Author Topic: Sky, Virgin or BT?  (Read 39211 times)

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
Re: Sky, Virgin or BT?
« Reply #300 on: Saturday 14 May 2016, 05:17:19 PM »
I was on 3 years and years ago and despite having shocking customer service the reception and internet speed was incredible. I had an issue with the bill with them though and it was the worst experience I've ever had with a company to date.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #301 on: Friday 20 May 2016, 04:06:06 PM »
All the good retention deals with BT are going to be 24 month contracts from now on. Bold strategy. I hate it. Everyone go to Sky when your contract ends unless you're happy with a 24 month contract.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #302 on: Saturday 21 May 2016, 11:47:10 AM »
Virgin have blocked imgur again  :angry:

Offline Mick

• General Member
« Reply #303 on: Saturday 21 May 2016, 03:04:40 PM »

Why?
"Hello, Bobby," he once greeted his England captain, Bryan Robson.

"I'm Bryan," the skipper replied. "You're Bobby."

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #304 on: Saturday 21 May 2016, 03:51:41 PM »
p*ss the s*** off.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #305 on: Saturday 21 May 2016, 03:59:54 PM »
p*ss the s*** off.

Just use the toilet brush man, Neesy.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Mick

• General Member
« Reply #306 on: Sunday 26 June 2016, 07:09:06 PM »

Not sure why you'd go through all that trouble if you're aware I work there. :lol: I can deal with billing and if it was a mistake on our end I could have the whole thing sorted and credited back to you in five mins.

Never heard of a simple issue like that one taking any longer than 10 mins unless the customer has made an error like but not saying that is the case now. If an account is cancelled then the billing automatically terminates after the final bill. It's all computerised so it's not human error either.

Again though, if anyone has any issues like this I'm more than happy to help. Been on here 6 years now so I think I'm safe to trust. :lol:

They have a record that I informed them of my wish to cancel and a record of my new service provider telling them that they were taking over my number and they couldn't understand what happened.  They said I was still receiving services even though I was actually watching BT TV the day that it went off and I was on here when the broadband was switched off a few minutes later.

I know you shouldn't quote yourself but here goes:

This s*** is still going on so I contacted Customer Services again and received the same shitty promises that I received last time.  I was told that I would receive a cheque for the money they owe me within 14 days which is useless as I never get time to go to my bank so I filpped.

I've researched the BT directors and found a few e-mail addresses and have contacted all of them up to the CEO and within minutes I have had assurances from the Managing Director that this will all be sorted out tomorrow, hopefully a result.

Offline sempuki

• General Member
  • All is lost.
« Reply #307 on: Sunday 26 June 2016, 07:12:05 PM »
Stopped BT Sport as they don't do the Championship.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #308 on: Sunday 26 June 2016, 11:49:55 PM »

Not sure why you'd go through all that trouble if you're aware I work there. :lol: I can deal with billing and if it was a mistake on our end I could have the whole thing sorted and credited back to you in five mins.

Never heard of a simple issue like that one taking any longer than 10 mins unless the customer has made an error like but not saying that is the case now. If an account is cancelled then the billing automatically terminates after the final bill. It's all computerised so it's not human error either.

Again though, if anyone has any issues like this I'm more than happy to help. Been on here 6 years now so I think I'm safe to trust. :lol:

They have a record that I informed them of my wish to cancel and a record of my new service provider telling them that they were taking over my number and they couldn't understand what happened.  They said I was still receiving services even though I was actually watching BT TV the day that it went off and I was on here when the broadband was switched off a few minutes later.

I know you shouldn't quote yourself but here goes:

This s*** is still going on so I contacted Customer Services again and received the same shitty promises that I received last time.  I was told that I would receive a cheque for the money they owe me within 14 days which is useless as I never get time to go to my bank so I filpped.

I've researched the BT directors and found a few e-mail addresses and have contacted all of them up to the CEO and within minutes I have had assurances from the Managing Director that this will all be sorted out tomorrow, hopefully a result.

Yeah they're not managing directors they're just regular complaints agents. ELC department, which I've worked in. :lol: you'd be surprised though how quick people listen when you tell them you're higher than you actually are mind.

Again, had you trusted me I would have had this sorted within 24 hours same way I sorted everyone else on here who messaged. :lol:

Leaving BT shortly as got offered a better job closer to home. No travelling involved. If anyone needs s*** done they have about 2 days to let me know.

Also, don't be tempted by the Smart Hub. It's no better than the home hub 5. BT are using it as a selling point to upgrade to full price infinity 2.

Offline Mick

• General Member
« Reply #309 on: Monday 27 June 2016, 12:15:58 AM »

Yeah they're not managing directors they're just regular complaints agents. ELC department, which I've worked in. :lol: you'd be surprised though how quick people listen when you tell them you're higher than you actually are mind.

Again, had you trusted me I would have had this sorted within 24 hours same way I sorted everyone else on here who messaged. :lol:

Leaving BT shortly as got offered a better job closer to home. No travelling involved. If anyone needs s*** done they have about 2 days to let me know.

Also, don't be tempted by the Smart Hub. It's no better than the home hub 5. BT are using it as a selling point to upgrade to full price infinity 2.

Libby Barr claims to be a Managing Director and Gavin Patterson is supposed to be the Chief Executive according to their e-mail signatures .  I guess that I shouldn't be surprised if they are lying.  :lol:

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #310 on: Monday 27 June 2016, 12:37:43 AM »

Libby Barr claims to be a Managing Director and Gavin Patterson is supposed to be the Chief Executive according to their e-mail signatures .  I guess that I shouldn't be surprised if they are lying.  :lol:

Look at most if not all emails sent out by BT. They're signed Libby Barr. ELC will deal with it like. So no worries anyway.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #311 on: Monday 27 June 2016, 12:57:24 AM »
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Mick

• General Member
« Reply #312 on: Monday 27 June 2016, 01:04:47 AM »

Look at most if not all emails sent out by BT. They're signed Libby Barr. ELC will deal with it like. So no worries anyway.

They weren't the standard BT e-mails, they looked nothing like them. They had none of the corporate s**** and we're just normal e-mails and were not automated replies as they had answers to my specific comments.

They weren't from the Executive Level Complaints, they came later and were from somebody else who mentioned why they were now contacting me and who had put  them on to me, not that it matters because it will be sorted tomorrow.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #313 on: Monday 27 June 2016, 01:28:01 AM »

They weren't the standard BT e-mails, they looked nothing like them. They had none of the corporate s**** and we're just normal e-mails and were not automated replies as they had answers to my specific comments.

They weren't from the Executive Level Complaints, they came later and were from somebody else who mentioned why they were now contacting me and who had put  them on to me, not that it matters because it will be sorted tomorrow.

I'm not saying they were standard BT emails I was just using the example as they sign them all from Libby Barr even though they're automated. :lol:

I know the system like. You're talking with someone in ELC or in regular complaints but when someone tries to email the higher ups they're passed to ELC rather than the normal complaints team. :lol: It's Ombudsman after an ELC deadlock letter. It doesn't go higher. But yes, it will be sorted tomorrow hopefully. ELC agents normally close about 10-15 a day.

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #314 on: Tuesday 28 June 2016, 04:30:30 PM »
Has anyone tried Sky Q as yet or heard any first hand reviews of it?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday 28 June 2016, 04:34:09 PM »

I'm not saying they were standard BT emails I was just using the example as they sign them all from Libby Barr even though they're automated. :lol:

I know the system like. You're talking with someone in ELC or in regular complaints but when someone tries to email the higher ups they're passed to ELC rather than the normal complaints team. :lol: It's Ombudsman after an ELC deadlock letter. It doesn't go higher. But yes, it will be sorted tomorrow hopefully. ELC agents normally close about 10-15 a day.

If I know Mick, as I do, believe me, he emailed the CEO. :lol:
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday 28 June 2016, 05:59:11 PM »

:lol: I'm not doubting that, I'm just saying you can't actually talk to them. It's filtered to people like me. If you try and email Libby or Gavin it's passed to ELC.

Offline Mick

• General Member
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday 28 June 2016, 08:06:57 PM »

I have and it's sorted, the money was back in my account yesterday.

firetotheworks

« Reply #318 on: Tuesday 28 June 2016, 10:07:06 PM »
I'm with Virgin, so if anyone's thinking about going with them let me know via PM and I'll refer you and get £50 off both of our bills.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #319 on: Tuesday 28 June 2016, 11:00:18 PM »

I have and it's sorted, the money was back in my account yesterday.

Told you ELC are good.  :whistle:

Offline Mick

• General Member
« Reply #320 on: Wednesday 29 June 2016, 12:39:25 AM »

I know, you said it would take 10 to 15 days to close, it was done the next day,

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #321 on: Wednesday 29 June 2016, 12:51:33 AM »

I know, you said it would take 10 to 15 days to close, it was done the next day,

No. I said they close 10-15 cases per day. :lol:

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #322 on: Wednesday 29 June 2016, 12:53:35 AM »

:whistle: :whistle:

I know my job. :lol:

Offline Mick

• General Member
« Reply #323 on: Wednesday 29 June 2016, 12:59:14 AM »

No. I said they close 10-15 cases per day. :lol:

Ah OK.  :thup:

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #324 on: Wednesday 29 June 2016, 01:04:46 AM »
Glad you sorted anyway. For a refund issue it should never have been as long as it was.