Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 132914 times)

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
Re: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions
« Reply #2975 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 05:17:33 pm »
Oh, and LOST is the absolute worst. I read their bible and pitch decks doing research for my own project, and holy jesus f***ing christ. Nothing was planned. The first season wasn’t f***ing planned. The polar bear was there because they thought it was cool, noting «we’ll make up a reason later, don’t ask» to the staff writers, as well as saying the smoke cloud was just there because they needed a supernatural mystery, and again, they’d make up something later.

I have no idea how Lindelof gets to continue making s***. Life is the worst.

I'm sure these revelations come as a real shock to everyone. What a scoop.

You only had to watch the show to know they were making it up as they went along.

Yes and no, the general standpoint of a LOST fan at the time was that they’ve of course planned things and that it will all be worth it in the end. The general standpoint of someone not absorbed in the LOST bubble was «wtf is this s***?».

correct, all the agonising about what it all meant :lol:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #2976 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 05:34:17 pm »
In fairness it probably is only since my rewatches that I've come to admit the fact. :lol: My most recent rewatch I found it very tedious by mid season 2. Still, enjoyed the ride enormously when it was happening; had never seen anything like it before.

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #2977 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 06:01:31 pm »
Started The Haunting of Hill House and I already couldnt watch the intro. f***ing hate and love these kind of shows.
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #2978 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 06:51:25 pm »
the good place hooked me in real good
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #2979 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 06:56:20 pm »
I have no idea how Lindelof gets to continue making s***. Life is the worst.

Daddy issues. Everything is Daddy issues.

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #2980 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 08:07:47 pm »
In fairness it probably is only since my rewatches that I've come to admit the fact. :lol: My most recent rewatch I found it very tedious by mid season 2. Still, enjoyed the ride enormously when it was happening; had never seen anything like it before.

Horrible when you go back to something and it's like that like. I tend to find that most programmes that rely on cliffhangers are like that and the second time you watch it it loses almost everything that made it good. Off the top of my head Game of Thrones, 24, and Breaking Bad have all been like that for me. I thought Lost was daft at the time because of how forced the randomness felt, at the time I felt like it was just trying to be like Twin Peaks and that they'd never be able to explain everything. If they'd been able to explain everything and make it entertaining it probably would have been incredible like.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #2981 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 08:09:11 pm »

:lol: It's quietly unbelievable.

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #2982 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 08:14:12 pm »

Horrible when you go back to something and it's like that like. I tend to find that most programmes that rely on cliffhangers are like that and the second time you watch it it loses almost everything that made it good. Off the top of my head Game of Thrones, 24, and Breaking Bad have all been like that for me. I thought Lost was daft at the time because of how forced the randomness felt, at the time I felt like it was just trying to be like Twin Peaks and that they'd never be able to explain everything. If they'd been able to explain everything and make it entertaining it probably would have been incredible like.

The fun with LOST came from talking to your mates and people at work about as you waited a week for the next episode.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #2983 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 08:24:00 pm »

The fun with LOST came from talking to your mates and people at work about as you waited a week for the next episode.

:thup: Absolutely. My best mate is basically my best mate because of Lost. Feel like it was the first show that really did what you've described - certainly for me - so it very much has a seat in TV's Hall Of Fame, even if it's essentially quite dated now.

Disagree with KI re BB and early-season GoT. The first is a masterpiece and, with the second, it was the convincing world and characters they built that really drew you in. It's lost it's edge well and truly now, like.

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #2984 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 08:40:01 pm »
Have you gone back to Breaking Bad? It lost a big part of it for me like.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #2985 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 09:38:41 pm »
With all the new TV shows available now I'm amazed anyone has the time or inclination to rewatch a TV show.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #2986 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 10:15:59 pm »

I’ve caught up now, I’m gutted :lol:

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #2987 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 10:16:07 pm »
Been gradually working my way through S2 of the office. So good and much better to come. Skipped S1 as don't remember it hitting it's stride till second series. Not enough Creed and Stanley but the warehouse/union episode is killer.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #2988 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 10:33:23 pm »

Tahani was unreal this week.

:lol: Absolutely s**** having to wait a week, though. No idea how we put up with this before the future started.

Online Si

• General Member
« Reply #2989 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 10:52:08 pm »

Tahani was unreal this week.

:lol: Absolutely s**** having to wait a week, though. No idea how we put up with this before the future started.

Oh forgot about this week's so going in now.

Also is anyone watching the Purge series. It's exactly what you expect but I love the concept of the films though not always the execution.
Bearings Straight!

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #2990 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 11:08:32 pm »
Just started watching The Good Place. Its pretty good like. Kristen Bell is lush.

Online Si

• General Member
« Reply #2991 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 11:14:34 pm »
@Mike The keying the car cos you wouldn't shut up during John Wick line :lol: man I love Kristen Bell.
Bearings Straight!

Online Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #2992 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 12:05:25 am »
Started watching 'The Good Place' thanks to this thread. It's absolutely class.

:thup:

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #2993 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 12:08:05 am »
Sixth episode of Forever was very, very good. :thup:

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #2994 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 12:46:13 am »
Y’all are absolutely crazy about Big Mouth. S2:E2 holy s*** I haven’t laughed that much in so long.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #2995 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 12:49:23 am »
Y’all are absolutely crazy about Big Mouth. S2:E2 holy s*** I haven’t laughed that much in so long.

I'll give it another go. Based on previous posts we seem to have similar taste in TV shows in general, so might've not given this a fair shake.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #2996 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 04:32:34 am »

:lol: Went direct to this ep. I guess I'm just not feeling it.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #2997 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 11:29:12 am »
eeeeeh how did i completely miss iron fist s2? :lol:

had no idea whatsoever it even existed