted like Jorginho to help settle the team, but once he hit some bad form around Christmas he was as good as gone.

Chelsea have had some really good managers in the last few years, but it seems they can't last very long if the board don't support them when in difficult times or if the players and fans show discontent. I reckon if Chelsea got Guardiola instead of Man City and he had the same season when he first arrived in the Premier League he would have been sacked as well. Chelsea used to be able to survive these manager changes when they had Terry, Lampard and Drogba in the squad, but not anymore especially after selling Hazard.

I don't what they are thinking or expect Lampard to achieve if they appoint him as manager. He has done well in his first job in management at Derby, but finishing in the play offs with Derby is not exactly over achieving its about where you expect Derby to finish these days in the Championship. With a transfer ban and without Hazard its difficult to see them finishing in the top 6 it would be embarrassing for the rest of the league if the likes of Wolves and Leicester can't finish above them next season.

I cant agree with this, Chelsea have an amazing squad and have already signed Hazards replacement in Christian Pulisic, Zouma will replace the outgoing Cahill, If Lampard goes there and they dont finish top 4 with a good run in the Champions league and the cups its a massive failure
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #14647 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 10:50:21 am »

I don't what they are thinking or expect Lampard to achieve if they appoint him as manager. He has done well in his first job in management at Derby, but finishing in the play offs with Derby is not exactly over achieving its about where you expect Derby to finish these days in the Championship. With a transfer ban and without Hazard its difficult to see them finishing in the top 6 it would be embarrassing for the rest of the league if the likes of Wolves and Leicester can't finish above them next season.

I cant agree with this, Chelsea have an amazing squad and have already signed Hazards replacement in Christian Pulisic, Zouma will replace the outgoing Cahill, If Lampard goes there and they dont finish top 4 with a good run in the Champions league and the cups its a massive failure

If he goes there he'll do worse than Sarri and still get the plaudits from the studio nobs. There'll be no end of excuses trotted out for him, same as we can expect for solsjkaer this season.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #14648 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 10:54:03 am »

Not sure, like. Pulisic is average, Hazard isn't being replaced and their strikers (at best) will be Giroud, Higuain, Abraham and Batschuayi. Lampard will have to put faith in youngsters like Mount and Hudson-Odoi, which takes time. Leicester and Wolves must be excited at these developments because there's a real chance of making the top 6.

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #14649 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 10:58:02 am »

They have lost arguably the best player in the Premier League. There have many matches where Hazard has had to dig Chelsea out of trouble and win matches by himself. Pulisic might do well, but huge pressure on him if they expect him to have the same impact as Hazard.