Author Topic: The Managerial Merry-go-round - Brighton appoint Potter / Allegri to leave Juve  (Read 743573 times)

Yorkie, Optimistic Nut, Pons Alias, gdm and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Cronky

• General Member
Re: The Managerial Merry-go-round - Chris Hughton sacked
« Reply #14275 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 05:11:29 pm »
Brighton had a terrible second half of the season. Another month and Cardiff would probably have overtaken them.

You wonder if there were problems between the players that Hughton wasn't able to address. I suspect this is a job to avoid.
People generalise too much.

Online STM

• General Member
« Reply #14276 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 05:16:03 pm »
Brighton had a terrible second half of the season. Another month and Cardiff would probably have overtaken them.

You wonder if there were problems between the players that Hughton wasn't able to address. I suspect this is a job to avoid.

There was definitely a problem with the players, they are all s****.

One of the least inspiring squads you would see, based on graft and organisation. It's a miracle Hughton kept them up.

If they are planning something exciting with a exciting new manager and a raft of new players, then great.

I suspect they will hire someone worse than Hughton and waste a s*** ton of money. They will be relegated next year IMO.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #14277 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 05:42:17 pm »
Definitely the correct decision. Blown a decent budget on absolute s**** and they've been in free fall since Xmas
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline Disco

« Reply #14278 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 11:19:16 am »

No surprise there.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #14279 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 12:50:19 pm »
The West Brom owners were accused of being racist for sacking Darren Moore. If they appoint Hughton it'll just be so they can sack him down the line the racist b******s.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #14280 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 12:51:08 pm »
Feels like a great fit

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #14281 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 12:53:57 pm »

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • Rondon ... the Gladiator
« Reply #14282 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 01:46:45 pm »
The West Brom owners were accused of being racist for sacking Darren Moore. If they appoint Hughton it'll just be so they can sack him down the line the racist b******s.

:lol:

Honestly, the stuff hurts my heart man. It's so painfully disappointing.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #14283 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 02:32:43 pm »
WBA is such a Chris Hughton size club.
?s=21

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #14284 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 03:39:05 pm »
I thought WBA had appointed the Belgian assistant that worked under Martinez at the World Cup?

Online STM

• General Member
« Reply #14285 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 03:42:56 pm »
Feels like a great fit

Tempted to stick money on them winning the championship next year, especially if they can get Gayle.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #14286 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 03:50:52 pm »
I thought WBA had appointed the Belgian assistant that worked under Martinez at the World Cup?

The bloke at the minute is a bit Shan, so it's good to go Hughton.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #14287 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 03:54:38 pm »

He was there as an assistant but now at Luton as manager

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #14288 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 10:17:03 pm »
Nuno Espersito would probably be the best choice for Chelsea considering they have a transfer ban.

1129114147088678914[/tweet]][/url]

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #14289 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 10:29:37 pm »
Nuno Espersito would probably be the best choice for Chelsea considering they have a transfer ban.

1129114147088678914[/tweet]][/url]
still think they'll get the transfer ban delayed by CAS

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #14290 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 10:38:00 pm »
Sacking Sarri is mad like, although I’m sure he’ll be happy to get out if they have the transfer ban anyway. Manager who has a definite style which takes time to perfect, thrown in a few weeks before the season started and they finish third behind two of the best teams ever, lose a league cup final on pens and in a European Final
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #14291 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 10:39:39 pm »
Sacking Sarri is mad like, although I’m sure he’ll be happy to get out if they have the transfer ban anyway. Manager who has a definite style which takes time to perfect, thrown in a few weeks before the season started and they finish third behind two of the best teams ever, lose a league cup final on pens and in a European Final

:thup:

Never mind all the off the pitch s**** he's had to deal with.

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #14292 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 10:46:33 pm »

Guardiola and Klopp took a while to get their ideas across and now their clubs are benefiting from showing patience and backing their managers.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #14293 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 10:50:02 pm »
I think Sarri has some serious limits and flaws to his methods but he certainly deserves a second season.

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #14294 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 10:52:17 pm »
They'll never win the title with Sarri. They want someone with a winner's mentality. Allegri would do well there. Italians do well there.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #14295 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 10:57:27 pm »
So they're selling Hazard, are banned from transfers and about to replace Sarri with a lesser manager who won't want such restrictions?

There's a great chance for Leicester or Wolves to sneak a top 6 spot. Imagine having such ambition :(

Offline Disco

« Reply #14296 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 11:03:30 pm »
Pointless giving it to anyone other than Frank, Jody and JT.

Some scoop by the Gambling Times though.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #14297 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 11:03:55 pm »
They'll never win the title with Sarri. They want someone with a winner's mentality. Allegri would do well there. Italians do well there.

Well they aren't going to win a title till Pep/Klopp are gone anyway. I don't see why Sarri definitely won't win a title there anyway compared to others. People go on about him not winning stuff like he's been managing Inter, Juve and Milan for the last 20 years. He had one chance at Napoli where he was already massively overachieving by budget and he was responsible for basically the only year where Juve were actually put under pressure to win the league

Sarri is also Italian :lol:
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #14298 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 11:06:28 pm »
Thought Klopp didn't have a winner's mentality. Or is it Pochettino? I can't keep up. Suppose we'll find out on June 1st cos they can't both have one.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #14299 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 11:08:51 pm »
Klopp has 2 league titles ffs.  Some s**** gets spoken on this forum (not aimed at you Wullie).