Author Topic: Sky, Virgin or BT?  (Read 39213 times)

Offline NUFCDoog

• General Member
Re: Sky, Virgin or BT?
« Reply #150 on: Thursday 25 June 2015, 07:51:37 PM »
I currently work for a company called The  Tenant Shop. We basically work with letting agents and because of this Sky give us discount codes that we can use with their new tenants to save a lot of money. They're not exclusive to new tenants though so if anyone is looking to get set up...

Sky Family HD+Sports and Movies - Unlimited BroadBand and Sky Talk Line rental with free weekend calls I can do you lot for £33.65 for 6 months and 38.65 for the other 6. Its a 12 month contract, no catch or anything like that. Only thing you'll need to do is pay a £10 deposit at the time of booking (you get a fiver back on your first bill).

If anyone is interested let me know via PM, Im in 10-2 in the morning and I would have to call you to set it up.

This deal has just been extended to the end of this week btw, so ends at 6pm tomorrow night if anyone else is interested!

Offline Ryan

• General Member
  • Long live BeoutQ
« Reply #151 on: Thursday 25 June 2015, 09:16:03 PM »
Thinking about moving across to BT (because of the sport really).

Currently have EE as my phone/broadband provider, contract runs until November 2015. Would there be any chance of BT paying out the rest of the contract for me to join them? EE did this when we joined TalkTalk but we only had 2 months remaining on that contract, I think asking for 5 months of a contract to be paid up a bit cheeky  :lol:

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #152 on: Thursday 25 June 2015, 10:37:21 PM »

Currently have EE as my phone/broadband provider, contract runs until November 2015. Would there be any chance of BT paying out the rest of the contract for me to join them? EE did this when we joined TalkTalk but we only had 2 months remaining on that contract, I think asking for 5 months of a contract to be paid up a bit cheeky  :lol:
Since BT are in the process of buying EE I doubt there is a chance of that happening.

Offline Geordie Ahmed

• General Member
« Reply #153 on: Thursday 25 June 2015, 10:48:06 PM »

Since BT are in the process of buying EE I doubt there is a chance of that happening.
That deal is still a long way to completion so shouldn't make a difference

It's best to find out what your early termination charge is and then speak to BT about it

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #154 on: Friday 26 June 2015, 12:12:29 PM »
BT already bought EE. That's what we've been lead to believe anyway at BT.

Offline Ryan

• General Member
  • Long live BeoutQ
« Reply #155 on: Friday 26 June 2015, 12:17:19 PM »
Confusing  :lol:

Online LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #156 on: Sunday 5 July 2015, 08:02:38 PM »
Sky Box... Should I keep it set at 1080i or reduce to 720p?

Discuss.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #157 on: Sunday 5 July 2015, 08:11:06 PM »
Sky Box... Should I keep it set at 1080i or reduce to 720p?

Discuss.

720p imo.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #158 on: Sunday 5 July 2015, 11:02:53 PM »
It depends. If you have the HD channels then keep it at full HD, if not then there is no point because Sky's SD is awful.

Online LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #159 on: Monday 6 July 2015, 06:51:35 PM »
I've always had the full HD package. Just not sure which is the better display option.

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday 7 July 2015, 09:33:09 AM »
1080i is the 'better' option. You have a class set up so it'd be fine. Some TVs would struggle with mega HD.

Neesy is probably alluding to it being progressive scan which is generally better for 'fast-moving' stuff like sport/gaming. However I'm pretty sure every HD TV show and all games are developed/filmed at 1080 and so all you'd be doing is downscaling it. Not totally sure now that I read about it though...
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday 27 October 2015, 04:07:03 PM »
Those that have a BT set top box - do I have to have it directly connected to my router via ethernet or can it just work via wifi? Don't want to be robbed by getting an engineer to install an extension cable as my router is in the same room as would be the box.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday 27 October 2015, 04:18:41 PM »
You can get broadband extenders which can plug in close to your hub and your tv and then connect it via one of the plugs, but you can't get it wireless. £49 for an engineer to fix the cabling up for you and all he does is staple it above doors/along the skirting, so just do it yourself. You'll be provided with a 10m cable in the box when you get get your BTTV box. It works far better when it's plugged in directly anyway. I think the broadband extenders are £29 or £49 too. Can't remember exactly.

Offline Ste

• General Member
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday 27 October 2015, 04:19:57 PM »
£49 for extenders. Just ordered some for ours.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday 27 October 2015, 04:31:05 PM »
You can get broadband extenders which can plug in close to your hub and your tv and then connect it via one of the plugs, but you can't get it wireless. £49 for an engineer to fix the cabling up for you and all he does is staple it above doors/along the skirting, so just do it yourself. You'll be provided with a 10m cable in the box when you get get your BTTV box. It works far better when it's plugged in directly anyway. I think the broadband extenders are £29 or £49 too. Can't remember exactly.

10m isn't enough, looks like it's extenders as that's £20 quid cheaper.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday 27 October 2015, 04:52:56 PM »
£29 if you order them when you're making the order, £49 any other time. Just checked. :lol: In work now.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday 27 October 2015, 08:11:25 PM »
1080i is the 'better' option. You have a class set up so it'd be fine. Some TVs would struggle with mega HD.

Neesy is probably alluding to it being progressive scan which is generally better for 'fast-moving' stuff like sport/gaming. However I'm pretty sure every HD TV show and all games are developed/filmed at 1080 and so all you'd be doing is downscaling it. Not totally sure now that I read about it though...

Sky and Virgin broadcast to a maximum of 1080i only so while its filmed in 1080p it's broadcast in 1080i which is bad for sports.

Offline midds

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday 27 October 2015, 08:26:59 PM »

10m isn't enough, looks like it's extenders as that's £20 quid cheaper.

chopey

« Reply #168 on: Tuesday 27 October 2015, 09:20:47 PM »
Sky Q is on its way for HD lovers

Online LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday 27 October 2015, 11:12:19 PM »

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday 27 October 2015, 11:17:04 PM »
It's 4k. BT has had it for a while.

Online LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday 27 October 2015, 11:19:02 PM »
It's 4k. BT has had it for a while.

Just googled it :thup: Bit of a s*** name :lol:

If it upgrades the current broadcast signal to full 1080p I'd be happy (?)

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday 27 October 2015, 11:21:23 PM »
By the way anyone with BT Sport currently paying the fiver (those not on BTTV), call up and you'll get it half price for 12 months if you ask for it, along with 3 months free HD. Might even get your broadband cheaper too.

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday 28 October 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
By the way anyone with BT Sport currently paying the fiver (those not on BTTV), call up and you'll get it half price for 12 months if you ask for it, along with 3 months free HD. Might even get your broadband cheaper too.

Just by asking for it? Or threaten to cancel etc?

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday 28 October 2015, 03:15:15 PM »
Depends on who you get. I just whack it on for people. If there's a jobsworth on your phone you'll need to say, "it's too expensive, would only keep it if I got it for cheaper." They can't haggle anyway. It's £5 normally and the only deal is £2.50. You can't get it for free unless you get a BTTV box.