Author Topic: Sky, Virgin or BT?  (Read 39221 times)

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
Re: Sky, Virgin or BT?
« Reply #650 on: Wednesday 10 June 2020, 12:46:25 PM »
I loved Sky like and had absolutely no complaints. Because they couldn't provide TV they cancelled my TV package and credited me whatever I was charged for the period I didn't have it. Also made my Fibre contract free so I was free to leave without penalty.

Internet is fine so sticking with them for the fibre. £27 a month. Have IPTV up and running now. Great job.

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #651 on: Friday 12 June 2020, 12:55:27 PM »
I loved Sky like and had absolutely no complaints. Because they couldn't provide TV they cancelled my TV package and credited me whatever I was charged for the period I didn't have it. Also made my Fibre contract free so I was free to leave without penalty.

Internet is fine so sticking with them for the fibre. £27 a month. Have IPTV up and running now. Great job.
How is it working?

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #652 on: Friday 12 June 2020, 03:12:47 PM »
It's perfect.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #653 on: Monday 10 August 2020, 02:51:10 PM »
My mam was paying £104 a month for her Sky TV. They would prefer Virgin Media but no longer live in a VM area.
They were getting all the channels, Sports + Movies, plus HD and 1 multiroom.
I saw that Sky were offering the same deal, but with UHD as well to new customers for £72 a month.
In the end they dropped the kids channels and her grandchildren don’t actually watch it when they come around, and are paying £68.50 a month, and gain UHD as well. Sky were willing to match the £72 a month with the kids channels but they decided not to bother with it.

That’s a massive saving for them, I wanted to sort out that bill for them a few months ago, really pleased I’mve managed to do that now. My stepdad is retired due to ill health and my mam is classed as disabled. They aren’t exactly on a high income, and TV is about the only thing classed as a luxury they have. £35 is a lot of money to them.
Recently my mam got a new phone is on a better deal than on her old contract, a few weeks ago my stepdad’s contract came up for renewal and I was able to sort out an amazing deal on it for him now, especially with 02’s family plan.

If anyone is with them then it’s well worth the effort to ring them up and see what they can do discount wise, to think that they were paying £35 a month more just because they never mentioned anything is a bit off.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #654 on: Monday 10 August 2020, 04:38:49 PM »
Moved house and did the homemove thing. Fibre swapped without a hitch. Have to wait until June 1st at the earliest before an engineer will be able to come inside my home though as we've no dish.

Informed by Sky today that they cannot provide Sky TV at the new house. Virgin also not available here.

Anyone have experience with IPTV? The completely legal kind of course. PM me with any info please.
How can you not get Sky?
If your landlady doesn't want a satellite dish on the side of her house.

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #655 on: Thursday 13 August 2020, 03:53:52 PM »
I'm with Sky for TV, Phone and BB (fibre). The current offer on the BB bit expires next month, and am on the old 'Sky Fibre Max' service at £29/month with offers. They said I can keep the fibre max, but it'll go up to £33.99/month, or can switch to the newer 'Broadband Superfast' for £27/month, 18mnth contract.

However, Virgin Media have an offer through a Broadband website, for their M100 broadband only (no phone line) for £24/month for 18 mnths, and you can claim a £75 Amazon voucher.

Have had VM before for TV and BB, and didn't have any issues with the service. Only worry is that on a local FB page (for NE15), I saw a lot of posts earlier in the year about Virgin Internet dropping out, but maybe that was due to the increased loading during lockdown, etc.

I'm working from home for the foreseeable, so the last thing I need is flakey Internet, and not being able to remote access the work server. But, Sky has also been a bit flakey recently, so maybe its time to jump back to VM, for BB at least.
Claim to fame.... Han Solo stole my uniform.

« Reply #656 on: Thursday 13 August 2020, 03:55:12 PM »
I'm with virgin for broadband and phone and they have been brilliant for a good two years.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #657 on: Saturday 15 August 2020, 08:27:00 AM »
I'm with Sky for TV, Phone and BB (fibre). The current offer on the BB bit expires next month, and am on the old 'Sky Fibre Max' service at £29/month with offers. They said I can keep the fibre max, but it'll go up to £33.99/month, or can switch to the newer 'Broadband Superfast' for £27/month, 18mnth contract.

However, Virgin Media have an offer through a Broadband website, for their M100 broadband only (no phone line) for £24/month for 18 mnths, and you can claim a £75 Amazon voucher.

Have had VM before for TV and BB, and didn't have any issues with the service. Only worry is that on a local FB page (for NE15), I saw a lot of posts earlier in the year about Virgin Internet dropping out, but maybe that was due to the increased loading during lockdown, etc.

I'm working from home for the foreseeable, so the last thing I need is flakey Internet, and not being able to remote access the work server. But, Sky has also been a bit flakey recently, so maybe its time to jump back to VM, for BB at least.
I’ve been with VM and Sky before. In terms of internet, VM blow the rest of the competition apart.
We would much prefer to have VM, however no longer live in a VM area, although it maybe coming to ours soon.
When I come to move, being in a VM area will honestly be something I’ll be looking at.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #658 on: Tuesday 15 September 2020, 10:23:25 AM »
is it possible to add a vpn direct to my virgin router by f***ing about in the settings?  i can't seem to find anything that gives clear instructions but the VPN i've signed up for says it can be done on certain routers

So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #659 on: Tuesday 15 September 2020, 10:34:34 AM »
is it possible to add a vpn direct to my virgin router by f***ing about in the settings?  i can't seem to find anything that gives clear instructions but the VPN i've signed up for says it can be done on certain routers

You need a new router and then put router into modem mode.  All ISP routers are rubbish.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #660 on: Tuesday 15 September 2020, 10:48:53 AM »

You need a new router and then put router into modem mode.  All ISP routers are rubbish.
Thought so, yeah. Fuuuurk.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire