Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 213759 times)

Offline St1pe

• General Member
Re: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions
« Reply #650 on: Wednesday 3 May 2017, 09:39:57 AM »
Just had to drop by and mention 13 Reasons Why. f***ing hell, what a great programme :clap:
:thup: Already mentioned this in the other thread. So tragic and heartbreaking but it has funny parts as well. Brilliant show.

As someone who is around the age of the characters on the show, I know what goes on and what happens and the show just makes you think the miniscule things you do can have a gargantuan effect on people, some may know that already but the show highlights stuff brilliantly. Just thinking about it makes me depressed. :lol:

But I strongly​ recommend it to anyone who's not seen it yet.

2 episodes into this and it seems pretty good so far despite not really buying a couple of the characters - although this seems more of a personal issue I have with American high school type stuff. I tried and gave up watching the 12 Monkeys series and we'd just finished The Lizzie Borden Chronicles so it's nice to be watching something that actually seems well made and interesting.

Online Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #651 on: Thursday 4 May 2017, 10:05:01 AM »
The Bowie documentary 5 years is well worth a watch for fans of his. Ridiculously talented group of people he worked with.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #652 on: Thursday 4 May 2017, 10:38:29 AM »
Is that the one that was on BBC?
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Online Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #653 on: Thursday 4 May 2017, 10:43:13 AM »
Think it may well have been.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #654 on: Thursday 4 May 2017, 09:24:38 PM »
Just had to drop by and mention 13 Reasons Why. f***ing hell, what a great programme :clap:
:thup: Already mentioned this in the other thread. So tragic and heartbreaking but it has funny parts as well. Brilliant show.

As someone who is around the age of the characters on the show, I know what goes on and what happens and the show just makes you think the miniscule things you do can have a gargantuan effect on people, some may know that already but the show highlights stuff brilliantly. Just thinking about it makes me depressed. :lol:

2 episodes into this and it seems pretty good so far despite not really buying a couple of the characters - although this seems more of a personal issue I have with American high school type stuff. I tried and gave up watching the 12 Monkeys series and we'd just finished The Lizzie Borden Chronicles so it's nice to be watching something that actually seems well made and interesting.
:thup: Let me know what you think of it.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #655 on: Tuesday 9 May 2017, 08:35:22 PM »
:lol: Is no one f***ing with Handmaid's Tale? /Bluf

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #656 on: Tuesday 9 May 2017, 08:39:48 PM »
I've actually just 'got' it, finishing off The Leftovers first then I'll, perhaps, jump on that. O0
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #657 on: Tuesday 9 May 2017, 08:41:21 PM »
I've actually just 'got' it, finishing off The Leftovers first then I'll, perhaps, jump on that. O0

:lol: s***. So I'll get on that Expanse then, huh.

Offline Ameritoon

• General Member
« Reply #658 on: Tuesday 9 May 2017, 08:43:17 PM »

I love it so far

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #659 on: Tuesday 9 May 2017, 08:43:49 PM »

I love it so far

It's outrageously well done.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #660 on: Tuesday 9 May 2017, 08:43:53 PM »
I've little doubt I'll tan Handmaid's Tale and you'll still be stoating about halfway through season 1 of The Expanse. :rolleyes:
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #661 on: Tuesday 9 May 2017, 08:45:34 PM »
I've little doubt I'll tan Handmaid's Tale and you'll still be stoating about halfway through season 1 of The Expanse. :rolleyes:

:lol: I'll have you know I finished season 1, motherfucker.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #662 on: Tuesday 9 May 2017, 08:45:56 PM »
Get in!  It's working!

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #663 on: Tuesday 9 May 2017, 08:47:36 PM »
Get in!  It's working!

:lol: I've mostly avoided S2 out of spite.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #664 on: Monday 15 May 2017, 02:32:42 PM »
Has anybody watched this Roger Stone thing?
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #665 on: Monday 15 May 2017, 05:55:49 PM »
Master of None, Season 2. Holy s*** that was good.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #666 on: Monday 15 May 2017, 06:05:41 PM »
Watched the first 3 episodes of Master Of None (S1).

How disappointingly nothing, is it a comedy or like a 'funny' drama? That 'Family' episode :lol: you couldn't get much more saccharine blandness. Occasional laughs, many many groans.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #667 on: Monday 15 May 2017, 06:08:11 PM »

How disappointingly nothing, is it a comedy or like a 'funny' drama? That 'Family' episode :lol: you couldn't get much more saccharine blandness. Occasional laughs, many many groans.

It's worth sticking with - I wasn't keen on the first few episodes but it gets much better as the season goes on.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #668 on: Monday 15 May 2017, 06:23:41 PM »

Man it's crazy how differently people see things.

I honestly think it's the best show currently in production.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #669 on: Monday 15 May 2017, 11:14:48 PM »
Just found out it came out today, can't wait to watch season 2 :thup:

Online Pata

• General Member
  • N-O FF Champ 2018
« Reply #670 on: Monday 15 May 2017, 11:31:58 PM »
Is anybody subscribing to Hulu Plus outside the US? I'm very interested but seems to be some hassle involved.

Online Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #671 on: Tuesday 16 May 2017, 03:44:59 AM »
Is anybody subscribing to Hulu Plus outside the US? I'm very interested but seems to be some hassle involved.

I am. They've f***ed up their apps though, seriously considering cancelling because of it. Absolutely loved Hulu above all other streaming services before their update.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #672 on: Tuesday 16 May 2017, 09:32:59 AM »

Ok so me and my wife finished this last night. I'm emotionally exhausted  :lol:

Would massively recommend this to anyone. It took a few episodes to grab me but it's arguably the best thing I've watched since Breaking Bad. 

Spoiler
[close]

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #673 on: Monday 22 May 2017, 01:21:30 AM »

Ok so me and my wife finished this last night. I'm emotionally exhausted  :lol:

Would massively recommend this to anyone. It took a few episodes to grab me but it's arguably the best thing I've watched since Breaking Bad. 

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #674 on: Monday 22 May 2017, 03:26:15 AM »
Three episodes deep into The Keepers. It's very good (though disturbing).