Author Topic: Sky, Virgin or BT?  (Read 34295 times)

Offline cp40

• General Member
Re: Sky, Virgin or BT?
« Reply #250 on: Thursday 14 April 2016, 06:56:23 PM »
Prices going up soon fellas. BT prices going up on the 3rd of July. Customers will be notified on the 29th.

Sky's customers already notified and comes into effect in June.

how much?, whats a deal for the most basic :lol:  tv, net, and phone, inc line rental? and whats it going up to?

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #251 on: Thursday 14 April 2016, 06:59:41 PM »
Prices going up soon fellas. BT prices going up on the 3rd of July. Customers will be notified on the 29th.

how much?, whats a deal for the most basic :lol:  tv, net, and phone, inc line rental? and whats it going up to?

If you check deals via uswitch you'll get the best ones on there. For everything you've mentioned you're probably looking at about £40 with a £49 activation fee. You'll get a prepaid voucher with that too probably. Between £75 and £100.

Not too sure on all of the price changes. Line rental is up another quid to £18.99. Infinity is going up by £2.10. Other than that I'm in the dark. Infinity 1 customers are having their speed increased from 38MB to 52MB though so the £2.10 is worth it to them. Infinity 2 is going up £2.10 but staying at 76MB.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #252 on: Thursday 14 April 2016, 10:39:16 PM »

If you check deals via uswitch you'll get the best ones on there. For everything you've mentioned you're probably looking at about £40 with a £49 activation fee. You'll get a prepaid voucher with that too probably. Between £75 and £100.

Not too sure on all of the price changes. Line rental is up another quid to £18.99. Infinity is going up by £2.10. Other than that I'm in the dark. Infinity 1 customers are having their speed increased from 38MB to 52MB though so the £2.10 is worth it to them. Infinity 2 is going up £2.10 but staying at 76MB.

i just got 100mb from virgin for £13 a month plus £17.99 line rental for 12 months then it goes up to something else, can't remember, £24 quid maybe

fast like, phoned tuesday night, box delivered today and i was all set up and running in no time...granted i'm stuck in the 1980's for many things but i always thought you had to wait about 6 months for some c*** to come out and sort it
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #253 on: Thursday 14 April 2016, 10:42:17 PM »

i just got 100mb from virgin for £13 a month plus £17.99 line rental for 12 months then it goes up to something else, can't remember, £24 quid maybe

fast like, phoned tuesday night, box delivered today and i was all set up and running in no time...granted i'm stuck in the 1980's for many things but i always thought you had to wait about 6 months for some c*** to come out and sort it

The UK is actually the best place in the world in terms of the telecomm's market.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #254 on: Thursday 14 April 2016, 10:51:35 PM »

how much?, whats a deal for the most basic tv, net, and phone, inc line rental? and whats it going up to?

The UK is actually the best place in the world in terms of the telecomm's market.
Having lived in Korea this is simply not true. Forgot to say they gave my folks £50 and me as well for the referral, so wasn't bad all round.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #255 on: Friday 15 April 2016, 12:22:14 AM »
I had 160MB on Virgin and I now have 76MB BT Infinity and the BT one blows it out of the water like. BT's Internet is just far quicker and most consistent than the others in my experience. I'm sure there are exceptions though. I swear by BT internet now after getting it in the new house.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #256 on: Friday 15 April 2016, 01:06:46 AM »
I had 160MB on Virgin and I now have 76MB BT Infinity and the BT one blows it out of the water like. BT's Internet is just far quicker and most consistent than the others in my experience. I'm sure there are exceptions though. I swear by BT internet now after getting it in the new house.
Says the guy who works for BT.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #257 on: Friday 15 April 2016, 08:18:05 AM »
Nope.

Offline Ste

• General Member
« Reply #258 on: Friday 15 April 2016, 08:28:59 AM »
Having to reset my home hub at 9pm every night due to orange light. Sometimes during the day but night is most consistent. What's happening here?

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #259 on: Friday 15 April 2016, 09:44:09 AM »
Says the guy who works for BT.

I have no loyalty to BT whatsoever and I have had Sky, Virgin and BT internet over the last two years. BT wins hands down.

Nope.

Well done Neesy. :lol:

Offline Bowie

• General Member
« Reply #260 on: Friday 15 April 2016, 02:57:47 PM »

If you were to signup to BT now, would you get the price increase or not?

Yes. Nobody is immune.

For anyone who isn't happy if you call up and state you're leaving specifically because of the price increase, you can exit your contract and you won't be held to term.

Does this apply to existing customers?

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #261 on: Friday 15 April 2016, 03:00:45 PM »
I just had a look at BT.  Similar package to what I have with Sky, for about half the price.  Obviously, you have the install costs.  But even then, it would soon pay for itself. 

I'll be giving those greedy w*****s at Sky a call this weekend.  See if I can get a good chunk off.  I'm not looking to change, to be honest and I'd be happy with just a £20-£30 saving.  I just can justify what I am paying now. 

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #262 on: Friday 15 April 2016, 03:11:43 PM »

If you were to signup to BT now, would you get the price increase or not?

Yes. Nobody is immune.

For anyone who isn't happy if you call up and state you're leaving specifically because of the price increase, you can exit your contract and you won't be held to term.

Does this apply to existing customers?

Yeah it applies to you. At the same time you're going to get a pretty big boost in speed so it's not all bad.

I just had a look at BT.  Similar package to what I have with Sky, for about half the price.  Obviously, you have the install costs.  But even then, it would soon pay for itself. 

I'll be giving those greedy w*****s at Sky a call this weekend.  See if I can get a good chunk off.  I'm not looking to change, to be honest and I'd be happy with just a £20-£30 saving.  I just can justify what I am paying now. 

Be wary of Sky price increases that come into effect in June. If you do move to BT do it through uswitch and reap the rewards. I can look after ye from there.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #263 on: Friday 15 April 2016, 03:24:04 PM »
Goes off quite a bit for me.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #264 on: Friday 15 April 2016, 03:27:21 PM »
Yeah.  Already warned me.  £6 hike and they have already upped it in recent years.  Considering what they have lost to BT Sport, they are taking the absolute p*ss.  The main reason I have it, is for Sky Atlantic and Sky Sports.  Their box sets are good, as well.  But I could just get Netflix or something like that and still save an absolute fortune. 

I was always a bit stuck with money off and looking at different options, before.  As you couldn't get BT in my area and you can't get Virgin, either.  Not anymore  O0

Cheers Frogster.

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #265 on: Friday 15 April 2016, 04:10:56 PM »
Goes off quite a bit for me.

Do you want an engineer out or what? We'll fix it for free like. Not that you're one of them but people who complain about their s*** not working properly but never call about it annoy the f*** out of me. :lol:

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday 19 April 2016, 07:30:38 PM »
I see the Sky Q box outputs 1080p.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #267 on: Wednesday 20 April 2016, 01:33:38 PM »
Thinking of moving to BT.

Need to get the two box hookup but cannot add Sky Sports on that two box option, which is quite annoying.

Froggy any idea if that will be made a possibility anytime soon?
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline FrenchWilliam

• General Member
« Reply #268 on: Wednesday 20 April 2016, 09:13:11 PM »

What are you basing this on???

JS

« Reply #269 on: Wednesday 20 April 2016, 09:28:09 PM »

It's not like :lol:

Offline Deckard 13

• General Member
« Reply #270 on: Thursday 21 April 2016, 06:45:45 PM »
Got my letter through today saying my Sky package was going up £4.25 a month which is a bit annoying after just negotiating a years worth of TV but there's now I can do now. The one that winds me up the most is paying for extra for HD in 2016.

Froggy, the BT speed increases/charge increases, are they applied whether you like or not or do you have to upgrade to it? I've read sites that suggest the new speeds and prices will only be for new customers from mid-april and current customers will stay on the old speeds.

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #271 on: Thursday 21 April 2016, 07:36:24 PM »
Got my letter through today saying my Sky package was going up £4.25 a month which is a bit annoying after just negotiating a years worth of TV but there's now I can do now. The one that winds me up the most is paying for extra for HD in 2016.

Froggy, the BT speed increases/charge increases, are they applied whether you like or not or do you have to upgrade to it? I've read sites that suggest the new speeds and prices will only be for new customers from mid-april and current customers will stay on the old speeds.

All we've been told is that if you're eligible you'll get the upgrade. I would have assumed that meant everyone. There is a small chance you may need to recontract but I'm not sure at the minute. I'm fairly sure though that the price increase is compulsory and the speed upgrade is so you don't lose your s*** and cancel.

Offline Deckard 13

• General Member
« Reply #272 on: Thursday 21 April 2016, 10:42:01 PM »

All we've been told is that if you're eligible you'll get the upgrade. I would have assumed that meant everyone. There is a small chance you may need to recontract but I'm not sure at the minute. I'm fairly sure though that the price increase is compulsory and the speed upgrade is so you don't lose your s*** and cancel.

Nah, I'm not fussed either way. I'm not desperate to call up to pay more money but if it goes up and I get faster broadband I won't complain, I was just wondering if it was compulsory really.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday 10 May 2016, 04:16:26 PM »
So annoyed with myself, I thought I was on a 24 month contract with Virgin that ends next month.  Just found out it was actually a 12 month contract so I've been overcharged for a year.  :lol:  Cancelled now, so trying to find something cheaper.  Think I might sack the off TV altogether, all I watch is BBC and Netflix.

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday 10 May 2016, 04:21:29 PM »
So annoyed with myself, I thought I was on a 24 month contract with Virgin that ends next month.  Just found out it was actually a 12 month contract so I've been overcharged for a year.  :lol:  Cancelled now, so trying to find something cheaper.  Think I might sack the off TV altogether, all I watch is BBC and Netflix.

Line rental, unlimited weekend calls, unlimited broadband and a TV pack with all the freeview channels (in HD) plus free BT Sport (all channels) = £25.49 a month with BT atm. You also get a free £75 reward card. :thup: