Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 134277 times)

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
Netflix/Streaming Suggestions
« on: Thursday 4 October 2012, 11:07:08 pm »
I know we have a film thread, but saying as I'm lazy, I thought it would be good to have a Netflix suggestions thread for other lazy people that watch predominantly only things that are on Netflix.

There are the obvious choices (30 Rock, Mad Men, Breaking Bad etc) but it would be good to know about the hidden gems on there, like King of Kong, Adaptation and even classics that we might not have realised were on there like Kramer vs Kramer and White Chicks.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 26 April 2017, 08:01:21 pm by Buscemi »
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
Re: Netflix suggestions
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 4 October 2012, 11:17:40 pm »
You've just basically got me annoyed with Netflix - I used to be able to see a list of what I've watched online and go down and rate things but it can't find it now.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 4 October 2012, 11:32:32 pm »
I kept telling myself that I was going to watch Sin Nombre, but I never did.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 4 October 2012, 11:59:22 pm »
Leprechaun: In the Hood

And consequently, Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood

Offline Joey

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Friday 5 October 2012, 07:02:47 am »
If you've got American Netflix setup Parks and Recreation is a damn fine show.

Offline Jack Flash

• Sack Jack
  • General Member
« Reply #5 on: Friday 5 October 2012, 07:51:04 am »
My suggestion is to get LoveFilm.

Just this week they've added to their streaming section...The Muppet Christmas Carol, Anaconda, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, As Good As It Gets, The Bone Collector, Jerry Maguire, Desperado, Cable Guy, Last Action Hero, Pretty Woman, Groundhog Day, Cruel Intentions, Jumanji, Ghostbusters 1 & 2, U Turn, Karate Kid, Face Off, Waterboy, Tombstone, The Last Detail, Bad Boys, Close Encounters of the Third Kind - Director's Cut, Street Fighter, A Few Good Men, From Dusk Till Dawn, Hook plus about 50 more.

That'll do you for 2 months.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • #votekaka2018
« Reply #6 on: Friday 5 October 2012, 09:09:39 am »
I kept telling myself that I was going to watch Sin Nombre, but I never did.

Definitely worth a watch hombré.

Online Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Friday 5 October 2012, 09:38:15 am »
:lol:
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

SuperShola!

« Reply #8 on: Friday 5 October 2012, 10:07:56 am »
Sons of Anarchy.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #9 on: Friday 5 October 2012, 12:26:47 pm »
Not a chance am I getting LoveFilm. It's absolutely turgid quality and I have the US Netflix which has way more content. I'm quite passionate about this point. Thanks.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 October 2012, 07:31:57 am »
How often do they add new content to Netflix in the UK? There's plenty to work on now for me like, but I'm just wondering if they keep it fresh on a regular basis with new films? Also why have they got so few recent films on there? 50/50 is probably the most recent one. Still a cracking service though, I've been watching Teachers and a few old 90s action films for the past couple of weeks.
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson

Offline Corrigan

• General Member
« Reply #11 on: Friday 26 October 2012, 10:02:01 am »
quite regular , best to follow them on twitter to see the latest releases

Online Coco

• General Member
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #12 on: Friday 26 October 2012, 12:35:02 pm »
I watched all 3 seasons of The League last week. If you have even a passing knowledge of the NFL, it's a great show... :)
C won't believe us. But this is classic him.

CLASSIC Coco.

Offline Clay

• General Member
« Reply #13 on: Friday 26 October 2012, 12:36:43 pm »
Me and my lass watched the first 5 episodes and really enjoyed it and we have no interest in NFL.. hilarious at times.

Offline Gemmill

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Friday 26 October 2012, 01:25:43 pm »
The two Mesrine movies are good - true story about a French gangster played by Vincent Cassell.  They're in French with subtitles, but well worth a watch.
failure is like a disease to Kevin Keegan, one without a cure.

HTT on Kevin Keegan.  The glory days are back on N-O.  This is the sort of quality I look for in a forum.

Badly cluttered forums are a disease, HTT's the cure is what I say tbh.

Online Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #15 on: Friday 26 October 2012, 01:27:04 pm »
The two Mesrine movies are good - true story about a French gangster played by Vincent Cassell.  They're in French with subtitles, but well worth a watch.

Aye they're class. Thought the second one wasn't as good as the first either.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Gemmill

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Friday 26 October 2012, 01:31:23 pm »
Aye the second one was a bit more of an action movie.  First one was quality - he's class in them.

HTT on Kevin Keegan.  The glory days are back on N-O.  This is the sort of quality I look for in a forum.

Online Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Friday 26 October 2012, 01:57:59 pm »
Aye the second one was a bit more of an action movie.  First one was quality - he's class in them.

He's cool as f*** like. Also the fact that he is married to Monica Bellucci just adds to it.

David Goldblatt

Online Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Friday 26 October 2012, 01:58:09 pm »
I'm assuming that you've saw La Haine as well?

David Goldblatt

Offline Gemmill

• General Member
« Reply #19 on: Friday 26 October 2012, 03:02:23 pm »
Nah, do I need to get on that?  Whoa, he's married to Bellucci?!  The c***.

Online Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Friday 26 October 2012, 03:11:58 pm »
Nah, do I need to get on that?  Whoa, he's married to Bellucci?!  The c***.

Aye it's class and aye the c***! :lol:

David Goldblatt

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 08:51:07 am »
Netflix is much better than Lovefilm. Just wish there was a queue/watch later option when you manage to find a few interesting movies. The app isn't the best in the world.

Offline Clay

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 10:50:49 am »
Netflix is much better than Lovefilm. Just wish there was a queue/watch later option when you manage to find a few interesting movies. The app isn't the best in the world.

Just watch them for a few seconds and they'll go in your recently watched, not ideal but it'll do until they sort of the watch later option.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 10:54:27 am »
Might try that.

Got an extension to firefox, so I can watch US Netflix on the PC. PS3 has UK Netflix and the selection is terrible.  :lol:

Offline Clay

• General Member
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 10:56:13 am »
Might try that.

Got an extension to firefox, so I can watch US Netflix on the PC. PS3 has UK Netflix and the selection is terrible.  :lol:

I'll PM you the dns codes I use for 360/PS3 to get the US content on there.