Author Topic: The Managerial Merry-go-round - Lampard joins Chelsea  (Read 766797 times)

stlouismag, BigValley and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Stottie

• General Member
  • Aal these sheep and you've got nae bacon!
Re: The Managerial Merry-go-round - Chris Hughton sacked
« Reply #14275 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 07:37:02 am »
Can’t see anyone succeeding at Chelsea atm. Poisoned chalice.

If third, Europa League final, and League Cup final is failing, then yeah, it's going to be hard to succeed.

fwiw, past history suggests the top two won't get 97+ points next year. I doubt that will prove to be a new normal. I doubt Liverpool will match 97 points and City could struggle to hit that level too. Replace current-form Aguero (coming up to 31) with current-form Jesus, who's still excellent but isn't the same focal point, and that's down to 90 points. 90 points is still way off for current Chelsea and the others, but is a more realistic goal than record-chasing territory.

Online ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #14276 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 09:47:06 am »
Chelsea have been bloody awful to watch this season IMO, a proper one man team that without Hazard would have struggled IMO. How much of that is on Sarri is very much up for debate though tbf as Chelsea seems to be rotten to the core in regards of top level management. If Hazard leaves this summer, and the transfer ban stays, I can't see how they finish anywhere near the top 4, let alone being in a title race, no matter who manages them.

Spot on :thup:

5th at best and for them next season if Hazard leaves and Sarri stays probably send him back to Italy halfway into the season.

Shame there isn’t a good enough upcoming side outside the Big 6 to knock Chelsea and Man Utd out of it becuase these next 2 years would probably be the best opportunity of it.

Wolves will drop like a stone in the league with Europa League and West Ham and Everton will still not be anywhere near even after spending another £100million :laugh:

Put Rafa Benitez in charge of West Ham or Everton with £100million to spend and he would break that Big 6 with a cigar in his mouth.

They haven't been that bad at all,and they are third and in a final. Also what makes you think Wolves will drop like a stone, did you predict them to do badly this season like? their signings have largely been pretty much successes.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Online ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #14277 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 09:48:19 am »
Thought Klopp didn't have a winner's mentality. Or is it Pochettino? I can't keep up. Suppose we'll find out on June 1st cos they can't both have one.

Well quite.

We will :snod:

Pochettino has lost like 17 times this season with a lineup that cost on average £300million.

“Miracle” worker though :rolleyes:

Got Spurs to a CL final.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #14278 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 10:14:11 am »

Offline Pons Alias

• General Member
« Reply #14279 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 10:25:55 am »
Ashley’s dream replacement for Rafa

Offline Disco

« Reply #14280 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 10:45:32 am »
Thought Klopp didn't have a winner's mentality. Or is it Pochettino? I can't keep up. Suppose we'll find out on June 1st cos they can't both have one.

Well quite.

Pochettino has lost like 17 times this season with a lineup that cost on average £300million.

Got Spurs to a CL final.

And it's hot s*** anyway. Cba to find their most appeared XI but the strongest is arguably:

Lloris - 12m

Sanchez - 42m
Alderweireld - 11.5m
Vertonghen - 12m

Trippier - 3.5m
Sissoko - 30m
Eriksen - 11m
Rose - 1m

Son - 22m
Kane - Nowt
Alli - 5m

Total - £150m

Even if you add in Lucas (22m), Lamela (25m) and Aurier (22.5m) for their 3 cheapest players it's still wildly inaccurate. Maybe he's stuffing 50's into the players kegs but that'd be a lot of notes.

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
  • Walk with Elias
« Reply #14281 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 10:48:17 am »
Hooton early favourite for Boro job..

Offline Disco

« Reply #14282 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:05:08 pm »
Allegri leaving Juve.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #14283 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:07:27 pm »
Conte to succeed him? Can't think of many others. Also no idea where Allegri will go next unless he has a bit of a break.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #14284 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:15:35 pm »
They'll never win the title with Sarri. They want someone with a winner's mentality. Allegri would do well there. Italians do well there.

Well they aren't going to win a title till Pep/Klopp are gone anyway. I don't see why Sarri definitely won't win a title there anyway compared to others. People go on about him not winning stuff like he's been managing Inter, Juve and Milan for the last 20 years. He had one chance at Napoli where he was already massively overachieving by budget and he was responsible for basically the only year where Juve were actually put under pressure to win the league

Sarri is also Italian :lol:

there's almost certainly a reason for this no?  given the turnover of managers at italian clubs wonder why he was never given a decent shot at anything until napoli
Because he wasn’t a player and had to work his way up from nowhere basically. Even Napoli taking a chance on him was seen as a massive gamble at the time
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
Re: The Managerial Merry-go-round - Chris Hughton sacked / Allegri to leave Juve
« Reply #14285 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:29:30 pm »

Well quite.

Got Spurs to a CL final.

Even if you add in Lucas (22m), Lamela (25m) and Aurier (22.5m) for their 3 cheapest players.

Imagine spending that much on his bench and thinking he’s working a “Miracle” :laugh:

He got a £42million centre half :lol:

How does that man get 4th and win nothing what a ”Miracle” worker.

Lost 17 games this season with a squad that cost over £300million “Best £ for £ manager in the league” though :doh:

Offline Sima

• General Member
Re: The Managerial Merry-go-round - Chris Hughton sacked / Allegri to leave Juve
« Reply #14286 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:34:06 pm »
Conte to succeed him? Can't think of many others. Also no idea where Allegri will go next unless he has a bit of a break.

Man Utd.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #14287 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:34:27 pm »
Serie A will be interesting next season if Inter get Conte, Milan get Sarri and Juve get Deschamps or someone like that
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #14288 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:39:10 pm »

Man Utd.

If they had any sense they'd go for him. But Ole's at the wheel, he knows the club and knows what the fans want.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline Disco

« Reply #14289 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:40:46 pm »
Wonder if Juve will go for someone like the Atalanta manager or a 'big name'.

Online Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #14290 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:44:04 pm »
Serie A will be interesting next season if Inter get Conte, Milan get Sarri and Juve get Deschamps or someone like that

Plus you have Roma needing a coach too
Roma did go for Conte - but all likely he 'should' be going to Inter (the old Juve technical director is with Inter now who Conte trusts) - However if Inter get rid of their current manager they will need to payout £28m to him and his team (unless Spalletti goes elsewhere - say AC Milan or Roma)

Conte to Inter conformed
« Last Edit: Thursday 23 May 2019, 08:08:56 pm by Mikky »

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #14291 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:45:09 pm »
Roma are favourites for Gasperini

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #14292 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:45:48 pm »

Well quite.

Got Spurs to a CL final.

Even if you add in Lucas (22m), Lamela (25m) and Aurier (22.5m) for their 3 cheapest players.

Imagine spending that much on his bench and thinking he’s working a “Miracle” :laugh:

Lost 17 games this season with a squad that cost over £300million “Best £ for £ manager in the league” though :doh:

Divorcing his results and spending from context? Check
Factual inaccuracies? Check
Take an extreme comment and widely apply it? Check

Sound the WUM klaxon!
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #14293 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:46:33 pm »
Wonder if Juve will go for someone like the Atalanta manager or a 'big name'.
Think they'll have to go for someone "proven" to some extent or they'll take the risk of wasting Cristy's last few good years

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #14294 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:48:54 pm »
Said a few months ago Zidane should have just waited for the Juve job :hmm:

Shame it didn’t happen.

I reckon Poch should try jump ship to Juventus in the Summer will surely look bad if he goes another 15 years without a trophy with that squad at Spurs.

Probably not :lol:

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #14295 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:50:58 pm »

Well quite.

Got Spurs to a CL final.

Divorcing his results and spending from context? Check
Factual inaccuracies? Check
Take an extreme comment and widely apply it? Check

Sound the WUM klaxon!

Aye the centre half cost 50p sorry.

Well done Poch you miracle worker :clap:

Online Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #14296 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:58:21 pm »
Roma are favourites for Gasperini

AC Milan should get on their hand and knees and beg Allegri to come back

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #14297 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 01:01:42 pm »

I mean i like the positivity, but let's be honest Juventus will run through the league as usual.

Online leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #14298 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 01:10:29 pm »

Well quite.

Got Spurs to a CL final.

And it's hot s*** anyway. Cba to find their most appeared XI but the strongest is arguably:

Lloris - 12m

Sanchez - 42m
Alderweireld - 11.5m
Vertonghen - 12m

Trippier - 3.5m
Sissoko - 30m
Eriksen - 11m
Rose - 1m

Son - 22m
Kane - Nowt
Alli - 5m

Total - £150m

Even if you add in Lucas (22m), Lamela (25m) and Aurier (22.5m) for their 3 cheapest players it's still wildly inaccurate. Maybe he's stuffing 50's into the players kegs but that'd be a lot of notes.

It also ignores the biggest problem - up till now we've been completely unable to compete on wages for the top or even second tier players. Every good player who is available for transfer knows there's five teams in the UK alone that will offer appreciably more money. You end up having to pay comparable transfer fees for lesser players and hoping that you can improve them enough to compete. We get Davinson Sanchez and Foyth, West Ham get Issa Diop - all good young centre-backs, but we're just hoping that they develop. Liverpool got Van Dijk, Man City got Laporte - finished articles.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #14299 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 01:11:20 pm »

I mean i like the positivity, but let's be honest Juventus will run through the league as usual.

Aye even trophyless Pochettino would win the Title with Juventus :lol: