Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 213751 times)

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
Re: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions
« Reply #1300 on: Monday 8 January 2018, 05:08:04 PM »
The Friends co-creator responded to it last year actually, saying the person who came up with it needed to get a life:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/entertainment/news/a38153/friends-alternate-ending-fan-theory-phoebe/

What an absolute c*** :lol:

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1301 on: Monday 8 January 2018, 05:17:40 PM »
The Friends co-creator responded to it last year actually, saying the person who came up with it needed to get a life:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/entertainment/news/a38153/friends-alternate-ending-fan-theory-phoebe/

That would have been a great ending like.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #1302 on: Monday 8 January 2018, 05:40:11 PM »

When Miriam Margolyes was on Graham Norton (she's always great value on there btw) with Matthew Perry, she told him she'd always refused to watch Friends because she met Marta Kaufmann once and hated her too much. :lol:
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #1303 on: Monday 8 January 2018, 05:59:03 PM »
Over the weekend I heard about St Elsewhere's finale. Never seen the show but I can't tell if I like the twist or not :lol:

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #1304 on: Monday 8 January 2018, 06:01:22 PM »
I remember reading about The Rugrats Theroy a while back, not sure if it would’ve been a viable ending :lol:

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rugrats_Theory

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #1305 on: Monday 8 January 2018, 06:21:11 PM »
The HIGNFY Jump The Shark piece is excellent :thup:

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #1306 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 03:57:17 PM »
Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is bloody brilliant. Binging the f*** out of it.
Bearings Straight!

firetotheworks

« Reply #1307 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 03:58:00 PM »
What's it about?

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #1308 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 03:58:50 PM »
It's a a dark Scando  thriller [emoji38]
Bearings Straight!

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #1309 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 04:05:33 PM »
What's it about?

Fake Taxi - hockle + jokes.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #1310 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 05:36:50 PM »
Bit lewd.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #1311 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 05:44:27 PM »

Ah wow, that sounds perfect.  :lol:

Friends is just back on Netflix too.  Might have to watch it from this angle.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #1312 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 05:46:38 PM »
That alternate Friends reality is a miserable idea and wouldn't have remotely been in-keeping with the rest of the show.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #1313 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 05:47:39 PM »
That alternate Friends reality is a miserable idea and wouldn't have remotely been in-keeping with the rest of the show.
Would probably have gone down as the most memorable ending ever mind. :lol:

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #1314 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 05:50:50 PM »
Just ask Dexter if they were happy with 'memorable' :lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #1315 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 05:54:01 PM »
It wasn't memorable?  Just terrible.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #1316 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 05:54:07 PM »
Friends already ranks pretty high, but without hyperbole I think that ending would make Friends the best comedy ever written. It’s brutal :lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #1317 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 05:56:14 PM »
Friends already ranks pretty high, but without hyperbole I think that ending would make Friends the best comedy ever written. It’s brutal :lol:

Put it this way, the ending was s**** as it was.  Obviously it was nice for all the sentimental superfans, but was a typical nondescript sitcom finale. 

The outrage at that potential ending would've been spectacular, but of course Yorkie is correct.  The writers would never have been capable of coming up with something like that, let alone executing the idea.

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #1318 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 05:57:34 PM »
Friends already ranks pretty high, but without hyperbole I think that ending would make Friends the best comedy ever written. It’s brutal [emoji38]
It's the umbrellas that really makes it genius.
Bearings Straight!

firetotheworks

« Reply #1319 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 06:35:01 PM »
I don't think many will have taken the suggestion this seriously tbf. [emoji38]

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #1320 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 06:36:17 PM »
Look at the replys to the original tweet man :lol:

People genuinely believe the guy is a piece of s*** :lol:

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #1321 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 06:40:31 PM »
Friends already ranks pretty high, but without hyperbole I think that ending would make Friends the best comedy ever written. It’s brutal [emoji38]
It's the umbrellas that really makes it genius.

There's no doubting the cleverness of it, it's just miserable and all-of-a-sudden horribly bleak and depressing, and would have been literally the only scene of its kind in the history of a ten-year show.

firetotheworks

« Reply #1322 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 06:43:20 PM »
I can't see the link, but with it being Twitter, I'll just assume that that's the case. [emoji38] People like that on social media always feel like the majority though. I hope so anyway.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #1323 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 06:44:04 PM »
That’s what would make it though. Like the ending of Blackadder.

Pheobi was an absolute c***, this would make her likeable. I genuinely believe that ending would be amazing :lol:

firetotheworks

« Reply #1324 on: Tuesday 9 January 2018, 06:44:35 PM »
Is there actually anyone on here who genuinely thinks it should have been the ending though? I thought it was all just really obviously tongue in cheek.