Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 214380 times)

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions
« Reply #1350 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 03:27:46 AM »
:lol:

Offline Pip

• General Member
« Reply #1351 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 04:39:23 AM »
Alphago on Netflix is a great documentary. Enjoyed it very much.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • The greatest movie ever sold
« Reply #1352 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 05:23:29 AM »
Reboot of LOST unofficially in the works.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1353 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 06:53:33 AM »
Also, since there's some Roseanne discussion going on. The ending of that show is retconned now with the new season coming up. All the reveals at the end of the final episode were apparently bullshit and the story continues not taking it into account.

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #1354 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 10:28:29 AM »
With an actual plan this time?

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1355 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 10:56:35 AM »
With an actual plan this time?

Literally the same showrunner in Cuse.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #1356 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 11:37:49 AM »

Looking forward to that having re-watched the original twice. :)

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #1357 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 11:55:41 AM »
Anyone watched the Spanish heist series La Casa de papel? Looks promising from the trailer.

firetotheworks

« Reply #1358 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 12:05:47 PM »

Is it by the same production team/writers and with the same cast?

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1359 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 12:12:59 PM »

Is it by the same production team/writers and with the same cast?

Same showrunner (Carlton Cuse) but a full reboot. Not officially announced yet so changes may come. Just saw it pop up under "in development" earlier today on Variety Insight.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #1360 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 12:21:42 PM »
Is there even any appetite for it?!

firetotheworks

« Reply #1361 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 12:24:07 PM »
It seems like a really weird thing to reboot like. I thought it was a load of rubbish, but it's got a pretty adoring following for it hasn't it?

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #1362 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 12:54:49 PM »

The Rock playing John Locke and James Corden as Hurley. Oh yes. All over that mate.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #1363 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 01:00:37 PM »
Just watched that documentary that's on there about Rick Ross. Definitely recommend.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #1364 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 01:24:34 PM »

The Rock playing John Locke and James Corden as Hurley. Oh yes. All over that mate.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #1365 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 01:53:54 PM »
A LOST reboot. :lol: 

Go get f***ed.  I hope everyone shuns it, it would be absolutely deserved. 

The only thing they could do that would be remotely justified (and that's to say, please don't bother) would be to look into the Hurley & Ben era, or perhaps some spin off from some time on the island, but a total reboot stinks of him (Carlton c***) trying to cash in on the new found obsession with TV shows. 

To be honest, I always thought LOST was lucky to do as well as it did.  It was hardly peak times for TV.  It was all sort of just beginning to take off, with the exception of HBO who already had Oz, Six Feet Under, The Wire and The Sopranos to its name. 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #1366 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 01:56:23 PM »
A LOST reboot. :lol: 

Go get f***ed.  I hope everyone shuns it, it would be absolutely deserved. 

The only thing they could do that would be remotely justified (and that's to say, please don't bother) would be to look into the Hurley & Ben era, or perhaps some spin off from some time on the island, but a total reboot stinks of him (Carlton c***) trying to cash in on the new found obsession with TV shows. 

To be honest, I always thought LOST was lucky to do as well as it did.  It was hardly peak times for TV.  It was all sort of just beginning to take off, with the exception of HBO who already had Oz, Six Feet Under, The Wire and The Sopranos to its name. 

Would re-set it in the 19th century or summink....

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #1367 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 04:01:19 PM »
It'll just be a new island with different people, not the same characters recast.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • GET THE F*CK OFF THE STAGE!
« Reply #1368 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 04:10:38 PM »
It'll just be a new island with different people, not the same characters recast.

:lol: But we already know they're f***ing dead. The entire appeal to Lost was when everyone was like "They're f***ing dead" after the pilot and the creators were like "Nuh uh!" and then we watched that bag of absolute f***ing s*** for like a decade to find out they were f***ing dead.

We already know that, and we already know everyone involved is full of s***.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #1369 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 04:22:52 PM »
:lol: Let it all out Mike. You've been holding this in, I can tell.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #1370 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 04:23:07 PM »
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #1371 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 04:24:58 PM »

:lol: But we already know they're f***ing dead. The entire appeal to Lost was when everyone was like "They're f***ing dead" after the pilot and the creators were like "Nuh uh!" and then we watched that bag of absolute f***ing s*** for like a decade to find out they were f***ing dead.

We already know that, and we already know everyone involved is full of s***.

They weren’t dead though were they? I thought the finale specifically said the Island was real and they all died at different points in time? Or am I way off here? :lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #1372 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 04:28:29 PM »
You're right, Mike's not quite being right. 

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #1373 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 04:28:40 PM »
:yao:  Trying to make sense of that finale.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #1374 on: Wednesday 10 January 2018, 04:29:07 PM »
Everyone should watch The Good Place btw.