Author Topic: Parenting stuff  (Read 95344 times)

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
Re: Parenting stuff
« Reply #2225 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 02:51:28 AM »
Is she breastfeeding exclusively for the nutritional value or for bonding?  If it's more about the goodness of the milk then a breast pump might help.  Store some and you could help out feeding.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #2226 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 07:38:25 AM »
I'm finding it difficult as the wife wants to exclusively breastfeed. The minute he's taken off the boob he cries. Just feel a bit helpless. She is absolutely shattered and I can't really do anything to soothe him. Just have to give him back and try and support her and make sure she doesn't fall asleep.

Possibly shooting myself in the foot but I always expected the newborn phase to be the most difficult for me and I think that's how it'll end up. :lol: Today was easier than yesterday though!

Had two weeks of that. The wife ended up having a bit of a mini-breakdown so we moved to bottle feeding. Absolutely changed our lives.

Not saying it’s right for you, or everyone. We got a perfect-prep machine which meant making up the bottles was a doddle. Then took turns feeding/changing etc so we both started sleeping again.

Sleep deprivation is the number one hardest thing to cope with as a new parent. Amazing how getting good sleep helps you focus again.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #2227 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 01:56:30 PM »
I'm finding it difficult as the wife wants to exclusively breastfeed. The minute he's taken off the boob he cries. Just feel a bit helpless. She is absolutely shattered and I can't really do anything to soothe him. Just have to give him back and try and support her and make sure she doesn't fall asleep.

Possibly shooting myself in the foot but I always expected the newborn phase to be the most difficult for me and I think that's how it'll end up. :lol: Today was easier than yesterday though!

Had two weeks of that. The wife ended up having a bit of a mini-breakdown so we moved to bottle feeding. Absolutely changed our lives.

Not saying it’s right for you, or everyone. We got a perfect-prep machine which meant making up the bottles was a doddle. Then took turns feeding/changing etc so we both started sleeping again.

Sleep deprivation is the number one hardest thing to cope with as a new parent. Amazing how getting good sleep helps you focus again.

Bottles made a huge difference. It was always our intention to combo feed, just not until after the first 6 weeks. We were gifted a Perfect Prep machine by her brother so had it ready. Started feeding him as much of a bottle as he will take after having a breastfeed and he's started going down to sleep now without having to be held. Hallelujah! It's only an hour or two at a time but it's still bliss. :lol:

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #2228 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 01:57:13 PM »
Is she breastfeeding exclusively for the nutritional value or for bonding?  If it's more about the goodness of the milk then a breast pump might help.  Store some and you could help out feeding.

Both. We were also gifted a pump by her sister but she's not getting enough to use it just yet. That'll be the plan eventually though