Author Topic: Andy Carroll  (Read 124112 times)

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
Re: Andy Carroll
« Reply #1800 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 04:13:44 PM »
Oh I definitely agree that Rondon is several times the player Carroll is these days. He was mint.

Online samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #1801 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 04:31:24 PM »
That cross for the Shelvey goal was fantastic like.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #1802 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 04:38:46 PM »
£0million well spent tbf.

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1803 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 04:41:52 PM »
Ashley is on the phone to Klopp as we speak.

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #1804 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 04:57:11 PM »
Both games he played a vital role in our win, he's been giving it his all and we should all get behind him, don't understand the negativity towards him from some people here.

Offline HawK

• General Member
« Reply #1805 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 11:42:10 PM »
Both games he played a vital role in our win, he's been giving it his all and we should all get behind him, don't understand the negativity towards him from some people here.

Much better than Joelinton at any rate.

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1806 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 11:48:23 PM »
Seems to be getting on well with Jonjo. Maybe he has genuinely changed his laddish ways, and it is rubbing off.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #1807 on: Monday 9 December 2019, 12:08:25 AM »
I can't help but like him. Surprised he's been available as often as he has to be honest. Think there's still a use for him but not if you're playing 541. Need to get someone near him, preferably 2 or 3 near him. I liked the way Longstaff and Hayden did that late on today.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #1808 on: Monday 9 December 2019, 12:22:11 AM »
did well today. slowly but surely getting up to match fitness. much cleverer player than people give him credit for. also he's a leader and very vocal.

in an ideal world he'd be no where near our club, but in the current circumstances he's a great option off the bench.

what gayle and muto must be thinking watching joelinton though...
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #1809 on: Monday 9 December 2019, 07:08:53 AM »
He should be starting every game from here on in. The way we play now we need a big man up front who will battle and scrap for every high ball, and he is much better suited to this style of football than Joelinton. It's a worry that we have reached December and he's only started one game. That is the reason why people are still sceptical. If he can get a few starts in a row then fans will be more confident the deal wasn't just a safety clause to keep us in the premier.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #1810 on: Monday 9 December 2019, 05:22:13 PM »
Seems to be getting on well with Jonjo. Maybe he has genuinely changed his laddish ways, and it is rubbing off.

Both at Liverpool together

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1811 on: Monday 9 December 2019, 05:25:39 PM »

Both at Liverpool together

I'm aware of that. But Carroll definitely hadn't changed his ways at that point.

Offline Consortium of one

• General Member
  • Connecticut, USA
« Reply #1812 on: Monday 9 December 2019, 06:53:56 PM »
I'd expect to see Carroll get fully fit, start his first game then do an ankle or hammy 10 minutes in.

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #1813 on: Monday 9 December 2019, 07:09:13 PM »
I'd expect to see Carroll get fully fit, start his first game then do an ankle or hammy 10 minutes in.

He already started ?
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #1814 on: Monday 9 December 2019, 08:54:25 PM »
Happy for the guy as he has done well, and has been worth two wins already. His mobility really is shot though, but maybe it's just a matter of getting up to speed fitness wise still.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #1815 on: Monday 9 December 2019, 09:18:41 PM »
Looked like he could barely job before he put that cross in. Great ball mind.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #1816 on: Monday 9 December 2019, 11:02:45 PM »
It was weird watching him in the flesh on Thursday in actually starting a game. He really has no mobility whatsoever these days. I know he's never really been a speed merchant but he could certainly get around the pitch back in the day and cause havoc. He must have treated his body appallingly over the last 9 years or so.

When we didn't have the ball his pressing was simply non-existent and this is a major issue with starting him. The benefit in him being on comes from him doing something from long balls, but it's very rudimentary and you have to have some more mobility around him if you do so.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline HawK

• General Member
« Reply #1817 on: Tuesday 10 December 2019, 12:02:03 AM »
He pressed well on Sunday I thought.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #1818 on: Tuesday 10 December 2019, 12:37:01 AM »
He plays like a lame horse.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #1819 on: Tuesday 10 December 2019, 06:56:23 AM »
It was weird watching him in the flesh on Thursday in actually starting a game. He really has no mobility whatsoever these days. I know he's never really been a speed merchant but he could certainly get around the pitch back in the day and cause havoc. He must have treated his body appallingly over the last 9 years or so.

When we didn't have the ball his pressing was simply non-existent and this is a major issue with starting him. The benefit in him being on comes from him doing something from long balls, but it's very rudimentary and you have to have some more mobility around him if you do so.

This move has been great for him in that regard, he's with a manager who probably thinks that pressing the opposition is just some new fangled dictionary speak. Apparently Carroll rang Bruce asking for the chance to come home, that means he was already a mate who had swapped phone numbers. I wish the lad nothing but good luck, but will be amaze if he can ever be the player he was, or even anything close.

Offline Amir_9

• General Member
« Reply #1820 on: Saturday 21 December 2019, 05:01:54 PM »
"and there are those wanting Carroll to start  :idiot2:"

That's another assist for him today. Clearly still has something to offer.

Offline Lenny

• General Member
« Reply #1821 on: Saturday 21 December 2019, 05:03:15 PM »
He worked very hard to be fair.

Online samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #1822 on: Saturday 21 December 2019, 05:04:19 PM »
Was a canny assist tbf. I can't see him scoring much at all, but he does work hard and it will get a few assists for sure.

Offline Tiotes Witch Doctor

• General Member
« Reply #1823 on: Saturday 21 December 2019, 05:05:46 PM »
Was a canny assist tbf. I can't see him scoring much at all, but he does work hard and it will get a few assists for sure.
Hes already got a few assists.

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #1824 on: Saturday 21 December 2019, 05:41:20 PM »
Isn’t that 3 or 4 assists now?
LGM