Author Topic: Sky, Virgin or BT?  (Read 39205 times)

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
Re: Sky, Virgin or BT?
« Reply #500 on: Wednesday 2 August 2017, 03:32:36 AM »
I've got Virgin a 200mb connection with the superhub running in modem mode directly linked to my PS4 and I'm getting speeds that vary drastically and it's totally unplayable. 0.5mb download at times ffs :lol:

This has been going on for like 6 months now and they are absolutely awful to deal with. Really want to switch providers but Sky and BT have quoted speeds of 8-18mb if I go with them :anguish:

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #501 on: Wednesday 2 August 2017, 03:42:33 AM »
Switched from Talk Talk to BT Infinity last week and the difference is ridiculous. £15 cheaper a month, a far superior router and my speeds have more than doubled. Plus I have the whole BT Wifi thing to use wifi out and about for no extra charge. Talk Talk really are the absolute worst, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Constant price hikes and dreadful internet.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

chopey

« Reply #502 on: Thursday 3 August 2017, 08:12:20 PM »
Has anyone joined sky VIP they put me in platinum but I reckon I'm black

Offline ToonTastic

• Administrator
  • General Member
« Reply #503 on: Tuesday 8 August 2017, 01:37:16 PM »

Yes, only gold apparently, but I got free sky extra plus and a free buy to keep movie. Currently trying to negotiate my sky package down though. 

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #504 on: Tuesday 8 August 2017, 01:49:45 PM »
I am platinum yes, and they still expect me to pay an extra £6 on top of the £18pm to just get the premier league channel in HD, the absolute total bunch of useless, money grabbing, twatting, arsehole c***s that they are.

Offline ToonTastic

• Administrator
  • General Member
« Reply #505 on: Tuesday 8 August 2017, 04:00:38 PM »
I am platinum yes, and they still expect me to pay an extra £6 on top of the £18pm to just get the premier league channel in HD, the absolute total bunch of useless, money grabbing, twatting, arsehole c***s that they are.

Yeah they want me to pay £10 for an "admin fee" to entitle me to keep offers for 18 months. This despite then wanting to lock me into a new 18 month contract and the fact the offer is more than the price of a new customer  :rolleyes:

Online Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #506 on: Tuesday 8 August 2017, 04:05:06 PM »
Don't sign up.

Offline ToonTastic

• Administrator
  • General Member
« Reply #507 on: Tuesday 8 August 2017, 05:36:59 PM »
To that "deal" or to VIP?

chopey

« Reply #508 on: Thursday 10 August 2017, 11:21:05 AM »
Loving this new Sky Sports format, Sky Sports News is currently on 3 of the 8 Sky Sports channels........!!!

Offline Geordie Ahmed

• General Member
« Reply #509 on: Thursday 10 August 2017, 10:23:27 PM »
Black is for customers that have been with Sky 15 years plus.

If there was a break in service at any point that would have broken the tenure.

chopey

« Reply #510 on: Thursday 10 August 2017, 10:31:29 PM »
Black is for customers that have been with Sky 15 years plus.

If there was a break in service at any point that would have broken the tenure.

Yip I moved house and I got told at the time to cancel for a month and then start back up at a new address for a better new customer deal I explained this to them and they said no, so I'm back to 11 years.

Online Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #511 on: Friday 11 August 2017, 10:03:56 AM »
I'm gold on this Sky VIP thing, seems you get the square root of f*** all.  Cheers Sky, knew you loved me.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #512 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 09:28:34 AM »
Another f***ing Virgin Media price rise. I think that's 3 inside 12 months.

firetotheworks

« Reply #513 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 09:33:27 AM »
Virgin are massively f***ing up like. Considering the deals that Sky and BT have, I'll be leaving.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #514 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 09:36:22 AM »
Virgin are massively f***ing up like. Considering the deals that Sky and BT have, I'll be leaving.

Yeah? Generally only really use the internet out of the three primary services so tend to get the cut down versions of the other two (phone and TV). Still worth switching you reckon?

Not sure I could morally give money to Sky, mind :lol:

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #515 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 09:40:19 AM »
when virgin have tried to increase the price i call them and kick off then they just apply some bullshit offer to the account and it stays where it was
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

firetotheworks

« Reply #516 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:04:09 AM »

Yeah? Generally only really use the internet out of the three primary services so tend to get the cut down versions of the other two (phone and TV). Still worth switching you reckon?

Not sure I could morally give money to Sky, mind [emoji38]
The package I have is basic TV, 50meg broadband and a phone line I don't use. That's about £45 a month.

Sky are offering basic TV with full sports and movies add ons, fibre optic broadband and phone line for around £40.

It's not the standard deal and apparently you have to try a few times, but eventually they'll do it for you.

Agree about the moral justification for it, like. I'd really rather not.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #517 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:07:30 AM »
It's all about getting the right person. Sky and BT have this measurement called RPAU which is essentially the amount you save or lose against a customer's current package. If you get someone who's looking to hit all their targets they'll not give you the very best package. If you call through and find someone who sounds like they hate life then you're in business.

Source: worked in BT and ended up hating life. Gave all customers the very best they had to offer.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #518 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:07:45 AM »
I'd check what speed you would get.  My mate gets 5mb download speed with Sky Broadband which is a absolute disgrace in 2017.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #519 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:12:42 AM »
:thup: Cheers all.

Got a mate who works for Sky (not sales or customer services though) who always says she can get me a deal. Maybe she can put me through to a sound RPAU person.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #520 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:13:18 AM »
BT broadband blows Sky's out of the water. If it's Internet you care about never leave BT for Sky.

It's the opposite for TV packages. BTTV needs an aerial for the free view channels and then needs an ethernet cable or broadband extenders for the rest. Even then it's still nowhere near as good as Sky.

firetotheworks

« Reply #521 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:17:12 AM »
I dunno if things have changed but there used to be no reason why broadband through a BT line should be any different through any other ISP using the line. BT Wholesale were the provider for all ISPs, including BT Retail. I left BT in 2005 like [emoji38], things have probably changed a canny bit since then.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #522 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:21:39 AM »
BT's the worst company I've dealt with so would rather give Murdoch my money than them or EE.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #523 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:22:58 AM »
I dunno if things have changed but there used to be no reason why broadband through a BT line should be any different through any other ISP using the line. BT Wholesale were the provider for all ISPs, including BT Retail. I left BT in 2005 like [emoji38], things have probably changed a canny bit since then.

Well, this is why Openreach is being broken from BT as Sky etc found out that BT still got preferential treatment.

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #524 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:57:25 AM »
TalkTalk been fine for me. Moved house, they done the installation for free and gave me a new router too.
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.