Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 198063 times)

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
Re: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions
« Reply #4425 on: Friday 7 June 2019, 09:06:17 pm »
What/If is canny good. Renee Zellweger is actually pretty hot in this.

Hasn't she had some awful plastic surgery tho, completely rearranging her face?

We are working our way through peaky Blinders, its canny enough.

I don't think it was awful, it was just a major change. She was much better before though. Loved her in Nurse Betty, weird as it was.

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #4426 on: Saturday 8 June 2019, 10:58:41 am »
Finished when they see us yesterday. Probably the best drama I have seen on Netflix. Brilliantly acted (particularly by the young boys) and with an excellent score too. The casting has been praised by others on here and it is fantastic. Just don’t watch it if you’re in the mood for something light  :lol:

Spoiler
[close]

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4427 on: Saturday 8 June 2019, 12:32:04 pm »
Finished when they see us yesterday. Probably the best drama I have seen on Netflix. Brilliantly acted (particularly by the young boys) and with an excellent score too. The casting has been praised by others on here and it is fantastic. Just don’t watch it if you’re in the mood for something light  :lol:

Spoiler
[close]

f***ing very.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Double first choice
« Reply #4428 on: Saturday 8 June 2019, 08:23:11 pm »
This is a good place to mention I would absolutely die for Kylie Bunbury.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #4429 on: Saturday 8 June 2019, 09:40:52 pm »
I've started S2 of Handmaid's so will catch up. Did the first series but never got round to 2 for some reason.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #4430 on: Monday 10 June 2019, 09:42:33 pm »
What/If is canny good. Renee Zellweger is actually pretty hot in this.

Her acting performance is really good too

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4431 on: Tuesday 11 June 2019, 02:01:01 pm »
Anyone watch Patriot on Amazon? It's dark, funny and bizarre. Only wish there was more than 2 seasons.

Only thing I've seen similar is Fargo.

Two episodes in on this, promising start. Fargo is a good comparison.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #4432 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 02:39:21 pm »
I watched the 'Avengers Assemble' episode of Jon Favreau's 'The Chef Show'. I was amused to hear a chef (seems a grand title for a guy frying burgers) saying "Kraft" was the best cheese to use. It was slices of square, orange cheese individually separated by sheets of plastic. I guess an equivalent of that recommendation in the UK would be a chef saying to use a packet of 'Smash' potatoes or a can of squirty cream.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4433 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:16:54 pm »
If you’re making a classic American hamburger, then Kraft slices are the correct choice.

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #4434 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:18:19 pm »
I watched the 'Avengers Assemble' episode of Jon Favreau's 'The Chef Show'. I was amused to hear a chef (seems a grand title for a guy frying burgers) saying "Kraft" was the best cheese to use. It was slices of square, orange cheese individually separated by sheets of plastic. I guess an equivalent of that recommendation in the UK would be a chef saying to use a packet of 'Smash' potatoes or a can of squirty cream.

Pretty sure I watched an ep or two of Binging With Babbish where he explains why that's the case. Being a processed cheese it has different properties when melting that mean it works better on a burger (ie: doesn't p*ss grease everywhere and melts in a more even pattern at a different temperature).

Offline Django

• General Member
« Reply #4435 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:22:13 pm »
Rectify is a quiet, complex and thoroughly absorbing series which I'd recommend to anyone who likes the sound of that, it's finished now after 4 seasons and I'm currently enjoying the 4th.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it here.

Thanks for all the recommendations, I check this thread quite often for ideas :)

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #4436 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:28:55 pm »

Pretty sure I watched an ep or two of Binging With Babbish where he explains why that's the case. Being a processed cheese it has different properties when melting that mean it works better on a burger (ie: doesn't p*ss grease everywhere and melts in a more even pattern at a different temperature).

If you’re making a classic American hamburger, then Kraft slices are the correct choice.

I'm not saying he's wrong, it's more the fact he called a cheese "Kraft". Kraft is the multinational company which I presume makes that type of cheese. I guess other companies also make a similar product? Saying "Kraft" is because Americans often seem to say brand names rather that the actual product e.g. "Kleenex" instead of tissue?

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #4437 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:33:11 pm »
Oh Americans do that do they?

Tell me, what is this thing?

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #4438 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:39:09 pm »
A vacuum.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #4439 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:40:02 pm »
f***ing liar

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4440 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:42:30 pm »

I'm not saying he's wrong, it's more the fact he called a cheese "Kraft". Kraft is the multinational company which I presume makes that type of cheese. I guess other companies also make a similar product? Saying "Kraft" is because Americans often seem to say brand names rather that the actual product e.g. "Kleenex" instead of tissue?

:lol:  Like that famous brand, "squirty cream"?

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #4441 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:42:33 pm »
I get your point but I don't say "hoover" I say vacuum.

People in the UK wouldn't say pass me a Kleenex. They'd say tissue. Can we think of any more examples? This is fun.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4442 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:43:34 pm »
I get your point but I don't say "hoover" I say vacuum.

People in the UK wouldn't say pass me a Kleenex. They'd say tissue. Can we think of any more examples? This is fun.  Why are you all staring at me? I’m not having a go at anyone.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #4443 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:47:43 pm »
Pritt Stick, post-it note, sellotape.

And that's just in the s***-that-you-use-to-stick-to-other-s*** category.

Probably de-railed the thread enough I reckon.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4444 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 03:54:36 pm »
Pritt Stick, post-it note, sellotape.

And that's just in the s***-that-you-use-to-stick-to-other-s*** category.

Probably de-railed the thread enough I reckon.

Blu tack.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #4445 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 04:00:29 pm »
Okay, there are lots of examples. Fair enough. Back to the Netflix/Streaming Suggestions.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #4446 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:28:44 pm »
Good Girls, been looking for a new series for me and Mrs Chopey and this is very good.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #4447 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:34:01 pm »
Started Versaille, surprisingly enjoyable.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4448 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 04:43:51 am »
Onto the last episode of Chernobyl.  Despite subscribing to HBO for Game of Thrones, this and Deadwood have been what made it worth the money.

:lol:  If you cross Paul Ritter's characters in this and Friday Night Dinner, you get Homer Simpson.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4449 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 12:05:51 pm »
dark s2 next week :sweetjesus:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children