Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 214370 times)

Offline Disco

• General Member
Re: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions
« Reply #1125 on: Wednesday 29 November 2017, 10:43:15 AM »
Cuba and the Cameraman is a decent docu.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #1126 on: Wednesday 29 November 2017, 03:37:20 PM »
'The Bad Batch' is absolutely terrible. I think it must be meant to be art as it certainly wasn't entertainment.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #1127 on: Thursday 30 November 2017, 04:37:52 PM »
'The Bad Batch' is absolutely terrible. I think it must be meant to be art as it certainly wasn't entertainment.

I wasn't sure about it, I didn't finish it but it had some interesting elements. Canny ridiculous though obviously.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #1128 on: Friday 1 December 2017, 02:36:31 PM »
Haven't watched any yet but 'Dark', the new German show, looks like it could be good.

« Last Edit: Friday 1 December 2017, 02:46:36 PM by ponsaelius »
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #1129 on: Friday 1 December 2017, 05:22:06 PM »
Few episodes into "Godless". Slow paced, but acting is great and beautifully shot. Really liking it so far.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #1130 on: Friday 1 December 2017, 06:14:48 PM »
New season of Frontier has been pretty good. More of the same if you liked the first series.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Lotus

• General Member
« Reply #1131 on: Friday 1 December 2017, 07:38:45 PM »
Watched the 1st episode of The Punisher with the wife. Thought it was poorly scripted, wooden acting, predictable story line, etc.

Following evening I watched a couple more on my own. Thought it was great :lol: Was right there with him. Been looking at Doc Martins online today. My dad was in the army, I can relate!!!!
The aim of science is not to open the door to infinite wisdom, but to set a limit to infinite error.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #1132 on: Friday 1 December 2017, 07:41:49 PM »
First episode was stupid as f*** like.  I'm sure there's all sorts of fancy writer reasons for needing to do it, but it was s***.  Just like murders 4 of his work colleagues, and that's the end of that chapter, thanks, bye, see you never. 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • The greatest movie ever sold
« Reply #1133 on: Friday 1 December 2017, 07:52:50 PM »
Needed to establish the character for people who hadn’t watched Daredevil. Massive rehash and unnecessary info for the ones who’d already watched that though, but had to be done.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #1134 on: Friday 1 December 2017, 07:53:16 PM »
:knuppel2:

O0
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #1135 on: Friday 1 December 2017, 08:38:13 PM »
First episode was class. You knew what was coming especially when the kid joins the crew but that's what made it. The guys a class actor, I thought he nailed it
Bearings Straight!

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #1136 on: Friday 1 December 2017, 08:42:08 PM »
Yeah I liked the first ep, it felt like a pilot (it might have been I dunno). I was just looking forward to him f***ing that daft c*** up.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1137 on: Friday 1 December 2017, 08:43:23 PM »
Straight to series.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1138 on: Saturday 2 December 2017, 06:48:26 PM »
New season of Frontier has been pretty good. More of the same if you liked the first series.

I can’t stand Chesterfield’s fake ass accent :lol:

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
« Reply #1139 on: Sunday 3 December 2017, 07:26:09 AM »
Fans of all things space related should watch Mars. It's a series that's half documentary and half dramatisation of humans going to Mars in the 2030s. There's a lot of Elon Musk and Space X in it too.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #1140 on: Sunday 3 December 2017, 08:09:49 AM »
First two episodes of season 5 vikings on Amazon if anyone’s been watching?

So good.
LGM

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1141 on: Sunday 3 December 2017, 10:04:23 AM »
First two episodes of season 5 vikings on Amazon if anyone’s been watching?

So good.
Ooh forgot it was on there, will have to scope out asap
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #1142 on: Sunday 3 December 2017, 10:47:26 AM »
Haven't watched any yet but 'Dark', the new German show, looks like it could be good.

I like the look of that.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #1143 on: Sunday 3 December 2017, 10:49:59 AM »
I started the new Star Trek, it's decent so far. The Klingons are a lot meaner than in The Next Generation :lol:

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #1144 on: Sunday 3 December 2017, 10:57:07 AM »
It gets a lot better too. I really enjoyed it.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1145 on: Sunday 3 December 2017, 11:55:57 AM »
It gets a lot better too. I really enjoyed it.

I hated every minute of it.

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #1146 on: Sunday 3 December 2017, 11:59:04 AM »
Bearings Straight!

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1147 on: Sunday 3 December 2017, 12:06:36 PM »
It's more the absolute massive waste of potential than it being outright bad.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #1148 on: Monday 4 December 2017, 01:58:13 AM »

I like the look of that.

I just finished it tonight. It's good, especially if you like Sci-Fi stuff, but there's a lot of characters thinly spread and across 3 different time periods. Not only was it hard to to keep track of them all at the beginning, but it also meant they weren't really developed enough by the end to care about what happened to them.

For me it became more like a puzzle that you wanted to see pieced together, which kept it watchable and addictive. The science/time aspect of it is very interesting and leaves you thinking at the end.

Overall worth a watch but not amazing. Also be sure to turn off the terrible dubbing and watch in German with subs.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #1149 on: Monday 4 December 2017, 08:59:40 AM »

I like the look of that.

I just finished it tonight. It's good, especially if you like Sci-Fi stuff, but there's a lot of characters thinly spread and across 3 different time periods. Not only was it hard to to keep track of them all at the beginning, but it also meant they weren't really developed enough by the end to care about what happened to them.

For me it became more like a puzzle that you wanted to see pieced together, which kept it watchable and addictive. The science/time aspect of it is very interesting and leaves you thinking at the end.

Overall worth a watch but not amazing. Also be sure to turn off the terrible dubbing and watch in German with subs.

Yeah someone else we know was watching it and criticised the dubbing until I informed him you can watch it with subtitles. :thup: I'll definitely be doing that.