Author Topic: Paul Dummett  (Read 201032 times)

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
Re: Paul Dummett
« Reply #3450 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 10:57:33 am »

That shade :lol:

Offline sh74

• General Member
« Reply #3451 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 11:03:20 am »
We haven't really had much of a choice but to play him.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #3452 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 11:12:08 am »
It must be absolutely s*** being told that by anyone other than the manager who thought the same thing about Javier Mascherano, played Tevez left wing, and had Ryan Taylor starting ahead of Ben Arfa. I'd imagine being told that by a competent manager with a modicum of respect would be damaging for a young player.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #3453 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 11:14:44 am »
Pardew  :lol:
Ashley has killed my club

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3454 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 02:04:49 pm »
If he plays another 100 Premier League games for us then it’s going to be another bleak 3-4 years supporting Newcastle.
?s=21

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #3455 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 02:30:34 pm »
Where does it say that Pardew told him that?

If it was Pardew it shows how little influence he had over transfers or anything. As Dummett was first choice by the time he left iirc.

What a spineless prick.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #3456 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 02:32:47 pm »
It doesn't say it there, but Dummett's mentioned it in an interview previously and that's what he was referring to with the opening line.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #3457 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 02:33:21 pm »

• General Member
« Reply #3458 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 02:38:50 pm »
Ok thanks for the link.

“When I got told I wasn’t good enough, I just said it was up to me to prove him wrong. As soon as I said that, he knew I had the right attitude because he said: ‘That’s the attitude I want to see from my players’.

I don't have the words for this.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #3459 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 02:42:15 pm »
Reminds me of this:

Field was playing well when he arrived, and had just scored against Newcastle, but he shunted the young fan favourite out to left wing at Swansea, his second game in charge, in order to manufacture his removal from the side.

The teenager was hooked at half-time and wasn’t seen again until a trip to champions-in-waiting Manchester City, where he was made a sacrificial lamb.

Before the game, Pardew asked Field over and over again if he was ‘s….ing himself’ in front of the rest of the squad. If this was supposed to be a motivational tool, it was grossly misjudged.

:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #3460 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 02:44:46 pm »
:lol: He's just a bottomless well of dick head anecdotes. He's uncle knob head.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #3461 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 02:47:29 pm »
Can you imagine those f***ing lips right up in your face going "are you shitting yourself'? The f***ing worst thing, surprised he didn't take his head off.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #3462 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 03:02:56 pm »
How anybody in a position of leadership could see that as a motivational tool, is beyond me :lol:

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #3463 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 03:04:42 pm »
"this will motivate him, lets humiliate him in front of his older more experienced peers!"

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3464 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 03:48:32 pm »
Calling Dummett a solid full-back would be like calling Chopra a solid striker.

Just because he was a good finisher didn’t make him a Premier League striker, same way just because Dummett can block a cross or whatever doesn’t make him a Premier League left-back.
?s=21

• General Member
« Reply #3465 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 05:03:44 pm »
How anybody in a position of leadership could see that as a motivational tool, is beyond me :lol:

Aye football has its own quirks. Similar worked for Mourinho for a long time.  But it’s just.... absolutely awful. 

Offline AsprillasShinPad

• General Member
« Reply #3466 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 05:55:46 pm »
Really don't get the hate directed at Dummett. He's a decent player surrounded by 3-4 slightly better players and a lot of utter dross.

There are some much more justifiable targets in the squad for vitriol from the fans at this time.

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #3467 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 07:08:55 pm »
Didn’t realise he was 27. Christ  :lol:

He’s fortunate that we’re owned by a c*** that couldn’t give a f***. Have no particular hatred for the guy, but any side with a modicum of ambition would have him where he should be - warming the bench and ready step in for a game or two in the event of an injury.

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #3468 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 07:11:00 pm »
Let’s be honest, most of us thought he was s*** for a long time.  He’s turned out to be a reliable (but limited) player.  This isn’t anywhere near the biggest stick you could hit Pardew with.
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #3469 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 07:15:42 pm »
We thought it/think it, but I doubt many would tell him to his face or tell him if they were his manager.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline summerof69

• General Member
« Reply #3470 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 07:19:39 pm »
I thought blaming 17 year old Armstrong on his first full start at old trafford was pretty s***

Offline Nattfare

• General Member
« Reply #3471 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 08:20:09 pm »
I thought blaming 17 year old Armstrong on his first full start at old trafford was pretty s***

Outside, man. I'll meet you outside so that we can settle that argument like men.

Offline Benwell Lad

• General Member
« Reply #3472 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 08:26:13 pm »
Wish someone could present stats with Dummett in the team against when he's absent over the last few seasons.
I've got a feeling it would show him to be a pretty decent team defender.

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #3473 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 08:37:58 pm »
We thought it/think it, but I doubt many would tell him to his face or tell him if they were his manager.

This is a fair comment  :lol:
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #3474 on: Monday 31 December 2018, 08:41:41 pm »
He's a nothing player but we're a nothing team.
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.