Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 213760 times)

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions
« Reply #1100 on: Thursday 23 November 2017, 08:22:52 PM »
Yeah, that's the one.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1101 on: Thursday 23 November 2017, 08:23:20 PM »
Yeah, that's the one.
Great choice of song for the scene
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #1102 on: Thursday 23 November 2017, 10:06:34 PM »
Look Who's Back - Adolf Hitler reawakens at the site of his former bunker 70 years later, he's mistaken for a brilliant comedian and becomes a media phenomenon. Good watch. Pretty funny and fairly disturbing too. Roughly half the 'cast' are actors and the rest real people. Their reaction is fairly eye opening...

I enjoyed that.
?s=21

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #1103 on: Thursday 23 November 2017, 10:13:42 PM »
'The Babysitter' - I though it would be s*** (McG directed it) but it was actually fun, gory and a couple of the women stars in it are :megusta:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Babysitter_(2017_film)

Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Online Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1104 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 09:07:35 PM »
Put on Blazing Transfer Students randomly. Ended up watching all eight episodes in one sitting. The f*** did I just watch.

:lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #1105 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 09:20:30 PM »
No idea, but don't think I'll join you. :lol: :aww:
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Online Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1106 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 09:21:38 PM »
It was the weirdest f***ing s***. Couldn’t take my eyes off the screen, just a constant rampage of weird :lol:

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #1107 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 09:39:11 PM »
Anyone else just get an email to do with pricing? Can't even remember what I was paying.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1108 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 09:42:21 PM »
Anyone else just get an email to do with pricing? Can't even remember what I was paying.
Gone up 50p no?
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #1109 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 09:52:46 PM »
It's gone from £7.99 about 3 or 4 years ago to £9.99.  At least the package I'm on anyway, but I can't complain, nowt wrong with that.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #1110 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 10:04:43 PM »
I might get pelters for this but The Ranch is easy viewing. I originally started watching it because I was sick of searching for ages to find something to watch and it kept coming up as a new arrival. The laughter track got on my nerves originally, but in the end it just faded into the background. It has a decent line of actors (plenty of the cast from the 70’s show are in it), and Sam Elliot's character comes out with some decent one liners.

Online Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1111 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 10:07:21 PM »
Watching The Ranch is Mike levels of bad TV choices.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
« Reply #1112 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 10:07:25 PM »
In all honesty I’m still in 2 minds to upgrade to the 4K subscription.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
« Reply #1113 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 10:09:24 PM »
To be fair it’s the 3rd highest binged raced (whole season binged in 24 hours) show on Netflix.

Online Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1114 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 10:10:24 PM »
To be fair it’s the 3rd highest binged raced (whole season binged in 24 hours) show on Netflix.

The Big Bang Theory is still the most watched sitcom on TV today. Popularity does not equal quality.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
« Reply #1115 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 10:14:11 PM »

The Big Bang Theory is still the most watched sitcom on TV today. Popularity does not equal quality.
TBBT was good for 6-8 seasons, people were emotionally invested in the show, hence why they are seeing it out to the end.

Online Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #1116 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 10:15:27 PM »

TBBT was good for 6-8 seasons, people were emotionally invested in the show, hence why they are seeing it out to the end.

:scared:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #1117 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 10:30:25 PM »

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #1118 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 10:33:58 PM »
I think I pay £7.99 now. I'd be comfortable paying £10 probably in it's current form (and it's easy enough to cancel for a while until enough fresh content comes in if you feel a bit jaded).

Tbh I'd probably be happy paying double that if it keeps evolving. I pay £15 for Spotify and it still feels like a ridiculous bargain.

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #1119 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 10:34:09 PM »

Just no
Consider winning

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #1120 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 10:34:43 PM »
Emotionally invested ffs, it's got no depth to it whatsoever.
Consider winning

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #1121 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 10:35:30 PM »

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #1122 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 10:37:08 PM »
I think I pay £7.99 now. I'd be comfortable paying £10 probably in it's current form (and it's easy enough to cancel for a while until enough fresh content comes in if you feel a bit jaded).

Tbh I'd probably be happy paying double that if it keeps evolving. I pay £15 for Spotify and it still feels like a ridiculous bargain.

Why 15 and not 9.99 for Spotify?
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #1123 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 10:37:52 PM »
Wat.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #1124 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 10:40:26 PM »
You get 6 slots so I give the others to family. I pay the full £15 like, I'd rather pay an extra 5er and have 5 other people on the service than not tbh.

If people could be bothered setting something up though they could pay £2.50 each, which is completely insane.