Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 214447 times)

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • GET THE F*CK OFF THE STAGE!
Re: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions
« Reply #1375 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 04:37:21 PM »
It'll just be a new island with different people, not the same characters recast.

:lol: But we already know they're f***ing dead. The entire appeal to Lost was when everyone was like "They're f***ing dead" after the pilot and the creators were like "Nuh uh!" and then we watched that bag of absolute f***ing s*** for like a decade to find out they were f***ing dead.

We already know that, and we already know everyone involved is full of s***.

They weren’t dead though were they? I thought the finale specifically said the Island was real and they all died at different points in time? Or am I way off here? :lol:

:lol: Because everyone said "They're f***ing dead" during the first ad break of the pilot. So they fudged it just enough to be like "Oh, they're dead, but not like how you said." It's Pardew speak. We lost because of the fans cheering, not because I'm f***ing s***.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #1376 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 04:46:48 PM »
:lol:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #1377 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 04:47:17 PM »
It'll just be a new island with different people, not the same characters recast.

:lol: But we already know they're f***ing dead. The entire appeal to Lost was when everyone was like "They're f***ing dead" after the pilot and the creators were like "Nuh uh!" and then we watched that bag of absolute f***ing s*** for like a decade to find out they were f***ing dead.

Yeah but I pretended they were alive for thinking for even a moment they were dead and the whole thing was lame would test my sanity.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1378 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 05:18:58 PM »

:lol: spot on

firetotheworks

« Reply #1379 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 05:23:33 PM »
Didn't everyone massively kick off on here when the ending happened? I'm sure there was drama.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #1380 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 05:40:09 PM »
Well I banned Ste for revealing the 'twist' in a thread other than the LOST one. :lol:

Sorry dude. O0
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

firetotheworks

« Reply #1381 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 05:46:28 PM »
Ah yeah, that was it. :lol:

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #1382 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 07:14:15 PM »

Nope.

Love the judgeyness from those who never actually watched it.

Lost had its flaws but it was a brilliant ride. Would obviously be slightly interested in a reboot, but mostly cynical. It really needs to lie.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1383 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 07:36:27 PM »
Motherfucker I watched the whole thing :lol:

It was decently entertaining during my teenage years and the first few seasons were really good. But it so clearly lost the plot, no pun intended, and by the end it was a show you watched just to see how it ended. And the ending was hot garbage.

I’ve never once felt the urge to rewatch it and I’m not at all intrigued by a reboot, which is a further indictment of the state of Hollywood today (preemptive ‘settle down, Kaiz’ :lol:)

firetotheworks

« Reply #1384 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 07:55:05 PM »

[emoji38] But we already know they're f***ing dead. The entire appeal to Lost was when everyone was like "They're f***ing dead" after the pilot and the creators were like "Nuh uh!" and then we watched that bag of absolute f***ing s*** for like a decade to find out they were f***ing dead.

[emoji38] spot on

Nope.

Lost had its flaws but it was a brilliant ride. Would obviously be slightly interested in a reboot, but mostly cynical. It really needs to lie.
Everyone watched SOME of Lost, man. [emoji38]

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #1385 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 08:24:00 PM »

Nope.

:lol: I watched every episode every god damn week. I gave so much of a s*** about all of those dumb mysteries.

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #1386 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 08:59:37 PM »
Fair enough fair enough. :thup:

You just didn't understand the ending then. :pow:

But nah I do agree with the thoughts on here about the reboot. Lost absolutely has its place in TV history, but even I can admit that it jumped the shark. It doesn't need rebooting, it needs to be learned from - as in its good bits and its mistakes.

I think that has probably happened, fwiw. I can't point out a specific drama that was obviously influenced by Lost, but as one of the first big contributors to binge culture, writers elsewhere will have surely learnt from the show in terms of storytelling that works for passionate audiences.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #1387 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 09:00:52 PM »

[emoji38] But we already know they're f***ing dead. The entire appeal to Lost was when everyone was like "They're f***ing dead" after the pilot and the creators were like "Nuh uh!" and then we watched that bag of absolute f***ing s*** for like a decade to find out they were f***ing dead.

[emoji38] spot on

Nope.

I watched approximately zero seconds of Lost. It looked like s*** from the get go and the fact that a group of my friends became obsessive about it turned me off even more.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #1388 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 09:02:37 PM »
Cuba you're the cool one, mate.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #1389 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 10:21:40 PM »
Cuba you're the cool one, mate.

Thanks, dude.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #1390 on: Thursday 11 January 2018, 01:09:09 AM »
Anyone know anything about La casa de papel?

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1391 on: Thursday 11 January 2018, 01:26:59 AM »

:lol: I just turned that s*** on

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
« Reply #1392 on: Thursday 11 January 2018, 01:31:32 AM »

[emoji38] spot on

Nope.

I watched approximately zero seconds of Lost. It looked like s*** from the get go and the fact that a group of my friends became obsessive about it turned me off even more.

With you there. Never had any interest in seeing it. Only saw one season of 24 as well. Had enough of it afternoon first season.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #1393 on: Thursday 11 January 2018, 01:50:55 AM »
 :lol: 24. A show made for my parents if there ever was one.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #1394 on: Thursday 11 January 2018, 02:50:03 AM »
24 was great when it came out, but it really hasn't aged well.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
« Reply #1395 on: Thursday 11 January 2018, 04:10:22 AM »
Watching Dark. Why the f***...
Spoiler
[close]
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1396 on: Thursday 11 January 2018, 07:31:18 AM »
Watching Dark. Why the f***...
Spoiler
[close]
Settle down Biff
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #1397 on: Thursday 11 January 2018, 02:02:20 PM »

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #1398 on: Thursday 11 January 2018, 02:28:49 PM »

[emoji38] I just turned that s*** on
Good?

Started it last night and you get the heist starting in the first episode and some top quality Spanish titties. Only caught the first two so far but reminds me a bit of Inside man. Was sold as soon as I saw the girl who plays Tokyo to be honest :lol:

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1399 on: Thursday 11 January 2018, 02:34:37 PM »
Anyone watched sense8 or something? My wife has been watching it and she's going on like it's a permanent orgy on screen, birds shagging each other with strap ons and that [emoji38]

Needless to say I'll be getting to it.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire