Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 214367 times)

Offline TheInfiniteOdyssey

• General Member
  • I still love it but I used to love it more.
Re: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions
« Reply #1075 on: Saturday 18 November 2017, 05:35:31 PM »
She's not worse than Claire, and that's scientifically backed up.  I take your point though, she's s***.  Just Claire is... :anguish:

Is Claire the nurse? At least she had a purpose.

Karen does f*** all.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #1076 on: Saturday 18 November 2017, 05:46:02 PM »
:lol:

Spoiler
[close]

Offline TheInfiniteOdyssey

• General Member
  • I still love it but I used to love it more.
« Reply #1077 on: Saturday 18 November 2017, 06:25:10 PM »
 :lol:

I tell you who is actually the worst character ever, that oddball neighbor on Jessica Jones, the sister of that dude who had a crush on JJ.

Worst. Ever.

Every scene was so disgustingly embarrassing.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • GET THE F*CK OFF THE STAGE!
« Reply #1078 on: Saturday 18 November 2017, 06:29:12 PM »

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #1079 on: Saturday 18 November 2017, 07:35:58 PM »
f***ing hell, that's an intro to be proud of Marvel.  None of moral pontificating. :snod:

Which became awfully tiring with all the others.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #1080 on: Saturday 18 November 2017, 08:11:23 PM »
Aghdashloo, from Expanse fame, in it. :hmm:
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #1081 on: Saturday 18 November 2017, 08:30:55 PM »
I'm really enjoying this.
Bearings Straight!

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #1082 on: Saturday 18 November 2017, 08:37:04 PM »
Yeah, it's not bogged down (so far, only ep2) in the superhero s****.  Just seems like a show about a mad war vet' on the path of vengeance.  I like.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #1083 on: Saturday 18 November 2017, 08:47:22 PM »
Oh great, here's Karen. :harry:

Offline mattypnufc

• Resident shirt designer extraordinaire
  • General Member
« Reply #1084 on: Saturday 18 November 2017, 09:47:27 PM »
Enjoyed the two episodes so far like. Refreshingly violent.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • The greatest movie ever sold
« Reply #1085 on: Sunday 19 November 2017, 02:42:21 AM »
Finished episode 10. Lewis is high up there on my favourite Netflix Marvel character list. Just such a real character, and Webber is a talented as f*** actor.

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #1086 on: Sunday 19 November 2017, 07:59:17 AM »
Dinah the homeland security agent is incredible.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #1087 on: Sunday 19 November 2017, 12:02:44 PM »
Finished The Sinner. Thought the last couple of episodes were pretty good which meant that overall I enjoyed it.

Some weird moments though and I didn't like any of the characters.

Offline DMC

• General Member
« Reply #1088 on: Sunday 19 November 2017, 05:54:56 PM »
The Punisher Ep12, that was some top level brutal torture and violence.

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #1089 on: Sunday 19 November 2017, 06:08:40 PM »
Just finished 10 it's not what I expected but I love it. It feels like Michael Mann's  Punisher rather than Marvels but the cast are uniformly excellent and it's not sagged yet imho and it's still faithful in a weird way.
Bearings Straight!

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1090 on: Sunday 19 November 2017, 06:47:52 PM »
Just finished the end of ep 3 where he gets his rage on with the Taliban. :notbad:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • The greatest movie ever sold
« Reply #1091 on: Monday 20 November 2017, 01:55:55 AM »
Finished The Punisher. Think that was the best Marvel TV Show so far. No lulls or boring b-plots (the Lewis plot was perhaps even more engaging for me than the main plot) and a steady delivery. Could've used a better villain, but seeing how this season basically was just setting the stage for the "real" Punisher and villains such as Jigsaw makes me alright with it. Really close between it and Jessica Jones though, as Kilgrave was such a great villain - but the feeling of reality and pain in The Punisher really resonated with me, at least. Thoroughly enjoyed every second.

Offline Lotus

• General Member
« Reply #1092 on: Tuesday 21 November 2017, 12:52:22 PM »
Look Who's Back - Adolf Hitler reawakens at the site of his former bunker 70 years later, he's mistaken for a brilliant comedian and becomes a media phenomenon. Good watch. Pretty funny and fairly disturbing too. Roughly half the 'cast' are actors and the rest real people. Their reaction is fairly eye opening...
The aim of science is not to open the door to infinite wisdom, but to set a limit to infinite error.

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #1093 on: Tuesday 21 November 2017, 01:21:00 PM »
Look Who's Back - Adolf Hitler reawakens at the site of his former bunker 70 years later, he's mistaken for a brilliant comedian and becomes a media phenomenon. Good watch. Pretty funny and fairly disturbing too. Roughly half the 'cast' are actors and the rest real people. Their reaction is fairly eye opening...

I put that on my list after reading the book, though I didn't think the book was particularly good. I'll get round to it at some point.

Offline Lotus

• General Member
« Reply #1094 on: Tuesday 21 November 2017, 02:23:39 PM »

I put that on my list after reading the book, though I didn't think the book was particularly good. I'll get round to it at some point.

Really?

I was thinking of reading the book. What was wrong with it?
The aim of science is not to open the door to infinite wisdom, but to set a limit to infinite error.

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #1095 on: Tuesday 21 November 2017, 06:59:07 PM »

Really?

I was thinking of reading the book. What was wrong with it?

I just remember it being a great concept, poorly executed.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1096 on: Thursday 23 November 2017, 04:04:17 PM »
Been binge watching ‘Turn: Washington’s Spies’ lately. Really enjoying it. Your lot are, true to history, the baddies, so fair warning.  ;)

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #1097 on: Thursday 23 November 2017, 07:18:52 PM »
3 episodes into The Punisher now, enjoying it like even though I've more had it on in the background as such.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #1098 on: Thursday 23 November 2017, 07:43:25 PM »
New thread. :rose:

(Taliban episode is really good, and I'm usually against stuff like that).

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1099 on: Thursday 23 November 2017, 08:16:23 PM »
New thread. :rose:

(Taliban episode is really good, and I'm usually against stuff like that).
That the one with the country song where he goes proper radge? Think that sold me tbh
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire