Author Topic: Your Pet Hates  (Read 703902 times)

Online Ameritoon

• General Member
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Your Pet Hates
« Reply #18350 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:06:22 PM »
:lol: You wait on the line and bitch about the line. That's the play, everyone knows it. You bitch about the person at the checkout and what they've bought and how unimportant it is, then you become the dipshit at the checkout and all your new friends are suddenly enemies. Been this way 1000's of years.

"on line" instead of "in line" definitely belongs in this thread, too

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #18351 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:20:24 PM »
Banks not updating your account's transaction over weekends.

Paypal transaction taking an age to show on your bank record.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #18352 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:28:10 PM »
The masks under the nose thing. The f***ing worst
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #18353 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:48:40 PM »
The masks under the nose thing. The f***ing worst

:lol: It's part of why we're still doing this. People out here like you can prevent COVID by wearing your mask on your chin.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #18354 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:51:23 PM »
I'm so close every day to going all Taxi Driver and being like "why the f*** are you wearing your mask like that"
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #18355 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 08:13:07 PM »
I'm so close every day to going all Taxi Driver and being like "why the f*** are you wearing your mask like that"
Same.  Pisses me off or when people have paid and they take it off as they are walking out before they get out the door.

Another thing that pisses me off is people coming up to me and talking to me/asking me questions.  It hasn't happened loads but it has a few times. 

Going to get this

Covidtshirt" border="0

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #18356 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 08:15:36 PM »
Same.  Pisses me off or when people have paid and they take it off as they are walking out before they get out the door.

Another thing that pisses me off is people coming up to me and talking to me/asking me questions.  It hasn't happened loads but it has a few times. 

Going to get this

Covidtshirt" border="0

Yeap, like in restaurants etc.  Soon as you leave the table you should have to put your mask on.

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • The perfect food
« Reply #18357 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 08:38:30 PM »
Saw a dude with a t shirt that said "6 feet away or 6 feet under, your choice" still not sure if it was a death threat or just advice on how social distancing prevents the spread

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #18358 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 08:51:36 PM »
Saw a dude with a t shirt that said "6 feet away or 6 feet under, your choice" still not sure if it was a death threat or just advice on how social distancing prevents the spread
I like that

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #18359 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 09:55:30 PM »
I live near a farm, well many farms and they have been muck spreading and a lot of t***s are complaining about it and questioning if the farmer is in operating within the guidelines.  It was fairly potent because there was no rain and the wind direction was towards the populated areas.  We need to produce more food and the farm most are complaining about is amazing. He is quite a young farmer but he really looks after wildlife.  He does work to promote birds of prey and hand reared some.  He is trying to create a natural ecosystem on his farm which is great. He isn't trying to be an organic farmer but he is by doing everything the right way.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #18360 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 09:58:22 PM »
I just don't understand it. Like don't wear it at all, if thats what you are going to. My other hate is the blokes that reckon they are too nails to wear one. You can literally see it. Like their brain is going "nah I'd batter covid me like, masks are for fannies"

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #18361 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 10:02:44 PM »
6footunder" border="0

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
  • Kent
« Reply #18362 on: Tuesday 22 September 2020, 10:17:38 AM »
I just don't understand it. Like don't wear it at all, if thats what you are going to. My other hate is the blokes that reckon they are too nails to wear one. You can literally see it. Like their brain is going "nah I'd batter covid me like, masks are for fannies"
I was on the train the other day and two lads were sat at the table seats. Masks in hand ready for the train guard in case he came their way. One of them was obviously convinced his s*** f***ing 'tache would prevent any transmission.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #18363 on: Wednesday 23 September 2020, 04:29:15 PM »
Buttons on boxer shorts. Seriously, who is pissing through the button holes?

They can only be there to spontaneously embarrass you by popping open when you are at your most vulnerable.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #18364 on: Wednesday 23 September 2020, 04:31:14 PM »

They can only be there to spontaneously embarrass you by popping open when you are at your most vulnerable.
yeah but you can f*** with your boxers on this way if it's cold. Even your jeans if required.

Offline YankeeToon

• General Member
« Reply #18365 on: Wednesday 23 September 2020, 05:50:19 PM »

I p*ss through the hole, but I just leave them unbuttoned all the time.

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #18366 on: Wednesday 23 September 2020, 07:42:38 PM »

yeah but you can f*** with your boxers on this way if it's cold. Even your jeans if required.

Who said romance was dead?

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #18367 on: Yesterday at 01:10:14 PM »
Whenever Nick Robinson presents the Today Programme. Whenever Laura Kuenssberg is on the Today Programme. Whenever Michael Gove is a guest on the Today Programme.

This is pretty much the only time I ever hear any of the above speak.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #18368 on: Yesterday at 03:36:59 PM »
Kuenssberg 100% right, Gove 100% right but Nick Robinson is alright on Today, I think.  Current dream team pairing is Justin Webb and Mishal Hussain but I can't hate on Robinson.

Related, I thought Evan Davies was going to be an easy hate when he replaced Eddie Mair on PM but I've actually come to like him (still think it should have gone to Paddy O'Connell - if he had wanted it - though, Broadcasting House is generally brilliant).  Mair was an almost impossible act to follow, though, he was absolutely sublime.  Can't be f***ed listening to him on LBC, alas :lol:

• General Member
« Reply #18369 on: Yesterday at 04:49:08 PM »
Kuenssberg 100% right, Gove 100% right but Nick Robinson is alright on Today, I think.  Current dream team pairing is Justin Webb and Mishal Hussain but I can't hate on Robinson.

Related, I thought Evan Davies was going to be an easy hate when he replaced Eddie Mair on PM but I've actually come to like him (still think it should have gone to Paddy O'Connell - if he had wanted it - though, Broadcasting House is generally brilliant).  Mair was an almost impossible act to follow, though, he was absolutely sublime.  Can't be f***ed listening to him on LBC, alas :lol:

In the nicest possible way, I'm not altogether surprised you're a Robinson man.  :lol: Webb and Hussain is the dream ticket. Don't know if you caught Gove talking to Hussain earlier this week? She called him Mr. Gove and he immediately started off by calling her 'Mishal'. He was then just a condescending prick throughout.

Love this bit of Dubya

'Unable to resist a cheap gibe in the baking heat, Bush told the respected BBC journalist: "You'd better cover up your bald head, it's getting hot out."

Robinson replied: "I didn't know you cared". Bush hit back: "I don't"'

James Naughtie was one of my favourites.

Eddie Mair was great Evan Davies is doing solid work. Think it helps that I'm in a better mood usually during PM. I hate whoever it is who has replaced Dimbleby on Any Questions. Just feels like I'm at a Student Union panel meeting.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #18370 on: Yesterday at 04:57:39 PM »

In the nicest possible way, I'm not altogether surprised you're a Robinson man.  :lol: Webb and Hussain is the dream ticket. Don't know if you caught Gove talking to Hussain earlier this week? She called him Mr. Gove and he immediately started off by calling her 'Mishal'. He was then just a condescending prick throughout.

Love this bit of Dubya

'Unable to resist a cheap gibe in the baking heat, Bush told the respected BBC journalist: "You'd better cover up your bald head, it's getting hot out."

Robinson replied: "I didn't know you cared". Bush hit back: "I don't"'

James Naughtie was one of my favourites.

Eddie Mair was great Evan Davies is doing solid work. Think it helps that I'm in a better mood usually during PM. I hate whoever it is who has replaced Dimbleby on Any Questions. Just feels like I'm at a Student Union panel meeting.

Isn't that Bush "hit back" just a bit s***? Am I missing something?
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

• General Member
« Reply #18371 on: Yesterday at 04:58:29 PM »
It's copy pasted from a mirror article. I tried to find the video but couldn't. The delivery is better than 'hit back' suggests.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #18372 on: Yesterday at 05:01:58 PM »
[emoji38] I'm not a Robinson man particularly, I think he's doing OK in the context of Today being a tough gig and the names he's had to follow :)  Naughtie and Humphreys in their pomp were a hell of an act to live up to.

Chris Mason is doing Any Questions, I think. Not great, but i much prefer listening to it without an audience so although the presenter has gone downhill the actual show feels better to me these days

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #18373 on: Yesterday at 05:09:16 PM »
It's copy pasted from a mirror article. I tried to find the video but couldn't. The delivery is better than 'hit back' suggests.

:lol: It was mint. Wasnt he in the buggy by that point?
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

• General Member
« Reply #18374 on: Yesterday at 06:03:08 PM »
[emoji38] I'm not a Robinson man particularly, I think he's doing OK in the context of Today being a tough gig and the names he's had to follow :)  Naughtie and Humphreys in their pomp were a hell of an act to live up to.

Chris Mason is doing Any Questions, I think. Not great, but i much prefer listening to it without an audience so although the presenter has gone downhill the actual show feels better to me these days

:thup: The creeping Questiontimeation of Any Questions really felt like the balloon going up for sensible political discourse.