Author Topic: Sky, Virgin or BT?  (Read 33641 times)

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
Re: Sky, Virgin or BT?
« Reply #600 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 07:23:23 PM »
Anyone use iptv on a smart TV? If so which is the best to use and how do you add channels or play lists.

Yeah. SmartIPTV can be installed on LGs and Samsungs. Works free for a few weeks then it's about a fiver for life through the TV's app store. You have to pay to subscribe to channels, which are easy enough to load on.

However last season, ISPs began blocking a lot of services for 3pm Saturday games. Easy way round it though - use a Fire Stick. You can install VPN apps on there too (I subscribe to Nord VPN). Open that, set your location to somewhere like Slovakia and you're in.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
« Reply #601 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 03:27:59 PM »
Can you do it with f***ing Virgin?  I've been trying for years, but they keep telling me it'll "cost the same without it", so I just f***ing put up with this stupid little landline that never gets f***ing used.  £19 a month, and it's NEVER been used. :lol:

I cancelled both my tlephone line and my TV service through VM.
Now just have broadband and watch my TV through a streaming box.
It went from over £70 a month down to £32 with no loss of anything - apart from ITV.
Do it, man.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #602 on: Tuesday 6 August 2019, 10:24:40 AM »
Can't believe how awkward and dated the Virgin TV interface is compared to Sky's.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
« Reply #603 on: Friday 9 August 2019, 08:25:49 AM »
Can you do it with f***ing Virgin?  I've been trying for years, but they keep telling me it'll "cost the same without it", so I just f***ing put up with this stupid little landline that never gets f***ing used.  £19 a month, and it's NEVER been used. :lol:

I cancelled both my tlephone line and my TV service through VM.
Now just have broadband and watch my TV through a streaming box.
It went from over £70 a month down to £32 with no loss of anything - apart from ITV.
Do it, man.

That was a year and a bit ago. It's already gone up by £9 a month.
I f***ing hate Virgin... Trains, Media, Medical. In fact, everything to do with that bearded, tax-dodging, hippy c***.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #604 on: Wednesday 21 August 2019, 03:52:22 PM »
How do I go about switching broadband providers then?

Coming to the end of my current contract (two weeks left), is it just a case of signing up with someone else and they take care of the rest?

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #605 on: Wednesday 21 August 2019, 04:27:56 PM »
How do I go about switching broadband providers then?

Coming to the end of my current contract (two weeks left), is it just a case of signing up with someone else and they take care of the rest?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband/

https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/?_ga=2.85529553.931054435.1566401185-19101426.1521816229
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #606 on: Wednesday 21 August 2019, 04:38:54 PM »
Just changed there :thup:

NOWTV were about to bump my contract (it was a special offer) up from £20 to £35, seemingly without informing me. Surely they need to give customers notice that they're contract is about to end and what happens next.

Offline Fatwax

• General Member
  • NSFW
« Reply #607 on: Wednesday 21 August 2019, 06:37:31 PM »
My Virgin fibre is going up by another £5 a month, getting silly now. Seems to happen every couple of months.

Old hat: call up, threaten to leave, they give you a discount.

Always like to be able to genuinely leave though, not sure there are any alternatives for fibre without a phoneline.

It's only a threat though :lol: If the threat fails you stay, they're hardly prideful about it. You're only trying to achieve a discount, not produce competition :laugh:

Good to have some fake quotes to hand though (they can also be fabricated, within reason).

I tried to do this today... I ended up leaving :lol:

Ridiculous. She kept saying there was nothing else she could do. I’ve since found out that other people on my estate are on much less than us. Going to ring up tomorrow to have a pop just out of principle now.
A light has gone out.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #608 on: Wednesday 21 August 2019, 06:55:15 PM »
I received an email from NOWTV within 10 mins of switching, saying to get in touch because seeing as I'm such a loyal customer (been with them with a year) they could offer me a better deal.

Funny how they can't offer it until you decide to leave though. It was the same with EE. As soon as I switched they were ringing me saying they could offer me a better deal. So why were they increasing my contract every year...

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #609 on: Wednesday 21 August 2019, 07:02:46 PM »
Because the vast amount of people just continue with their contracts etc.  Their are new rules around mobile phone contracts regarding when they finish and needing to contact the customer.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #610 on: Tuesday 22 October 2019, 05:19:34 PM »
Just phoned up and moaned about how much I was paying for my Virgin package and they immediately knocked 20 quid a month off. Should have done that ages ago!

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #611 on: Tuesday 22 October 2019, 11:05:18 PM »
Just phoned up and moaned about how much I was paying for my Virgin package and they immediately knocked 20 quid a month off. Should have done that ages ago!
How do you moan about it ? Did you say youd leave ?. I'm with Virgin and could do with chopping my bill down a bit.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #612 on: Wednesday 23 October 2019, 10:42:22 AM »
Yeah, one of the options is "If you're thinking of leaving us".
Went and looked how much it would be if I signed up to the same package on Virgin today, also went and looked at how much similar would be on Sky and Plusnet. Said I thought I was paying too much, that I'm only on basic TV channels, I don't use the phone line, happy with the broadband but seems like I could grt a better deal by switching. He said he'd change my land-line to the most no-frills one they had (f*** knows what I was on before then, cos its only used for receiving cold calls from people from "Microsoft Windows") and knocked 20 quid off. Seemed to know what the deal was immediately when I started quoting other prices like "Yes, I understand you want to renegotiate your deal." Sounded like it was a pretty routine call for them. A mate said if you really want to go for it, actually call Sky and get a install date so they know you're serious but I didn't have to really kick off or anything at all, just said I thought I was paying too much. Makes me wonder why they kept telling me they had to raise my bill by three quid every 6 months or so just to wipe all that increase off with one phonecall. Was paying 70 a month, now at 50.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #613 on: Wednesday 23 October 2019, 03:59:58 PM »
Virgin Media are renowned for getting people in on a good deal and then frequently hiking the price. I suppose people are less inclined to leave Virgin as it's cable and Virgin will be very aware of that.

MoneySavingExpert guide on haggling with Virgin Media: -
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/haggle-with-virgin-existing-customer-tips/

MoneySavingExpert guide on haggling with Sky: -
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/haggle-with-sky-existing-customer-tips/

MoneySavingExpert guide on haggling with broadband providers: -
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/haggle-your-broadband-existing-customer-tips/
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #614 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 04:13:18 PM »
Can I get Netflix for free with my Sky subscription ?
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #615 on: Wednesday 6 November 2019, 09:34:30 AM »
Can I get Netflix for free with my Sky subscription ?

I've just signed up for Sky and it's included.

I was with EE paying £38 a month for line rental, fibre 2 and the TV. Still 6 months left on the contract but the TV was pretty s***. Convinced myself at the beginning I didn't really want or need TV but when I did use it the service was poor enough.

Sky offered a deal of £45 a month for line rental, the same level of fibre and the whole entertainment package on Sky Q including Netflix. They also offered to pay me out of my EE contract as well which had cessation charges of about £95.

Since we pay £9 a month on Netflix anyway we'll be saving £2 a month while keeping the same internet but getting a vastly superior TV experience. No brainer.

Sky Sports is £23 to add. Seriously considering it too. :lol: