Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 213773 times)

Offline Tooj

• General Member
Re: Netflix suggestions
« Reply #425 on: Thursday 8 December 2016, 01:06:43 PM »
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #426 on: Thursday 8 December 2016, 02:10:06 PM »
Detectorists season 2 now up.
Consider winning

Offline steve_69

• General Member
« Reply #427 on: Thursday 8 December 2016, 02:48:50 PM »

Probably my favourite show on Netflix. Absolute gold!

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #428 on: Thursday 8 December 2016, 02:52:54 PM »

Probably my favourite show on Netflix. Absolute gold!

Just came to post this. Excellent
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #429 on: Thursday 8 December 2016, 07:30:10 PM »
Was really good.
Consider winning

Offline Groo

• General Member
« Reply #430 on: Thursday 15 December 2016, 02:24:12 AM »
Started watching Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, I find it hilarious in a hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy type of comedy. Wierd and funny.

;D  Just found out Douglas Adams wrote the book its based on.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #431 on: Thursday 15 December 2016, 02:44:36 AM »
Netflix made but in Portuguese. Watching the dubbed English version with subbies.

What. You voluntarily chose to watch something dubbed? What is this I don't even

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #432 on: Thursday 15 December 2016, 04:13:37 AM »
Netflix made but in Portuguese. Watching the dubbed English version with subbies.

What. You voluntarily chose to watch something dubbed? What is this I don't even

I can't watched anything dubbed without switching to comedy mode.

Too much Whose Line Is It Anyway.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #433 on: Sunday 18 December 2016, 08:44:37 AM »
I started watching The Expanse after a few mentioned it in here.
I'm up to the final episode and I've really enjoyed it! It turned out much better than I was expecting after a slow start.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #434 on: Sunday 18 December 2016, 08:50:00 AM »
Yeah was very good just ended a bit abruptly.
Bearings Straight!

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #435 on: Sunday 18 December 2016, 11:13:02 AM »
Very good show.  Season 2 coming soon.  Just hope they go for the long haul and make a great show out of it.  About time Battlestar Galactica was surpassed.  It's been too long. 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #436 on: Sunday 18 December 2016, 12:30:12 PM »
Is The Crown on Netflix? Looks quite good from the trailers.

Aye, just finished watching it. Only put it on for something family friendly to watch while the parents were visiting but actually quite enjoyed it. Thought John Lithgow was brilliant as Churchill.

:thup: a few episodes in now. Lithgow is outstanding, but the acting as a whole is spot on really.

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #437 on: Sunday 18 December 2016, 08:10:33 PM »
Anyone started that Brit Marling show 'The OA'? Came out a couple of days ago and looked pretty interesting.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #438 on: Sunday 18 December 2016, 08:11:35 PM »
Anyone started that Brit Marling show 'The OA'? Came out a couple of days ago and looked pretty interesting.
Gonna start it after crimbo. Looks interesting.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
« Reply #439 on: Sunday 18 December 2016, 08:34:58 PM »
It's alright, like. Not sure what to make of the ending though

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #440 on: Wednesday 21 December 2016, 10:40:00 PM »
I'm on to the last episode of The OA, what the f*** is gan on here man [emoji38]

I liked the first few episodes but the longer it's gone on the more it's felt like there was nobody involved in the project who would say "nah that's f***ing daft".

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #441 on: Thursday 22 December 2016, 01:33:25 AM »
I'm on to the last episode of The OA, what the f*** is gan on here man [emoji38]

I liked the first few episodes but the longer it's gone on the more it's felt like there was nobody involved in the project who would say "nah that's f***ing daft".

Written, directed and starred in by the same lady, no? :lol:

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #442 on: Thursday 22 December 2016, 01:54:42 AM »
Produced, not directed...but yeh :lol:

:thup:

Zal Batmanglij, her co-creater, is the director it turns out. Pretty much no difference :lol:

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #443 on: Monday 2 January 2017, 07:01:43 PM »
Watched Who Took Jonny last night... f***ing hell, very painful watching especially as a parent. Very odd behaviour from the cops, it wouldn't surprise me if members high up were involved in trafficking kids for sex and abuse.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline mofo

• General Member
  • Take it easy sir Bob.
« Reply #444 on: Tuesday 3 January 2017, 06:49:37 PM »
Watched 7 episodes of Sense 8, really enjoying it.  Never even heated it before until it showed up on my suggestions.
f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley you're a smelly cock.

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #445 on: Sunday 8 January 2017, 05:03:42 PM »
Started watching Maron, decent so far, reminds me of Louie a bit.
Consider winning

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #446 on: Sunday 8 January 2017, 06:05:22 PM »
Is there any reason why Season 3 of The Killing isn't available? It's the same on Sky too, only have the first 2.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #447 on: Sunday 8 January 2017, 06:34:12 PM »
Trollhunters by Guillermo del Toro is pretty decent for an animation series.

Offline M4

• General Member
« Reply #448 on: Sunday 8 January 2017, 06:53:17 PM »
Is there any reason why Season 3 of The Killing isn't available? It's the same on Sky too, only have the first 2.
That's often the case with established TV shows that the latest season won't be on Netflix for a while. I imagine they have different distribution deals for the latest season which must include exclusivity to the broadcaster. BBC for the Killing.
"He can still tell you every single goal... and his training goals he counts as well. Apparently he's got 6,000 goals."

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #449 on: Sunday 8 January 2017, 07:25:47 PM »
That's often the case with established TV shows that the latest season won't be on Netflix for a while. I imagine they have different distribution deals for the latest season which must include exclusivity to the broadcaster. BBC for the Killing.

:thup: Assumed it was something like that just thought it was odd with how long it's been out for. Is the US version worth watching at all?