Author Topic: Andy Carroll signs 1 year extension  (Read 136901 times)

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
Re: Andy Carroll signs 1 year extension
« Reply #2050 on: Thursday 27 August 2020, 06:40:00 PM »
Christ, could this conversation be any more tedious? :lol:

Yes.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #2051 on: Thursday 27 August 2020, 08:34:08 PM »
Didn't realise you had to be under pressure to hoof it? Hoofing it is hoofing it, pressure or not.

You hoof it when you can't pass, whether it is down to obvious pressure from the opposition, or pressure from the fact that you can't pass, it's still pressure. Lascelles was calm and collected and found his player.

There is plenty of actual s**** to moan about without making s*** up.

Dummet constantly hoofs it aimlessly when not under pressure. Mike Williamson was the same. You don’t need to be under pressure to hoof it. I didn’t say Lascelles hoofed it, I just said you were wrong about having to be under pressure to just hoof it. Teams like stoke made quite a living out of the good old not under pressure hoof. Just because you can’t pass doesn’t mean you are under pressure.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #2052 on: Friday 28 August 2020, 10:41:35 AM »
Didn't realise you had to be under pressure to hoof it? Hoofing it is hoofing it, pressure or not.

You hoof it when you can't pass, whether it is down to obvious pressure from the opposition, or pressure from the fact that you can't pass, it's still pressure. Lascelles was calm and collected and found his player.

Dummet constantly hoofs it aimlessly when not under pressure. Mike Williamson was the same. You don’t need to be under pressure to hoof it. I didn’t say Lascelles hoofed it, I just said you were wrong about having to be under pressure to just hoof it. Teams like stoke made quite a living out of the good old not under pressure hoof. Just because you can’t pass doesn’t mean you are under pressure.

Hey man, you're free to continue making your own tailor-made misery. I'll continue to get mine off the peg.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #2053 on: Friday 28 August 2020, 12:02:26 PM »

Hey man, you're free to continue making your own tailor-made misery. I'll continue to get mine off the peg.

Not really sure what any of that conversation had to do with misery. More to do with you being totally wrong about the values of the good old pressure free hoof.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #2054 on: Thursday 3 September 2020, 10:11:45 PM »
 :lol: 2020 continues to reach new peaks.

?s=20
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #2055 on: Thursday 3 September 2020, 10:26:17 PM »
:lol:  Know someone who used to work there, the owner is pretty radge.

Pizza restaurant Cal's Own apologises after comparing negative reviewers to 'child molesters'

Jesmond pizzeria Cal’s Own tells critics it won't 'pander' to the public

Newcastle pizzeria Cal's Own's scathing response to Facebook review goes viral

Owner of Jesmond pizzeria Cal's Own assaulted in own restaurant by angry dad in row over son's wages

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7671733/pizza-restaurant-customers-backlash-bad-tripadvisor-review/

AN AWARD-winning pizza restaurant has slammed customers who leave bad TripAdvisor reviews as "worse than child molesters".

The Twitter account of Cal’s Own in Newcastle initially branded a customer a “f***wit” after they complained about the cost of a pizza, saying they were “going to hell”.

Restaurant owner Calvin Kitchin has previously said he “doesn’t take criticism well".

You don't say :lol:

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #2056 on: Saturday 12 September 2020, 09:57:18 PM »
Even though a lot of people here don't really like him but since he came back he's done very well for us, his presence and aerial power really adds something to our game, and he's a million times better upfront than Joelinton.

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
« Reply #2057 on: Saturday 12 September 2020, 10:00:04 PM »
He's still an absolute unit in the air, and can hold it up well. He's done after 60 minutes though. Always nice to have an outlet like him so defenders can get rid and not have it come straight back into them.

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #2058 on: Saturday 12 September 2020, 10:01:11 PM »
Even though a lot of people here don't really like him but since he came back he's done very well for us, his presence and aerial power really adds something to our game, and he's a million times better upfront than Joelinton.
I don't think anyone doubts a fit andy carroll is a great asset to have its just been so rare basically since he left for liverpool

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #2059 on: Saturday 12 September 2020, 10:08:56 PM »
Pleased for him that he got through 90 mins, doubt it will happen too often so enjoy it big man.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #2060 on: Saturday 12 September 2020, 10:11:23 PM »
Pleased for him that he got through 90 mins, doubt it will happen too often so enjoy it big man.

He didn't quite make 90mins but he was excellent, pleased for him.

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #2061 on: Saturday 12 September 2020, 10:44:12 PM »
Crazy to think we actually have options upfront and could and hopefully will bring in one more on loan.

Almiron behind, joelinton or Carroll. Longstaff playing number 10 works and Hendrick has played there before too.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #2062 on: Saturday 12 September 2020, 10:45:38 PM »
Not sure we have options really. Carroll will get injured soon and Joe is proven to be useless at scoring goals.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #2063 on: Saturday 12 September 2020, 10:49:55 PM »
Not sure we have options really. Carroll will get injured soon and Joe is proven to be useless at scoring goals.

Thought Joel did fine coming on as sub, which is where I think he should have started last season. We still have Gayle when he gets back from injury as well so we are not that bad tbh, if we can juggle the fitness issues right.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #2064 on: Saturday 12 September 2020, 10:52:50 PM »
A f***ing carthorse who never looks like scoring. If he wasn’t local he’d have been chased out months back.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #2065 on: Saturday 12 September 2020, 10:53:00 PM »

Thought Joel did fine coming on as sub, which is where I think he should have started last season. We still have Gayle when he gets back from injury as well so we are not that bad tbh, if we can juggle the fitness issues right.

Joelinton might have a bit more joy playing alongside or just off Wilson. He hardly helped himself last season but it also didn’t help that we’d play the wide men about 30-40 yards away from him, with his back to goal in his first season here. Might play a role this season.
?s=21

Offline Tiresias

• General Member
  • #TeamBenArfa
« Reply #2066 on: Saturday 12 September 2020, 10:56:23 PM »
If there is any hope for Joel it will be now with pressure off of being a no 9 and playing off further forward strikers. Not saying I actually expect any improvement but he clearly is hopeless leading the line but has some technical ability so maybe can reclaim some worth in a deeper role even it is as a sub alongside wilson or carroll operating more traditionally. Still, plenty of players should be ahead of him tbh.
Just waiting for the glasses to go in the pocket

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #2067 on: Saturday 12 September 2020, 10:58:29 PM »

Joelinton might have a bit more joy playing alongside or just off Wilson. He hardly helped himself last season but it also didn’t help that we’d play the wide men about 30-40 yards away from him, with his back to goal in his first season here. Might play a role this season.

Yeah. With Wilson attacking the box it gives Joelinton the opportunity to do something different. Or rather it isn't as damaging if he continues to do the same as he always has.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #2068 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:21:43 PM »
Cal was right, Carroll’s s****.

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #2069 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:45:28 PM »
Even in a front two, whenever Wilson was up top he was isolated.

So off the pace its painful.

Offline Foluwashola

• General Member
« Reply #2070 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:49:02 PM »
He's just an utter shell of the player he was a decade ago. One positive of today is that even smashed nose will surely realise pairing him with Wilson isn't going to work against any team of non-cloggers.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #2071 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:52:35 PM »
:lol: 2020 continues to reach new peaks.

?s=20

Can't beleive I missed that. That Cal's own guy is literally unbearable.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #2072 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:56:51 PM »
Has this guy come close to scoring since he came back?

Considering he's the prototype striker for this horror ball we play, you'd think he would have managed at least a couple.

I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #2073 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 10:56:03 PM »
rather he played CB than anywhere near the front.
sorry Andy, was heartbroken when you left the first time. but you're finished mate. your legs have gone.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #2074 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 05:56:07 AM »
If he only managed 45 minutes he’ll start at Morecambe. Almiron, Joelinton & Fraser behind him.
?s=21