Author Topic: US Election Clusterf*ckstravaganza - Primaries, etc.  (Read 214274 times)

DoctorBeaker and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Carmel, California
Re: US Election Clusterf*ckstravaganza - Primaries, etc.
« Reply #9050 on: Monday 30 March 2020, 09:57:21 PM »
Colorado down to five days between numbers doubling, as opposed to the 1.5 days at the peak. :clap:

Nice, I loved Colorado when I've visited.  Loved the downtown area around coors field, and obviously the out doors stuff in other cities.  One of the few states I'd consider relocating to.

Best thing I ever did was move to Denver a little over five years ago.

If I could move anywhere that's where I'd move too :thup:

hey, have you been feeling better? You had some symptoms a little while ago, right?
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #9051 on: Monday 30 March 2020, 09:58:44 PM »
Colorado down to five days between numbers doubling, as opposed to the 1.5 days at the peak. :clap:

Nice, I loved Colorado when I've visited.  Loved the downtown area around coors field, and obviously the out doors stuff in other cities.  One of the few states I'd consider relocating to.

hey, have you been feeling better? You had some symptoms a little while ago, right?

I was coincidentally sick a few weeks ago and my sister is in quarantine right now with most of the symptoms but not the "we have to test you asap" symptoms. So she's suffering at home waiting to see which way it goes.

Offline YankeeToon

• General Member
« Reply #9052 on: Monday 30 March 2020, 11:50:55 PM »
If you're not watching Trump's nightly Coronavirus shitfest, here's the summary:

He started out by accusing nurses of hoarding or stealing face masks.

Trump: "There is something going on. I don't know if it is hoarding. It is maybe worse than hoarding ... for years, 10 to 20,000 masks. Okay. It's a New York City hospital. It's packed all the time. How do you go from 10 to 20 to 300,000? 10 to 20,000 masks, to 300,000 ... even though this is different. Something is going on. And you ought to look into it as reporters. Where are the masks going? Are they going out the back door? How do you go from 10,000 to 300,000? Uh, and we have that in a lot of different places. So ... somebody should probably look into that, 'cause I just don't see from a practical standpoint how that's possible to go from that to that, and we have that happening in numerous places..."

He then accused hospitals of "hoarding" ventilators.

He does this several times throughout the briefing, Suggesting New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, and medical personnel, specifically nurses, are conspiring to overinflate the number of ventilators and masks needed.

Again, he does this more than once.

Trump then admits there actually ARE shortages, but blames Obama. Saying that it's like how the military was out of bullets when he took over. None of this has any basis in reality whatsoever, but the toadies in the background are all nodding like this is fact.

This is beyond gaslighting.

This is a radioactive gas cloud.

This is like watching the Soviet government press briefings about Chernobyl, when the reactor was still burning and the Russians didn't realize we could actually SEE it from orbit and that radiation meters were sounding the alarm over half the planet.

Trump then talks about immigrants and how keeping them out of America probably prevented us from getting the plague and everybody behind him has this carefully practiced expressionless Soviet face on, and then bizarrely Trump randomly pivots to explaining how he didn't know until TODAY that 2.2 MILLION AMERICANS will likely die if we don't maintain social distancing -- even though that number was specifically briefed IN FRONT of him two weeks ago on national TV.

Naturally, now that Trump is suddenly aware of the probability of 2.2 MILLION DEATHS, he never said he was going to order America back to work by Easter. That was, uh, um, well, you see, um, just "aspirational."

The man who always speaks bluntly, is suddenly talking in metaphor and parable.

A QANN "reporter" asks Trump why his approval ratings are so high, is it because he's so awesome? Trump admits that he is.

Someone else asks about Americans facing eviction on April 1st. Trump says "I think landlords will take it easy."

Trump goes after reporter Yacmiche Alcindor for daring to ask about his repeated attacks on various governors. Trump angrily says, "We sent thousands of generators to New York ... the people in New York never distribute it the generators."

It takes a minute to figure out that when Trump says "generators" he probably means "ventilators." He does this repeatedly.

A reporter asks why Florida has 100% of their requests for supplies from the national strategic stockpile filled, but Massachusetts has not? Instead of answering, Trump says: "I was on the call yesterday with the governors and they were happy with the job we are doing."

The governors, who he noted the day before, he refuses to call. He was on the phone with them. They're happy he says, despite the fact that he was just this morning talking about how they're not happy and they should be.

Trump then segues into: "The biggest problem was the test didn't work. That was not from us. That has been there a long time" and suggests that the fault lies with Obama.

The tests in question were developed by the CDC, WITHIN THE LAST 3 MONTHS. Literally since the beginning of THIS year. Obama has been out of office for nearly 4 years now.

Then, bizarrely -- or not, given that this the new normal -- Trump says: "You will see drugs being used like nobody has ever used them before, and people are going to be dying all over the place."

I thought at first he was talking about his repeated claims about untested drugs as a cure for the coronavirus. You know, aquarium cleaner. But, instead, he was talking about drug ABUSE. Not sure by who, but you can probably guess.  You know what happens when "those" people stay home with nothing to do.

A CNN reporter tries to get Trump back to his comments about the governors of blue states having to be more "appreciative." Trump screams at him, "YOUR STATEMENT IS A LIE!"

The reporter was LITERALLY quoting Trump's own statement.

Literally quoting Trump.

Trump called those words a lie. I mean, he's not wrong, but still...

As proof of this, Trump starts bragging about how his press briefings are getting better ratings than The Bachelor  and Monday Night Football.

"The enemy is death," declares Trump.

And we're done. Thanks for coming everybody. Hope to see you all tomorrow for another exciting episode of "Reality TV President!"

God I f***ing hate trump.

A lot of that is pretty disingenuous. Not all, and he rambles like a moron, but a lot.  I see you didn't link a source.

I mean, it's an opinion post, they generally don't strive for objectivity. But the source is Jim Wright on Facebook.

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #9053 on: Yesterday at 12:02:41 AM »

:lol:

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #9054 on: Yesterday at 12:05:41 AM »
*sigh*

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #9056 on: Yesterday at 01:26:29 AM »

Denver is ace and Cuba is an excellent host. :thup:

Online loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #9057 on: Yesterday at 04:19:36 AM »
Trump 'hasn't heard about testing being a problem'.  Possibly he would have heard about it if he actually listened to people.  Notable that Fauci actually sounds interested in helping whereas Trump is full of the same bullshit you see in his press conferences.

Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #9058 on: Yesterday at 04:43:18 AM »
The wildest bit is that he's gonna win some of the states that he's f***ing over right now.

Also he's gonna get re-elected and Biden will be the nominee despite being in a Lex Luthor bunker.

Online loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #9059 on: Yesterday at 05:08:14 AM »
The wildest bit is that he's gonna win some of the states that he's f***ing over right now.

Also he's gonna get re-elected and Biden will be the nominee despite being in a Lex Luthor bunker.

I reckon the number of deaths will come in way below what is currently being predicted and he'll take all the credit for it.  4 more years and then President Ivanka / Jared / Eric / Don Jr.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #9060 on: Yesterday at 07:22:30 AM »

:lol:

:spit:

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #9061 on: Yesterday at 10:19:53 AM »
He directs the subject on to his knowledge of Soeul so forcibly and confidently too.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #9062 on: Yesterday at 10:24:26 AM »
He’s so smug that he’s looked up a figure and is going to be able to hit her with some facts. :lol:

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #9063 on: Yesterday at 03:24:07 PM »
If you're not watching Trump's nightly Coronavirus shitfest, here's the summary:

Trump: "There is something going on. I don't know if it is hoarding. It is maybe worse than hoarding ... for years, 10 to 20,000 masks. Okay. It's a New York City hospital. It's packed all the time. How do you go from 10 to 20 to 300,000? 10 to 20,000 masks, to 300,000 ... even though this is different. Something is going on. And you ought to look into it as reporters. Where are the masks going? Are they going out the back door? How do you go from 10,000 to 300,000? Uh, and we have that in a lot of different places. So ... somebody should probably look into that, 'cause I just don't see from a practical standpoint how that's possible to go from that to that, and we have that happening in numerous places..."

He does this several times throughout the briefing, Suggesting New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, and medical personnel, specifically nurses, are conspiring to overinflate the number of ventilators and masks needed.

Trump then admits there actually ARE shortages, but blames Obama. Saying that it's like how the military was out of bullets when he took over. None of this has any basis in reality whatsoever, but the toadies in the background are all nodding like this is fact.

This is like watching the Soviet government press briefings about Chernobyl, when the reactor was still burning and the Russians didn't realize we could actually SEE it from orbit and that radiation meters were sounding the alarm over half the planet.

Trump then talks about immigrants and how keeping them out of America probably prevented us from getting the plague and everybody behind him has this carefully practiced expressionless Soviet face on, and then bizarrely Trump randomly pivots to explaining how he didn't know until TODAY that 2.2 MILLION AMERICANS will likely die if we don't maintain social distancing -- even though that number was specifically briefed IN FRONT of him two weeks ago on national TV.

Naturally, now that Trump is suddenly aware of the probability of 2.2 MILLION DEATHS, he never said he was going to order America back to work by Easter. That was, uh, um, well, you see, um, just "aspirational."

A QANN "reporter" asks Trump why his approval ratings are so high, is it because he's so awesome? Trump admits that he is.

Someone else asks about Americans facing eviction on April 1st. Trump says "I think landlords will take it easy."

Trump goes after reporter Yacmiche Alcindor for daring to ask about his repeated attacks on various governors. Trump angrily says, "We sent thousands of generators to New York ... the people in New York never distribute it the generators."

It takes a minute to figure out that when Trump says "generators" he probably means "ventilators." He does this repeatedly.

A reporter asks why Florida has 100% of their requests for supplies from the national strategic stockpile filled, but Massachusetts has not? Instead of answering, Trump says: "I was on the call yesterday with the governors and they were happy with the job we are doing."

The governors, who he noted the day before, he refuses to call. He was on the phone with them. They're happy he says, despite the fact that he was just this morning talking about how they're not happy and they should be.

Trump then segues into: "The biggest problem was the test didn't work. That was not from us. That has been there a long time" and suggests that the fault lies with Obama.

The tests in question were developed by the CDC, WITHIN THE LAST 3 MONTHS. Literally since the beginning of THIS year. Obama has been out of office for nearly 4 years now.

Then, bizarrely -- or not, given that this the new normal -- Trump says: "You will see drugs being used like nobody has ever used them before, and people are going to be dying all over the place."

I thought at first he was talking about his repeated claims about untested drugs as a cure for the coronavirus. You know, aquarium cleaner. But, instead, he was talking about drug ABUSE. Not sure by who, but you can probably guess.  You know what happens when "those" people stay home with nothing to do.

A CNN reporter tries to get Trump back to his comments about the governors of blue states having to be more "appreciative." Trump screams at him, "YOUR STATEMENT IS A LIE!"

Literally quoting Trump.

As proof of this, Trump starts bragging about how his press briefings are getting better ratings than The Bachelor  and Monday Night Football.

And we're done. Thanks for coming everybody. Hope to see you all tomorrow for another exciting episode of "Reality TV President!"

A lot of that is pretty disingenuous. Not all, and he rambles like a moron, but a lot.  I see you didn't link a source.

Must.Be.Contrarian
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline bobloblaw

• General Member
« Reply #9064 on: Yesterday at 04:16:55 PM »

Literally quoting Trump.

Must.Be.Contrarian

Pointing out that a random facebook post took quite a few liberties with the truth is "being contrarian."  Enjoy your echo chamber.

Online loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #9065 on: Yesterday at 04:18:38 PM »
Just out of interest, how do you think things are going over there, @bobloblaw?

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #9066 on: Yesterday at 04:34:55 PM »
I didn't take the post too seriously, and I'm not super-concerned about what some random's opinion is on Trump. I am super-concerned about what my President is saying. It's beyond a joke, and here's my source:

Check out the guy's feed and you see a series of clips from the conference the guy in that post was criticizing. It just feels like pointing out that a Facebook post is biased is considerably less important than the underlying point that our President is really, really struggling.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Carmel, California
« Reply #9067 on: Yesterday at 05:18:19 PM »
I didn't take the post too seriously, and I'm not super-concerned about what some random's opinion is on Trump. I am super-concerned about what my President is saying. It's beyond a joke, and here's my source:

Check out the guy's feed and you see a series of clips from the conference the guy in that post was criticizing. It just feels like pointing out that a Facebook post is biased is considerably less important than the underlying point that our President is really, really struggling.

...and that he is actually saying insane s***. He contradicts his experts regularly, contradicts himself at least a couple of time a week, seemingly threatens states with equipment, claims that nurses might be hoarding PPE, etc. It is not disingenuous to mention all this. It is easily verifiable through video of his press conferences, and circle jerks with Sean Hannity. He is doing about as poorly as possible.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #9068 on: Yesterday at 05:39:47 PM »

Literally quoting Trump.

Must.Be.Contrarian

Pointing out that a random facebook post took quite a few liberties with the truth is "being contrarian."  Enjoy your echo chamber.

Fine, i'll bite. This f***ing incessant need to find some sort of small pedantic nitpick in terms of what Trump is saying and the reporting of it isn't me living in an echo chamber. Why is your first thought to try and find some way of making his actions, his utter bullshit spewing from his mouth at every presser "not as bad". It's a pointless exercise and it's beyond tiresome. I don't have an echo chamber, I've watched his briefings, I've read what he has said, I've seen it with my own eyes. The only echo chamber is the one you live in, where you have to find some sort of counter balance to his idiocy. I can't imagine why or how anyone would bother. But here we are.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #9069 on: Yesterday at 06:58:31 PM »
Spot on Doon. You earn the benefit of the doubt, he's done the exact f***ing opposite since the moment he walked through the door. Before even.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #9070 on: Yesterday at 07:05:25 PM »
Spot on Doon. You earn the benefit of the doubt, he's done the exact f***ing opposite since the moment he walked through the door. Before even.

:clap: (to you too Doon)
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Sacramento, California
« Reply #9071 on: Today at 12:34:49 AM »

Looks kind of familiar...

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #9072 on: Today at 12:38:35 AM »
:lol: Why is life a crowd shot from Fifa.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Sacramento, California
« Reply #9073 on: Today at 12:40:50 AM »
His doctors come from an early pitch for The Big Lebowski where the Dude goes to medical school so he can write himself prescriptions for Xanax and Vicoden.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #9074 on: Today at 12:53:00 AM »
:lol: I mean, if my doctor looked like he owned a van I feel like I'd get a new doctor.