Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 132801 times)

Offline leffe186

• General Member
Re: Netflix suggestions
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 11:29:17 am »
Netflix is much better than Lovefilm. Just wish there was a queue/watch later option when you manage to find a few interesting movies. The app isn't the best in the world.

Weird. There's a queue option in US Netflix. Seems like the most obvious thing to have, tbh. Is there really none in the UK?
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 11:39:18 am »
Really can't see one. Only used the PS3 App, so it could be that. Where abouts is it on the US Netflix?

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 11:55:57 am »
Really can't see one. Only used the PS3 App, so it could be that. Where abouts is it on the US Netflix?

I'm actually watching Dora on it right now.  IIRC If you selected a film it gave you the option to "add to queue". Your queue then became one of the lists, like "Recently Watched". Not used it for ages tbh, we struggle to get through our DVR as it is, and only really use Netflix for the kids right now. Can't wait until we can use it again, you know, in 16 years time, when they go to college.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 12:04:56 pm »
 :lol:

Offline Joey

• General Member
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 12:44:45 pm »
Got bored of Netflix, signed up to Lovefilm again, the instant isn't up to much cop but the physical media seems much better. Any recommendations?

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 12:52:54 pm »
Physilol medilol

Offline Joey

• General Member
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 12:57:39 pm »
Physilol medilol

It was mainly for the Xbox stuff to be fair, but the woman doesn't have any other way really to watch stuff until I get it set up for her when she moves so DVDs it currently it is for her house. :)

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 12:59:35 pm »
bin her

Offline Gemmill

• General Member
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 02:30:43 pm »
Netflix is much better than Lovefilm. Just wish there was a queue/watch later option when you manage to find a few interesting movies. The app isn't the best in the world.

Weird. There's a queue option in US Netflix. Seems like the most obvious thing to have, tbh. Is there really none in the UK?

I got in touch with their customer service about it and was told there were no immediate plans to introduce that functionality in the UK.

Which is f***ing ridiculous given that it'll just be a line of code or something.
failure is like a disease to Kevin Keegan, one without a cure.

HTT on Kevin Keegan.  The glory days are back on N-O.  This is the sort of quality I look for in a forum.

Badly cluttered forums are a disease, HTT's the cure is what I say tbh.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 02:32:36 pm »

I got in touch with their customer service about it and was told there were no immediate plans to introduce that functionality in the UK.

Which is f***ing ridiculous given that it'll just be a line of code or something.

Aside from the fact the service itself is great, they seem to make some really bizarre decisions.

Offline Gemmill

• General Member
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 02:44:52 pm »
Yeah it's class. I definitely miss out on watching stuff cos of the lack of a queue though. The number of times I've rediscovered something I spotted on there months previous and told myself I'd watch.
failure is like a disease to Kevin Keegan, one without a cure.

HTT on Kevin Keegan.  The glory days are back on N-O.  This is the sort of quality I look for in a forum.

Badly cluttered forums are a disease, HTT's the cure is what I say tbh.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 03:09:52 pm »
Yeah it's class. I definitely miss out on watching stuff cos of the lack of a queue though. The number of times I've rediscovered something I spotted on there months previous and told myself I'd watch.

Part of the fun is just cruising through random lists throwing the odd thing on your queue. It's amazing how many things you discover that you never even realized existed.

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 05:43:48 pm »
The layout is poor on both Netflix and Lovefilm. If you go on to the Netflix website there are s*** loads of films that aren't only the main tabs in the app. You should also be able to create your own tabs. I've got both and will probably cancel Lovefilm, Netflix is much better.
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #38 on: Friday 29 March 2013, 10:45:57 pm »
The Raid is on Netflix.  :sweetjesus:

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #39 on: Friday 29 March 2013, 10:56:17 pm »
Tomorrow US Netflix gets a huge update of Adult Swim, Cartoon Network & Warner Brothers content.  :megusta:

Offline Ishmael

• General Member
« Reply #40 on: Friday 29 March 2013, 10:56:43 pm »
Omfgy

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #41 on: Friday 29 March 2013, 11:53:27 pm »
Tomorrow US Netflix gets a huge update of Adult Swim, Cartoon Network & Warner Brothers content.  :megusta:

:notbad: Haven't seen Sealab in years.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #42 on: Thursday 4 April 2013, 12:54:44 pm »
Added today:

48 Hrs (Action, Comedy)
Along Came a Spider (Thriller)
America's Funniest Home Videos: Best in... (TV, Reality, Comedy)
Arthur and the Invisibles (Animation, Family)

Astonishing X-Men: Dangerous (TV, Animation)
Astonishing X-Men: Torn (TV, Animation)
Astonishing X-Men: Unstoppable (TV, Animation)
Azur and Asmar: The Princes' Quest (Animation, Family)
Black Butler (Anime)

Braveheart (Action, Drama)
Butterfly (Drama, Foreign)
Cheech & Chong's Hey Watch This (Comedy, Stand-up)
Chobits (Anime)
Chrome Shelled Regios (Anime)

Cool World (Action, Animation, Fantasy)
Crossing Over (Drama)
D. Gray-man Season 2 (Anime)
Dead Again (Thriller)
The Dead Zone (Supernatural, Thriller)

The Dead (Drama)
The Devil's Own (Action, Thriller)
Dirty Girl (Comedy)
DreamWorks Happy Holidays from Madagascar (Animation, Family)
Eden of the East (Anime)

Eden of the East the Movie I: The King (Anime)
Edge of Dreaming (Documentary)
Eureka Season 5 (TV, Drama, Sci-Fi)
Eye for an Eye (Crime, Thriller)
Fatal Attraction (Thriller)

Footloose (Drama, 1984 version)
Fringe Season 1-4 (TV, Sci-Fi, Drama)
Girls Bravo (Anime)
Harlem Nights (Mobster, Action)
Hatfields & McCoys (TV, Miniseries, Drama)

Hero Tales (Anime)
Hetalia: Axis Powers (Anime)
How to Marry a Millionaire (Classic, Comedy)
Howling IV: The Original Nightmare (Horror)
The Impostors (Comedy)

Initial D (Anime)
Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple (Anime)
The Last Temptation of Christ (Drama)
Lionheart (Action)
The Longshots (Drama)

Man on the Moon (Drama)
Over the Top (Action)
Overboard (Romantic, Comedy)
Pet Sematary (Horror)
Pet Sematary 2 (Horror)

Pi (Thriller)
Rain Man (Drama)
Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne (Anime)
The Rules of Attraction (Comedy)
Sekirei (Anime)

Shaft (Action, 2000 version)
Silver Bullet (Horror)
Stick (Action)
Trigun (Anime)
Woman Thou Art Loosed: On the 7th Day (Drama)

--

Some good stuff!

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 4 April 2013, 01:12:53 pm »
UK one?
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #44 on: Thursday 4 April 2013, 01:19:54 pm »
US.

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #45 on: Friday 5 April 2013, 03:20:26 pm »
Dat update :megusta:

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #46 on: Thursday 25 April 2013, 01:40:26 pm »

Offline Bowie

• General Member
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 25 April 2013, 02:01:25 pm »
Anyone seen the 30 for 30: The Two Escobars? Highly recommended if not, it should still be on there. Watched a documentary called Sister Helen the other night on there as well which was absolutely brilliant, the ending nearly had me in tears.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 25 April 2013, 02:21:33 pm »
Anyone seen the 30 for 30: The Two Escobars? Highly recommended if not, it should still be on there. Watched a documentary called Sister Helen the other night on there as well which was absolutely brilliant, the ending nearly had me in tears.

Aye, Sister Helen's a mental film.

Offline Bowie

• General Member
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 25 April 2013, 02:33:38 pm »

Aye, Sister Helen's a mental film.

I absolutely loved her man. I was watching it alone at like 1am but I was still proper creased every time she went on a rant "yadda yadda yadda HELLO! blah yadda blah" f***ing hilarious. :lol: