Author Topic: The unpopular football opinion thread  (Read 63557 times)

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
The unpopular football opinion thread
« on: Tuesday 30 July 2013, 11:38:30 pm »
TDC is happy to get us started here:

Bale's been much better since AVB told him to not bother tracking back. I'm serious btw. I remember Vertoghnen getting raped again and again at City I think. 2 players all the time. Most of the time it worked a treat.

R. Madrid do the same with Cronaldo. They won't work in the same team like.

Offline Cajun

• General Member
Re: The unpopular football opinion thread
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 July 2013, 11:42:29 pm »
Titus Bramble was a very good defender for the majority of his career here.

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 July 2013, 11:43:01 pm »
I like Alan Pardew

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 July 2013, 11:43:03 pm »
I really like Robbie Savage

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 July 2013, 11:44:16 pm »
I agree with him completely, Ronaldo and Bale won't work.

Especially when you consider both of Madrid's fullbacks are ridiculously attacking and very poor defensively.

Having two people starting from a wide position and floating about not contributing anything defensively would be a disaster.

Which is why i don't understand the move it doesn't make any sense from a balance point of view and would f*ck up the system Ancelotti is trying to build.

Offline maybe_next_year

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 30 July 2013, 11:50:39 pm »
Shola was at one point a premier league quality striker and is still capable of playing a role in our squad now. He also dosn't deserve the abuse he gets, as one of the main reasons he is so slow and immobile now is because he played through a serious hip injury for the sake of the club and after all he dosn't pick himself.
"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 30 July 2013, 11:54:24 pm »

Especially when you consider both of Madrid's fullbacks are ridiculously attacking and very poor defensively.

Having two people starting from a wide position and floating about not contributing anything defensively would be a disaster.

Which is why i don't understand the move it doesn't make any sense from a balance point of view and would f*ck up the system Ancelotti is trying to build.
would real madrid consider using ronaldo in a withdrawn no.9 like messi ? (i'm sure ronaldo played through the middle sometimes at man utd)
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

bimpy474

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:01:20 am »
Barcelona are boring as f***.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:02:55 am »

That's actually quite trendy now, despite being completely wrong.

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:04:08 am »

would real madrid consider using ronaldo in a withdrawn no.9 like messi ? (i'm sure ronaldo played through the middle sometimes at man utd)

Perhaps but i'm not sure it suits him all that well, Ronaldo needs a lot more space to thrive in than Messi does and on top of that it would restrict the likes of Ozil as he would be taking up the space he would usually vacate.

Good luck to Ancelotti if they get Bale anyway, to me that is just one massive tactical clusterfuck.

bimpy474

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:04:12 am »

That's actually quite trendy now, despite being completely wrong.

I must have a word with my eyes and brain, for they are telling me lies. That and i haven't missed a game of theirs for nearly 4 years (well every one shown on the TV).

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Que será, será
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:04:54 am »
Yeah I'd better not.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:07:11 am »
Gary Neville isn't very good.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

bimpy474

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:07:32 am »
The unpopular football opinion thread ?

I'll give this another go.

Ian W is a very knowledgeable poster and not in the least a sp**.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:08:58 am »
I rated Drogba's diving.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:11:37 am »
Iniesta is OK.
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:12:19 am »
Theres far too much football on tv.

Offline nemtizz

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:12:24 am »
I enjoy our corners.

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:13:02 am »

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:18:35 am »
I like International football, even the friendlies.
That's what I do, I drink and I know things.

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:26:32 am »
I wish we'd stop just signing french players

Offline themanupstairs

• General Member
  • nee blasties
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:27:21 am »
Fabregas is extremely overrated. Immense talent, but has no real desire. Bottler of the highest order.

Fear is the mindkiller

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:29:58 am »
Fabregas is extremely overrated. Immense talent, but has no real desire. Bottler of the highest order.

absolutely fantastic when at arsenal, moved up and didn't make it. be very intersting if he has any desire when,if he moves on.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:30:47 am »
Zabaleta is probably one of the top few right backs in the world IMO, he's a terrific player.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 31 July 2013, 12:31:36 am »
Zabaleta is probably one of the top few right backs in the world IMO, he's a terrific player.
statement of fact rather than unpopular opinion.