Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 213431 times)

11Tino11, mouldy_uk (+ 1 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
Re: Netflix suggestions
« Reply #575 on: Tuesday 14 March 2017, 10:27:40 AM »
EDIT - I'm on about the Fear of 13, not the Seven Five.  :buck2:

Watched it a few days ago and did a bit of research on it to see what the guy was up to now.

Turns out he's moved over here, married and had three daughters. The youngest of which was still only a baby when she suddenly died in January this year. Absolutely shocked me. This poor, poor f***ing bloke. As if life hadn't thrown enough at him already. :(

Weirdly, he's been on the True Geordie podcast recently.

Cheers for the link, gonna watch this later on. That poor bloke, but he's one strong f***er.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #576 on: Tuesday 14 March 2017, 10:28:13 AM »
Watched this last night - The Seven Five. Fantastic again. Love anything like that.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #577 on: Sunday 19 March 2017, 04:54:05 PM »
Ken Burns's 'Civil War' (and 3 others of his) now on U.S. Netflix

Offline Ameritoon

• General Member
« Reply #578 on: Sunday 19 March 2017, 05:17:15 PM »
:thup: Pretty much all of his stuff is on Amazon if you have Prime also. Civil War is worth it just for this bit at the end of episode one.

Offline mickthemagpie

• General Member
« Reply #579 on: Sunday 19 March 2017, 10:54:59 PM »
Watched 'Civil War' a couple of times at least. Brilliant series.

Offline Gallowgate Toon

• General Member
« Reply #580 on: Monday 20 March 2017, 04:33:51 AM »
Season Two of Love just came out today. Totally binge watched the whole thing and while it's a really good and real show, the last two episodes infuriated me. Hopefully some other people catch up and I can talk about it.

I like the show a lot but I find it infuriates me a f***ing huge amount. It has loads going for it but its lurching/bipolar-ism kind of does my tits in and feels somewhat at odds with what makes it generally so good - its realism.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #581 on: Monday 20 March 2017, 09:25:21 AM »
Love: Gus does my head in so much, partly because my lass thinks I'm him and she has hints of Mickey. So the episodes started to get a little too close to home for me, same fears were being played out on-screen. I've been told I shouldn't watch the final 3 episodes :lol:

Honestly cannot stand Gus.

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #582 on: Monday 20 March 2017, 11:36:52 AM »
The way season two picked up from the first but Mickeys character was completely different.

Spoiler
[close]
LGM

Offline Carlito

• General Member
« Reply #583 on: Monday 20 March 2017, 12:12:10 PM »
Season Two of Love just came out today. Totally binge watched the whole thing and while it's a really good and real show, the last two episodes infuriated me. Hopefully some other people catch up and I can talk about it.

I like the show a lot but I find it infuriates me a f***ing huge amount. It has loads going for it but its lurching/bipolar-ism kind of does my tits in and feels somewhat at odds with what makes it generally so good - its realism.

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #584 on: Thursday 13 April 2017, 07:21:49 PM »
I bought the Amazon fire stick at christmas with Prime and I love it, is Netflix better ?
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

firetotheworks

« Reply #585 on: Thursday 13 April 2017, 09:45:15 PM »
If you've never watched Louis C.K before but you've heard people say he's great, for the love of God don't watch his newest stand up first. Absolutely s****.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #586 on: Thursday 13 April 2017, 09:47:11 PM »
If you've never watched Louis C.K before but you've heard people say he's great, for the love of God don't watch his newest stand up first. Absolutely s****.

Isn't it?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #587 on: Thursday 13 April 2017, 09:48:45 PM »
Ah, that's disappointing.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #588 on: Thursday 13 April 2017, 10:00:34 PM »
Yeah it was incredibly bad.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #589 on: Thursday 13 April 2017, 10:39:44 PM »
I bought the Amazon fire stick at christmas with Prime and I love it, is Netflix better ?

I wouldn't say so. Both about even for content, with Prime having the advantage of delivery and all that.

I can't subscribe to either because I'm too indecisive to choose what to watch.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #590 on: Thursday 13 April 2017, 10:51:30 PM »
:lol:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline M4

• General Member
« Reply #591 on: Thursday 13 April 2017, 11:22:50 PM »
CK and Burr are probably my favourite comedians, and both somewhat flopping on Netflix this year. Is it a case of wanting to rush out some content too quickly?
"He can still tell you every single goal... and his training goals he counts as well. Apparently he's got 6,000 goals."

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #592 on: Friday 14 April 2017, 12:04:51 AM »

The special? I thought it was good, if a little watered down.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #593 on: Friday 14 April 2017, 12:46:58 AM »
I have both Netflix and Prime. Netflix is clearly the winner, you have all the greats like Better call Saul, House of cards, Stranger things, plus loads more and other shows and movies. Prime you pretty much have The grand tour and thats it. The man in the high castle is nowhere near as good as people make it out to be, and not a touch on what Netflix put out. A lot more of their stuff is only passable and not things that you must watch. To make things worse for Prime you'll often search for a movie or TV show and it will be available, but not on prime and will ask for a rental or purchase fee.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #594 on: Friday 14 April 2017, 06:44:36 AM »
I have both Netflix and Prime. Netflix is clearly the winner, you have all the greats like Better call Saul, House of cards, Stranger things, plus loads more and other shows and movies. Prime you pretty much have The grand tour and thats it. The man in the high castle is nowhere near as good as people make it out to be, and not a touch on what Netflix put out. A lot more of their stuff is only passable and not things that you must watch. To make things worse for Prime you'll often search for a movie or TV show and it will be available, but not on prime and will ask for a rental or purchase fee.
Yeah the TV content isn't even close imo
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #595 on: Friday 14 April 2017, 06:55:31 AM »
I don't like the navigation of Prime. Had it on trial and it just feels really crude.
Bearings Straight!

firetotheworks

« Reply #596 on: Friday 14 April 2017, 08:31:08 AM »

Maybe it was just me, but I thought it was terrible.

Online Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #597 on: Friday 14 April 2017, 03:37:16 PM »

Maybe it was just me, but I thought it was terrible.

Not just you, was horrible.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • t(' ' t)
« Reply #598 on: Friday 14 April 2017, 03:57:16 PM »
I don't like the navigation of Prime. Had it on trial and it just feels really crude.
:thup: it's UX cancer.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #599 on: Saturday 15 April 2017, 12:39:05 AM »
CK and Burr are probably my favourite comedians, and both somewhat flopping on Netflix this year. Is it a case of wanting to rush out some content too quickly?

Absolutely. They're expecting comedians to come up with an hours worth of material in the span of a year, which is pretty unheard of.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒