Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 214382 times)

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
Re: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions
« Reply #675 on: Tuesday 13 June 2017, 07:34:45 PM »
The 2nd series of F is for Family is canny good.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #676 on: Wednesday 14 June 2017, 12:36:07 AM »
The 2nd series of F is for Family is canny good.

:thup: I liked the first but I think this one was even better.

Tommy Tahoe :lol:

Offline ToonTastic

• Administrator
  • General Member
« Reply #677 on: Wednesday 14 June 2017, 08:56:22 AM »
Just had to drop by and mention 13 Reasons Why. f***ing hell, what a great programme :clap:
:thup: Already mentioned this in the other thread. So tragic and heartbreaking but it has funny parts as well. Brilliant show.

As someone who is around the age of the characters on the show, I know what goes on and what happens and the show just makes you think the miniscule things you do can have a gargantuan effect on people, some may know that already but the show highlights stuff brilliantly. Just thinking about it makes me depressed. :lol:

But I strongly​ recommend it to anyone who's not seen it yet.

Have to totally disagree haha Feels like a depressing as hell episode of Saved by the bell from back in the day. Dragging myself to the end just because it's such a short series but 8 episodes in and I really couldn't care less about a single character.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #678 on: Wednesday 14 June 2017, 09:30:08 AM »
Yeah I didn't like it much either, the last 2 or 3 episodes are actually really good though and sort of make the whole thing worth it.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #679 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 07:54:11 PM »
Just finished it. "Enjoyed" it. I spent my whole time just sad for that Clay fella.

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #680 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 08:06:58 PM »
Really enjoying Orphan Black. Think I'm on series 3 and it's keeping my attention.
Bearings Straight!

Online r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #681 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 08:13:20 PM »
El chapo.
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #682 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 08:13:22 PM »
I'm being forced through Orange is the New Black.  I'd already seen the first 2 seasons, so it's a particular joy to have to watch both with 'her'. :dave:

Oh yeah, it's pretty s***. :thup:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #683 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 08:13:46 PM »
El chapo.

Good, bad?  Bother, don't bother? 

Looked a bit like a desperate Narcos rehash to me.  From seeing the picture/icon.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Online r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #684 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 08:14:24 PM »
El chapo.

Thread is titled suggestions my friend, that's my suggestion.

I like it a lot but with anything subjective YMMV

Online r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #685 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 08:15:22 PM »
El chapo.

Looked a bit like a desperate Narcos rehash to me.  From seeing the picture/icon.
Lower budget more gritty i'd say.

Given its dual storyline it's clearly inspired by Narcos but enjoyable non the less.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #686 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 08:16:00 PM »
Cooshty. :thup:

Online r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #687 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 08:16:31 PM »

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #688 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 08:25:07 PM »
f***ing loved it.  I mean, like, I always thought "it's Netflix, it'll be s*** but enjoyable", but it's kind of up there with the big boys.  Needs a few more seasons of goodness to cement that BlufPurdi certificate of excellence, but we're getting there. :frantic:

Online r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #689 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 08:30:19 PM »
f***ing loved it.  I mean, like, I always thought "it's Netflix, it'll be s*** but enjoyable", but it's kind of up there with the big boys.  Needs a few more seasons of goodness to cement that BlufPurdi certificate of excellence, but we're getting there. :frantic:
:lol: :thup:

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #690 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 08:49:49 PM »

So. Stoked.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #691 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 08:51:22 PM »
Never understood the fuss with that.  The original or the new stuff.  :undecided:

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #692 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 08:52:31 PM »
Never understood the fuss with that.  The original or the new stuff.  :undecided:
Aye it passed me by too.
Bearings Straight!

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #693 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 08:59:33 PM »
Theres a new Netflix show coming out in the next few days starting Alison Brie, and apparently she gets her bewwwbs out.

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #694 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 10:56:59 PM »
Theres a new Netflix show coming out in the next few days starting Alison Brie, and apparently she gets her bewwwbs out.

The pictures have been out for a while. Kind of disappointing to be honest, she's lost too much weight for the role  :(

firetotheworks

« Reply #695 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 11:21:18 PM »
I'm being forced through Orange is the New Black.  I'd already seen the first 2 seasons, so it's a particular joy to have to watch both with 'her'. :dave:

Oh yeah, it's pretty s***. :thup:
Bane of my life, this s***. It's f***ing terrible.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #696 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 11:29:12 PM »
It's like shiny American Bad Girls without the grittiness or Jim Fenner. s****.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #697 on: Friday 23 June 2017, 12:27:56 PM »

On from today

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #698 on: Friday 23 June 2017, 12:44:51 PM »
Interesting. :thup:

Offline themanupstairs

• General Member
  • nee blasties
« Reply #699 on: Wednesday 28 June 2017, 09:09:55 AM »
Just finished season 1 of Startup on Amazon. Very impressed especially with Edi Gathegi and Martin Freeman especially.

Can't wait for S2 in September!
Fear is the mindkiller