Author Topic: Hip hop fans  (Read 50074 times)

Online r0cafella

• General Member
Re: Hip hop fans
« Reply #1025 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 07:26:48 AM »
Let me know what you think when you’ve given it a couple of listens.
United we stand, divided we fall.

« Reply #1026 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 11:02:54 PM »
Okay, now I'm totally down with Darkness. That's insane.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

« Reply #1027 on: Saturday 25 January 2020, 01:09:08 AM »
OK, so Music to be Murdered By is weak. Kamikaze was much better. I think the issue is he could probably lose up to 50% of the lyrics he's put in there at times, because it just doesn't flow. Any 'Eminem anger' is lost in the confusion. Production wise it's soft, which doesn't suit him. In Too Deep, Those Kinda Nights, Marsh, Never Love Again, all sound like Monster featuring f***ing Rhianna, ffs... Just pish. Maybe skilled, but still weak af. The whole thing is quite forgettable imo. Unaccommodating is okay. Godzilla too. Only standouts are You Gon Learn and Darkness.
Compare those to The Ringer (which I'd probably put in the top 10 Eminem songs), Greatest, Lucky You, Normal (which is again brilliant), Not Alike, Fall and even Venom, off Kamikaze, MtbMB is well behind, imo. Wish he'd just released Darkness as a stand alone single and held out on releasing another album.
Chalk this one down to enthusiasm, I hope.

EDIT: Can add Good Guy to that list off Kamikaze, too.
« Last Edit: Saturday 25 January 2020, 01:36:18 AM by Super Duper Branko Strupar »

« Reply #1028 on: Saturday 25 January 2020, 01:49:00 AM »
I was hoping for more of this...

« Reply #1029 on: Sunday 26 January 2020, 02:39:49 AM »
OK, so I know I'm going on. I've only really listened to this song with the accompanying video, but I wanted to just listen to it without the video guiding me, and it shows so much more. Without the guided meaning you hear so much. The curtain coming up sound from Eminem Show, man. The tonality. The similarity to The Sound of Silence in the piano, with the obvious refrain. The key change in the piano when it crescendos with the act he's portraying. Its pretty hard hitting. I love this kind of poetry, man.

The thing I love about it most, is the "This could be anyone. This could be you. This could be me" narrative. It's such a strong argument. Even though it's so obvious. I love how much of a mirror this guy can be.

« Reply #1030 on: Thursday 30 January 2020, 11:56:06 AM »
Let me know what you think when you’ve given it a couple of listens.

Hard to listen to. Its censored on Spotify.

:anguish:

Online r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #1031 on: Friday 31 January 2020, 06:04:50 AM »
United we stand, divided we fall.

« Reply #1032 on: Saturday 1 February 2020, 12:17:16 AM »
Still not convinced by the vast majority of it. Though 'You Gon Learn' is f***ing outstanding. Both him and Royce kill it.

He says "kick" on the snare and "snare" on the kick, man. :lol: f***s sake. Outrageous levels of detail.

"Doc you meant shredder"

This is one of the best verses he's ever done, I can't stop listening to it.
« Last Edit: Saturday 1 February 2020, 12:42:01 AM by Super Duper Branko Strupar »

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #1033 on: Saturday 1 February 2020, 12:37:44 AM »
Just had a once through and Darkness is the best song by a bit IMO albeit it’s probably more him than any of the other big hitters. Slow, personal, straight with a belter of a backing track. Fade to perfect.

Little Engine is suitable retrofest n all.
« Last Edit: Saturday 1 February 2020, 12:52:11 AM by Disco »