Author Topic: Sky, Virgin or BT?  (Read 34277 times)

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
Re: Sky, Virgin or BT?
« Reply #550 on: Wednesday 6 September 2017, 01:17:43 PM »
Are people that bothered about sky like? Find it surprising. Moving abroad sorted me right out in that way, just watch what I want when I want. No interest at all in TV channels.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #551 on: Wednesday 6 September 2017, 01:35:38 PM »
Maybe a cheap android tablet with the ability to project to a tv through wifi if he hasn't.
He's got a Playstation 4 which apparently has the Sky go app, so I'll set that up for him.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #552 on: Wednesday 6 September 2017, 01:38:51 PM »
Are people that bothered about sky like? Find it surprising. Moving abroad sorted me right out in that way, just watch what I want when I want. No interest at all in TV channels.
With Netflix I am watching less and less live TV, however I finish work late so often end up watching TV late at night. Most of what live TV I watch is football, and engineering, war and some times forensics documentaries.

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #553 on: Thursday 25 January 2018, 02:10:42 PM »
So I'm thinking of switching to Virgin V6 box with Vivid 300 broadband.

Anyone got it and can give me an honest review?

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #554 on: Thursday 25 January 2018, 02:42:51 PM »
So I'm thinking of switching to Virgin V6 box with Vivid 300 broadband.

Anyone got it and can give me an honest review?

I find it very much depends on your area for Virgin.

Had 0 problems, dropouts or speed issues in the entire time I was in Heaton but my mates in Gosforth had constant dropouts while they lived there.

firetotheworks

« Reply #555 on: Thursday 25 January 2018, 02:50:50 PM »
It's generally reliable (never had any problems in Heaton, Palmersville, Town, Gosforth and have had one drop out in Whitley Bay) and they'll give you decent deals if you quote Sky offers towards the end of your contract.

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #556 on: Thursday 25 January 2018, 04:48:05 PM »
I could never advise anyone to join Virgin. Legitimately the worst company and service I’ve ever had to deal with. My hatred is Pardew/Ashley levels for them :lol:

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #557 on: Monday 5 February 2018, 10:36:27 AM »
here's a question - if i pay for 100mbps at home and get 30mbps most of the time (as an example), if i downgraded the package to pay for 50mpbs package would i still be up at 30mbps or thereabouts or would that package more than likely get worse?

not sure if that makes sense or not :lol:

Sleep now in the fire

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #558 on: Monday 5 February 2018, 10:41:53 AM »
here's a question - if i pay for 100mbps at home and get 30mbps most of the time (as an example), if i downgraded the package to pay for 50mpbs package would i still be up at 30mbps or thereabouts or would that package more than likely get worse?

Should be fine, they very soon have to give an exact speed to what it should to your premises.  Do you speed test over Wifi?  If yes, then try it via Ethernet as might be wifi interference.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #559 on: Monday 5 February 2018, 10:44:23 AM »

Should be fine, they very soon have to give an exact speed to what it should to your premises.  Do you speed test over Wifi?  If yes, then try it via Ethernet as might be wifi interference.

i mean i'm ok with the speeds we get, i'm just thinking of changing the package to get some TV but don't want to increase the price so could drop it down to a 50mbps deal or something...don't want a noticeable drop in speeds mind

Sleep now in the fire

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #560 on: Monday 5 February 2018, 10:52:45 AM »

i mean i'm ok with the speeds we get, i'm just thinking of changing the package to get some TV but don't want to increase the price so could drop it down to a 50mbps deal or something...don't want a noticeable drop in speeds mind

Think you'll be fine mate.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #561 on: Monday 5 February 2018, 10:54:03 AM »

Think you'll be fine mate.

:thup:

Sleep now in the fire

Offline sempuki

• General Member
  • All is lost.
« Reply #562 on: Sunday 11 February 2018, 08:41:13 PM »

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #563 on: Thursday 21 June 2018, 07:51:56 AM »
virgin offered me the same deal as i'm currently on but plus TV with BT sports in HD for another fiver a month yesterday, went for it as i'm sick of trying to stream matches

Sleep now in the fire

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #564 on: Thursday 21 June 2018, 08:06:25 AM »
Is BT still £20 a month through sky ?
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #565 on: Friday 22 June 2018, 12:36:47 PM »
Finally bit the bullet and had Sky Q installed yesterday. There was an offer on for 2TB box for £65 install fee + free minibox (saving £50) + £12/month multiroom sub.

All installed yesterday, and with a shiny new dish as mine was too old, apparently.

Had a play around with it last night, and its pretty good. Don't mind the new interface too much, and good that you can have up to 99 favourites now, and re-order the list. The minibox also works well on the bedroom TV, accessing the main box for recordings over wifi. Also, didn't realise the Sky Go extra is now included in the multiscreen sub, so our so can use that to watch it on his Xbox One in his room. I had been contemplating an extra minibox for his room, too.

Pity the boxes are no longer ours, but at least Sky will cover any repairs, instead of needing the extra cover.
Claim to fame.... Han Solo stole my uniform.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #566 on: Friday 22 June 2018, 05:18:59 PM »
Mines a bit noisy and I don't like the way you turn it on and it goes straight to the home screen instead of a channel, also if you turn the TV guide on it always starts from 101 and not your current station
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline pedro111

• General Member
« Reply #567 on: Sunday 24 June 2018, 07:28:22 PM »
I've never had Sky before but want to get it in for the new season. I want all the Sports channels, BT aswell. Seems like the cheapest way for me to do this as we can't get virgin is to take out bt fibre with BT sports. Then take out Sky with Sky Sports. All in will be about £85 yikes.

Multiroom seems such a rip off is there anyway round this? Like the sky go app on a laptop plugged into TV? Can you do this?

Any help would be great thanks.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #568 on: Sunday 24 June 2018, 07:43:24 PM »
Best 1 month Sim Only provider?  Ditched Vodafone because performance in Newcastle City Centre is shambolic.

Offline Sifu

• General Member
  • Too many smileys.
« Reply #569 on: Sunday 24 June 2018, 07:52:14 PM »
Best 1 month Sim Only provider?  Ditched Vodafone because performance in Newcastle City Centre is shambolic.

iD Mobile could be a shout - uses 3's network and pretty cheap.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/sim-only-deals

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #570 on: Sunday 24 June 2018, 08:49:18 PM »

You need to consult the hottest deal of all time :lol:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/the-hotukdeals-sim-only-deals-thread-all-of-the-cheapest-sim-only-deals-and-free-sim-offers-2481975

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #571 on: Friday 29 June 2018, 05:23:02 PM »
Decided to switch away from Virgin Media for TV, Phone and Broadband as they've gone from the best in my area to utter dross in the space of four years. With poor customer service to boot.

Any ideas on the best (read: cheapest) way to switch to Sky or BT?

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #572 on: Friday 29 June 2018, 05:56:24 PM »
Decided to switch away from Virgin Media for TV, Phone and Broadband as they've gone from the best in my area to utter dross in the space of four years. With poor customer service to boot.

Do you have a BT landline installed or not?

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #573 on: Friday 29 June 2018, 05:58:26 PM »
We are having similar issues with virgin.  Speed of broadband is great, but router and service are becoming totally unreliable.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #574 on: Friday 29 June 2018, 06:06:57 PM »

Do you have a BT landline installed or not?

Yeah