Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 214369 times)

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
Re: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions
« Reply #1250 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 10:17:44 AM »
I shouldn't have to search to see what's coming or going. Netflix should have it on their website with a direct link.

No they shouldn't :lol: «Are you a subscriber because of certain films/shows? Check here and see that they’re leaving!»

Horrible business idea :lol:
So you think it's fair that someone can start watching a series e.g. 'Dexter' and then it leaves Netflix with no visible warning when they are half way through?

NOW TV has a "Watch until" date against programmes so you know when it's due to leave.

How that's a "horrible business idea" I'll never know. It's called customer service where I come from.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • The greatest movie ever sold
« Reply #1251 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 10:21:28 AM »
I shouldn't have to search to see what's coming or going. Netflix should have it on their website with a direct link.

No they shouldn't :lol: «Are you a subscriber because of certain films/shows? Check here and see that they’re leaving!»

Horrible business idea :lol:
So you think it's fair that someone can start watching a series e.g. 'Dexter' and then it leaves Netflix with no visible warning when they are half way through?

NOW TV has a "Watch until" date against programmes so you know when it's due to leave.

How that's a "horrible business idea" I'll never know. It's called customer service where I come from.

It’s in the membership terms that titles get added/removed, so yeah. Fully fair.

If they were to continually announce the content that’s leaving it would be very bad PR.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #1252 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 10:28:48 AM »
Really don't get your logic. Who's going to complain if something leaves after they've given notice compared to pulling something without notice?

NOW TV tell you what's leaving. What terrible public relations.  :rolleyes:
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1253 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 10:32:48 AM »
Yeah, it’s not good. They should stop announcing what’s leaving.

Their main pull seems to be day passes and live tv though. Not comparable services as they make their money very differently.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1254 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 10:35:27 AM »
Fwiw, they do tell you that something is leaving. It’s just a bit hidden.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #1255 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 10:46:46 AM »
Really confused as to how making people's lives easier is a bad business decision like?

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1256 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 10:50:40 AM »
Yeah, one line pop up on the show say a month before something goes off doesn't seem like it would break the model.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Jayson

• General Member
« Reply #1257 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 10:52:21 AM »
Yeah, they shouldn't really be lulling people in to pay to watch programmes they may not be able to. That's not good for PR.
Makes sense to give some form of notice.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1258 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 11:09:51 AM »
Yeah, one line pop up on the show say a month before something goes off doesn't seem like it would break the model.

They have that on the show details page. Says it will be removed in less than 30 days.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1259 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 11:10:40 AM »
Really confused as to how making people's lives easier is a bad business decision like?

Because if people are signed on for certain content, and they know that content is being removed, it's far easier to decide to opt out / not sign up than it is if you're already a member and then it's gone. You'll be miffed, but you won't opt out of the service and they'll still get your money.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #1260 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 11:27:47 AM »
Is this backed up by statistics you've seen like Kaiz? I know you've said before that you pay for a service that gives you analytical data for this kind of thing.

firetotheworks

« Reply #1261 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 12:29:02 PM »

Because if people are signed on for certain content, and they know that content is being removed, it's far easier to decide to opt out / not sign up than it is if you're already a member and then it's gone. You'll be miffed, but you won't opt out of the service and they'll still get your money.

Yes, tricking customers into staying is always good for PR. [emoji38]

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1262 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 12:30:03 PM »

Yes, tricking customers into staying is always good for PR. [emoji38]

I feel it's fairly obvious I meant business, and not PR :lol: Didn't even realize how I'd f***ed up there before your post.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #1263 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 12:44:58 PM »
If you don't like the content on a streaming service you could simply quit.....

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #1264 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 04:10:24 PM »
That website seems to be for US Netflix not UK.

It does tell you within individual listings though I agree it's not ideal.

I use the website that sadnesstan posted to keep an eye on what's leaving (and arriving).
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #1265 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 04:13:05 PM »
If they've taken Dexter down when you're halfway through, they've really done you a favour.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #1266 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 04:14:39 PM »
If you've got Sky, Dexter has been added to the 'Box Sets' offerings upon leaving Netflix.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #1267 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 04:16:00 PM »
If they've taken Dexter down when you're halfway through, they've really done you a favour.

:lol: :thup:

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1268 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 04:17:10 PM »

:lol: :thup:

One of the all time worst showrunners these days, Scott Buck. Showrunner of seasons 6, 7 and 8 of Dexter, Iron Fist and Inhumans. All massive successes, obviously. So talented.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #1269 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 04:17:12 PM »
If you've got Sky, Dexter has been added to the 'Box Sets' offerings upon leaving Netflix.

Aye that’s where I’m catching up. I think it’s a shitty thing to do just pull something g when you’re getting into something. To be honest Net Flix is kind of s*** these days. I can watch almost everything on there elsewhere for nowt or the same or cheaper. It’s their own stuff that probably keeps me with them, I.e. Making a Murderer etc.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1270 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 04:17:58 PM »

Aye that’s where I’m catching up. I think it’s a shitty thing to do just pull something g when you’re getting into something. To be honest Net Flix is kind of s*** these days. I can watch almost everything on there elsewhere for nowt or the same or cheaper. It’s their own stuff that probably keeps me with them, I.e. Making a Murderer etc.

Which, you know, is their business plan.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #1271 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 06:24:52 PM »

Definitely this :thup:

Never forgive, never forget.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #1272 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 06:37:32 PM »

Definitely this :thup:

Never forgive, never forget.

First few seasons were class mind.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #1273 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 06:38:42 PM »

Which, you know, is their business plan.

I do, but i don’t see why they have to pull a show and certainly not without warning.

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #1274 on: Sunday 7 January 2018, 06:41:13 PM »
Watch Dexter up to the end of Season four and then knock it on the head.