Author Topic: Andy Carroll signs 1 year extension  (Read 127628 times)

Offline Chicane

• General Member
Re: Andy Carroll
« Reply #1875 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 02:11:21 PM »
I keep thinking about if you got Carroll and Siem de Jong together, would they combined have enough working parts to form an actual functional player?

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #1877 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 03:18:11 PM »
How have the other free transfer, frequently injured strikers (Danny Welbeck and Daniel Sturridge) been getting on this season?
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #1878 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 03:27:29 PM »
I wonder how quickly this "Mystery" injury would be correctly diagnosed at an other club, or actually avoided due to proper rehabilitation facilities.

Actually scratch that. 

:mystery:

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #1879 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 03:34:06 PM »
How have the other free transfer, frequently injured strikers (Danny Welbeck and Daniel Sturridge) been getting on this season?

Welbeck has been as bad as Carroll looking at his stats for injuries.  Sturridge is doingok tbf, 4 league goals.

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #1880 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 03:47:55 PM »
He's done better than I thought tbh, which shows how much I expected from him.
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • Supporting Stilton at the Cheese World Cup
« Reply #1881 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 03:48:34 PM »
Utterly stupid that the guy is here at all.

:thup: Should be nowhere f***ing near the place, same as his w***** boss.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #1882 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 03:56:31 PM »
Utterly stupid that the guy is here at all.

:thup: Should be nowhere f***ing near the place, same as his w***** boss.

:thup:

Online KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #1883 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 04:05:47 PM »
So as things stand, if Joelinton gets injured, we're playing Muto or Gayle up top alone to battle for our hoofs up the pitch? :lol:

I would laugh so much man.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline jackyboy

• General Member
« Reply #1884 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 04:19:23 PM »
Still be getting his £25K a week so he won't give a f***. Bit like at West Ham where it was said a lot of his injuries were dubious.  He also missed a lot of training sessions because he had to go to his grandmothers funeral, I think he had a lot of Grandmothers
I went out with a girl once and she asked me to kiss her where it was wet and smelly...........So I took her to Middlesbrough

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #1885 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 04:34:02 PM »
I'm sure Carroll isn't happy he's injured. That doesn't change the fact that he is injured or that he has been frequently injured for long spells throughout his playing career. A £30K a week basic salary with pay as you play bonuses is an amazing deal for him given his injury record.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Chicane

• General Member
« Reply #1886 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 04:57:22 PM »
It's the best trade deal in the history of trade deals, maybe ever.

(for him obviously)

Offline Marmoset

• General Member
« Reply #1887 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 05:54:38 PM »
Well tbf even if he doesn't play another minute he'll have been worth the 30k or whatever a week it is, he did contribute to a few points and  that's worth the 1-2 million he'll have cost. Compare that to some fees and it's quite clearly been value for money in isolation.

The issue is that it's part of a wider problem at the club of avoiding actually trying to get the best team possible and his presence comes at the expense of a better option.

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
  • But it is what it is.
« Reply #1888 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 10:26:32 AM »
Can't understand how a known crocked player is now long term injured after playing far too many minutes without sufficient recovery.  The mind boggles.

Online tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #1889 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 11:38:05 AM »
Can't understand how a known crocked player is now long term injured after playing far too many minutes without sufficient recovery.  The mind boggles.

Hence why his pay is affected while injured
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #1890 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 12:32:38 PM »
He’s still making £20-25k a week. Landed on his feet coming here. £1m pretty much regardless of whether he was fit.
?s=21

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1891 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 01:50:44 PM »
He’s still making £20-25k a week. Landed on his feet coming here. £1m pretty much regardless of whether he was fit.

I doubt thee are many experienced PL players earning less than £25K. Even Shortstuff is looking at £20k per week. It's just the going rate.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #1892 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 02:06:15 PM »
We knew he was going to play about 10-15 games though and still decided to waste money on him.
?s=21

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1893 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 02:09:29 PM »
And how much would you demand if a PL club wanted you for 10-15 games per season?

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #1894 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 02:11:06 PM »
And how much would you demand if a PL club wanted you for 10-15 games per season?

I don’t know why the club went there? Can’t blame Carroll in this, no other Premier League club would have given him a deal, he might have dropped a division and maybe got half of that as a basic if someone was daft enough to gamble on him.
?s=21

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1895 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 02:19:34 PM »

I don’t know why the club went there? Can’t blame Carroll in this, no other Premier League club would have given him a deal, he might have dropped a division and maybe got half of that as a basic if someone was daft enough to gamble on him.

Well it wasn't for footballing reasons, of that we can be certain, because no decision is taken for footballing reasons.

Offline Coffee_Johnny

« Reply #1896 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 03:07:28 PM »
I keep thinking about if you got Carroll and Siem de Jong together, would they combined have enough working parts to form an actual functional player?
It's a puzzler. Can't decide whether adding Marcelino to the mix would help... probably would. At least the Frankenstein would now have legs. Blind and fingerless, but could run... canny.
🎵 He’s not from Argentina... 🎵

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #1897 on: Friday 21 February 2020, 09:46:02 AM »
?s=20

f***ing lol
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline ScottishMagpie

• General Member
« Reply #1898 on: Friday 21 February 2020, 09:57:12 AM »
Ridiculous how little is made of this clusterfuck of an idea to bring him back.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #1899 on: Friday 21 February 2020, 10:03:10 AM »
Ridiculous how little is made of this clusterfuck of an idea to bring him back.
Don’t forget how they want to give him a new contract.