Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 213772 times)

Offline Ameritoon

• General Member
Re: Netflix suggestions
« Reply #400 on: Friday 2 December 2016, 09:51:12 PM »
Sour Grapes is a really good doc just put on Netflix (US at least), for anyone who liked Somme or is interested in wine/rich people getting conned.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #401 on: Friday 2 December 2016, 10:03:09 PM »
Sour Grapes is a really good doc just put on Netflix (US at least), for anyone who liked Somme or is interested in wine/rich people getting conned.

Got it on my watch list but not got round to it yet. I like the premise of it though.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #402 on: Saturday 3 December 2016, 12:43:29 AM »
Watched the documentary on there about the lad that was sent down for being the 'mastermind' behind the Silk Road. Really interesting and opened up some serious ethical questions about how far governments will go to ensure that they get their result.

Aye the 'breakthrough' on the case was really shady but he made so many poor decisions and mistakes that could have easily been avoided. Read the transcripts a while back where he was trying to order the hits and it was painfully obvious he was getting scammed :lol:

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #403 on: Saturday 3 December 2016, 01:59:24 AM »
Still enjoying Designated Survivor.  Utter nonsense though.  I've found perspectives from both sides of the spectrum, and some think it's wishy washy liberal s****, and they in turn think it's dangerous right wing desensitising.  Anyone else want to weigh in?

Watched the first few episodes, but haven't watched since the election. Wounds are too fresh. :lol:

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #404 on: Saturday 3 December 2016, 02:00:37 AM »
If you're into your food I'd really recommend Chef's Table.

Got it on my watch list but not got round to it yet. I like the premise of it though.

You and I are definitely of one mind when it comes to Netflix documentaries. :lol:

Catch Chef's Table France yet?

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #405 on: Saturday 3 December 2016, 12:22:19 PM »

I was wondering if this was any good. Thankfully I respect your food-related opinions and recommendations, so it'll go on my list.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #406 on: Saturday 3 December 2016, 01:05:31 PM »

You and I are definitely of one mind when it comes to Netflix documentaries. :lol:

I haven't yet but it's on my watch list. Is it as good as Series 1?
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #407 on: Saturday 3 December 2016, 01:06:23 PM »
Watched the documentary on there about the lad that was sent down for being the 'mastermind' behind the Silk Road. Really interesting and opened up some serious ethical questions about how far governments will go to ensure that they get their result.

Aye the 'breakthrough' on the case was really shady but he made so many poor decisions and mistakes that could have easily been avoided. Read the transcripts a while back where he was trying to order the hits and it was painfully obvious he was getting scammed :lol:
Have you read Silk Road by Eileen Ormsby? I've heard it's a decent read on the whole thing.

David Goldblatt

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #408 on: Saturday 3 December 2016, 01:59:00 PM »

I haven't yet but it's on my watch list. Is it as good as Series 1?

I thought it was better tbh

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #409 on: Saturday 3 December 2016, 04:44:31 PM »
3%

Just finished the 1st episode,canny stuff.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #410 on: Saturday 3 December 2016, 05:45:30 PM »
3%

:thup:

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #411 on: Saturday 3 December 2016, 06:20:59 PM »
3%

:thup:

3 episodes in. Loving it.

Was actually hoping it might fill the void after Westworld finishes but I can see me finishing this tonight.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #412 on: Saturday 3 December 2016, 07:09:27 PM »
Is The Crown on Netflix? Looks quite good from the trailers.

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #413 on: Saturday 3 December 2016, 09:33:28 PM »
Hip hop evolution
LGM

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #414 on: Sunday 4 December 2016, 12:53:17 AM »
Finished 3%, absolutely loved it.

One or two moments that may be considered predictable, cliched or contrived, but never ridiculous and overall a rather beautiful piece.

Can't recommend it highly enough.

Some of the acting at times seemed a little bit weak, but I have to make an allowance for my own interpretation of the subtuitles.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #415 on: Sunday 4 December 2016, 12:54:48 AM »

It's produced for Netflix.

Offline Kasper

• Best Penguin
  • General Member
  • Hello. Nice to meet you.
« Reply #416 on: Sunday 4 December 2016, 01:29:20 AM »
Cosmos

Quite fascinating.

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #417 on: Sunday 4 December 2016, 02:06:23 PM »

Aye, just finished watching it. Only put it on for something family friendly to watch while the parents were visiting but actually quite enjoyed it. Thought John Lithgow was brilliant as Churchill.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #418 on: Monday 5 December 2016, 01:43:01 AM »
Just been watching a documentary about a group of guys who train wild horses and travel from Mexico to Canada with them in order to encourage ranchers to train wild horses instead breeding their own.

Anyway one of the guys was quite argumentative, and half a mile from the end he quit just to spite everyone else, because it was important for them to finish together.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #419 on: Monday 5 December 2016, 01:49:50 AM »
Kermode, is that you?

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #420 on: Monday 5 December 2016, 09:02:25 AM »
City Slickers?
Bearings Straight!

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #421 on: Monday 5 December 2016, 09:09:26 AM »
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #422 on: Wednesday 7 December 2016, 01:33:44 AM »
3%

Onto episode 5 now, and after four relatively high octane and tense episodes, there's some great poignant back story which explains a lot about one of the key characters. Not sure what others will make of it but I like this show a lot.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #423 on: Wednesday 7 December 2016, 11:22:28 AM »
Is it foreign muck?
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #424 on: Wednesday 7 December 2016, 10:46:05 PM »
Netflix made but in Portuguese. Watching the dubbed English version with subbies.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent