Author Topic: Andy Carroll signs 1 year extension  (Read 127421 times)

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
Re: Andy Carroll
« Reply #1925 on: Monday 2 March 2020, 03:07:44 PM »

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #1926 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 06:23:04 PM »

Then all of a sudden he perked up, alert - like a meerkat, "where the f*** is everyone?"

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #1927 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 06:24:41 PM »
That’s amazing news, it really is. Oh wait, no it isn’t.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #1928 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 06:44:02 PM »
Another local gem of an article from the Chronicle. Get...the...f***...zzzzzz...wha...oh yeah....in.

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #1929 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 07:02:38 PM »
He'll be crocked before we kick a ball again
What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Online Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #1930 on: Saturday 28 March 2020, 05:40:51 PM »

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #1931 on: Saturday 28 March 2020, 10:05:49 PM »
 :lol: :lol:

Offline t00nraider

• General Member
« Reply #1932 on: Saturday 28 March 2020, 11:41:28 PM »
 Some right wingyfarts on here. He's helped win us some valuable points so far and the season isn't over yet.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #1933 on: Saturday 28 March 2020, 11:42:02 PM »
Some right wingyfarts on here. He's helped win us some valuable points so far and the season isn't over yet.

Retro, I like it.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #1934 on: Saturday 28 March 2020, 11:48:39 PM »

Poor man’s Kev Kyle I heard.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #1935 on: Sunday 29 March 2020, 10:38:09 AM »

:lol:

Offline geordie john

• General Member
  • My Pops holding 'it' in 1955!
« Reply #1936 on: Sunday 29 March 2020, 12:18:25 PM »

Please tell me that this is sarcasm?
Please?
Cut me and I bleed black and white

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #1937 on: Sunday 17 May 2020, 05:16:22 PM »
Seems to be changing into Lemmy during lockdown.... or Geoff from Byker Grove!  :lol:

Claim to fame.... Han Solo stole my uniform.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #1938 on: Sunday 17 May 2020, 05:19:06 PM »
I reckon he's pulling it off [emoji38]
Bearings Straight!

Carrick18

« Reply #1939 on: Sunday 17 May 2020, 05:50:08 PM »
I'd get excited about his return, but the worry is he's always a day away from another breakdown.

He's still fairly useful, especially for a team like us, but he's made of glass.

Offline The Ideal Crash

• General Member
  • Paddy with a Northern Soul
« Reply #1940 on: Sunday 17 May 2020, 06:08:50 PM »
Whenever I think anything critical of him, I remind myself of when he bashed Steven Taylor.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #1941 on: Sunday 17 May 2020, 06:42:52 PM »
I'd get excited about his return, but the worry is he's always a day away from another breakdown.

He's still fairly useful, especially for a team like us, but he's made of glass.

He’s garbage, Championship level at best, he’s only useful (to us) because he’s physical which sums up the state of our club and parts of of our outdated (English-centric) game when dinosaurs like Bruce (and big and strong crappy centre-forwards like Carroll) still stink it out. The fact he gets game time now back at the club today long after he was first sold tells you (or should), everything about the sorry state our club Ashley and co have let it become AMG the melt of a manager in charge of the team. It’s a s**** state of affairs Tommy!
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #1942 on: Sunday 17 May 2020, 07:29:54 PM »
I think I'll resent him being around less once we get taken over. A waste of space taking up a shirt will matter less when we have money to buy another striker. I'll also be able to reminisce on happier times, like when he twatted Steve Taylor.

Offline gasman

• General Member
  • certified bent
« Reply #1943 on: Sunday 17 May 2020, 08:58:21 PM »
That’s amazing news, it really is. Oh wait, no it isn’t.

:lol:
"Flamengo is not just a club or a sports association
Flamengo is a religion, a sect, a creed, with its Bible and its higher and lower prophets. Flamengo is a love, a devotion, an external communion of feelings. Many give their lives for it. They give up their freedom, destroy friendships and ruin homes with homicides and suicides. Flamengo causes fever, causes meningiitis, causes liver cirrhosis, causes neurosis and causes exhaltation of life and death.Flamengo is a hallucination. A federal law should be made to require Flamengo to play in brazil every week and always win. When Flamengo wins there is more love in the hills, more sweetness in the homes, more vibration in the streets, life sings, spirits rise, There are kisses in the squares and gardens, because thew soul is at peace, it is happy. Flamengo must not lose. Its defeat frustrates, saddens, humbles and slaughters. The public require Flamengo to win for the good of all, for the national welfare. Hon Dr Judge Eliezer Rosa

Offline gasman

• General Member
  • certified bent
« Reply #1944 on: Sunday 17 May 2020, 08:59:11 PM »
Is this c*** still taking up a wheelie bin at the training centre?
"Flamengo is not just a club or a sports association
Flamengo is a religion, a sect, a creed, with its Bible and its higher and lower prophets. Flamengo is a love, a devotion, an external communion of feelings. Many give their lives for it. They give up their freedom, destroy friendships and ruin homes with homicides and suicides. Flamengo causes fever, causes meningiitis, causes liver cirrhosis, causes neurosis and causes exhaltation of life and death.Flamengo is a hallucination. A federal law should be made to require Flamengo to play in brazil every week and always win. When Flamengo wins there is more love in the hills, more sweetness in the homes, more vibration in the streets, life sings, spirits rise, There are kisses in the squares and gardens, because thew soul is at peace, it is happy. Flamengo must not lose. Its defeat frustrates, saddens, humbles and slaughters. The public require Flamengo to win for the good of all, for the national welfare. Hon Dr Judge Eliezer Rosa

Offline t00nraider

• General Member
« Reply #1945 on: Sunday 17 May 2020, 09:13:24 PM »
He'll score the goal that keeps us up anarl.

Carrick18

« Reply #1946 on: Sunday 17 May 2020, 10:23:09 PM »

He’s garbage, Championship level at best, he’s only useful (to us) because he’s physical which sums up the state of our club and parts of of our outdated (English-centric) game when dinosaurs like Bruce (and big and strong crappy centre-forwards like Carroll) still stink it out. The fact he gets game time now back at the club today long after he was first sold tells you (or should), everything about the sorry state our club Ashley and co have let it become AMG the melt of a manager in charge of the team. It’s a s**** state of affairs Tommy!
Hence why I said, especially for a team like us. In case you forgot, we're a pretty dire long-ball team and he still thrives on that. As for being 'Championship at best' it depends on the role to be honest. For us, he's got 4 assists in 500 minutes. If you want him as a last option to throw on he'll do a job in the Premier League. If you're going to play him regularly, then yeah, he's much more in line with the Championship.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #1947 on: Sunday 17 May 2020, 10:42:47 PM »
I think I'll resent him being around less once we get taken over. A waste of space taking up a shirt will matter less when we have money to buy another striker. I'll also be able to reminisce on happier times, like when he twatted Steve Taylor.

Presumably he'll be gone very soon after we get taken over.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #1948 on: Sunday 17 May 2020, 11:07:21 PM »

Feels like this quote needs to be put on the crest
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Doc

• General Member
« Reply #1949 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 09:50:32 PM »
Like a Renton quote me like.