Poll

Should we abolish the Monarchy?

Yes
114 (62.6%)
No
68 (37.4%)

Total Members Voted: 181

Author Topic: The Royal Family - Get To F*ck  (Read 122806 times)

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: The Royal Family - Get To F*ck
« Reply #50 on: Monday 3 September 2012, 08:37:01 PM »
I used to be a staunch royalist becuse of the heritage and Tourist attraction.  Then I read something by Robbie Coltrane about standing in line to meet one of them and he suddenly thought that their DNA was no better than his.  From that time I stopped being an apologist.   

:lol: :thup:

Same with myself.  Used to love belting out God Save the Queen, p*ssed, on an England night.  Then I grew up and thought about it for a minute.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: Monday 3 September 2012, 08:38:22 PM »
Make us more money than they cost so don't care.

Shouldn't really matter.  Hereditary privilege is absolutely wrong in this day and age.  I couldn't care less if they made us billions upon billions, it's still wrong.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #52 on: Monday 3 September 2012, 08:39:39 PM »
what happens to them if we boot them out and take everything?  Will Theresa May stick them in a council house in Slough?  Will we see old Lizzy outside Bargain Booze with a tab having swapped her Corgi's for a Staffy?
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #53 on: Monday 3 September 2012, 08:58:43 PM »
Make us more money than they cost so don't care.

Shouldn't really matter.  Hereditary privilege is absolutely wrong in this day and age.  I couldn't care less if they made us billions upon billions, it's still wrong.

Personally I'm much more bothered about whether they benefit the nation. Don't really care if one family happens to benefit because of it.

BooBoo

« Reply #54 on: Monday 3 September 2012, 09:03:23 PM »
Meh, they're alright.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Monday 3 September 2012, 09:04:16 PM »
Castle and stately home tourism in Germany is a big money spinner, but they don't need real Royals padding around inside them to make it work.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #56 on: Monday 3 September 2012, 09:04:59 PM »
I still haven't seen a good argument to get rid.

They have no power anymore, its just ceremonial stuff.

Offline cp40

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Monday 3 September 2012, 09:05:22 PM »
God Save The Queen

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #58 on: Monday 3 September 2012, 09:30:40 PM »
God Save The Queen

don't think Hatem cares much for the monarchy tbh.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Spider Jerusalem

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Monday 3 September 2012, 09:34:41 PM »
Apparently cost us 65p a year.  Two holidays in the past two years they're already in credit.  Should get some extra days off when Lizzie karks it and Willy gets crowned.  They're the gift that keeps on giving.
I Hate It Here.  That's Why I Keep Coming Back.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: Monday 3 September 2012, 09:58:09 PM »
I still haven't seen a good argument to get rid.

They have no power anymore, its just ceremonial stuff.

The fact we're all being made to face austerity measures should quite simply be enough, but:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/king-size-costs-european-crisis-puts-new-spotlight-on-monarchies-spending/2012/08/23/073cdb78-e0cc-11e1-a19c-fcfa365396c8_story_1.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/aug/31/secret-royal-veto-powers-exposed?fb=native&CMP=FBCNETTXT9038

We wonder why no decent laws ever get passed? 

"If I were reincarnated, I would wish to be returned to Earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels." - Prince Phillip.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: Monday 3 September 2012, 10:01:30 PM »
Wish I could find GM's mega-post about having a Federal Republic from years ago.  Best post on the subject pretty much anywhere on the internet.

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #62 on: Monday 3 September 2012, 10:39:28 PM »
Nothing we do will change it.

So no point in worrying about it.
LGM

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: Monday 3 September 2012, 11:27:43 PM »
I know, but still, it's good to talk.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 4 September 2012, 12:03:25 AM »
They only pay voluntary tax. Boom!

Offline Haz

• formerly known as Haswell
  • General Member
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 4 September 2012, 12:33:41 AM »
Charles has to pay tax on revenue (I think) from the duchy of Lancaster and Cornwall.
Drinking alcohol never solves anything. But neither does drinking milk.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
- William Ernest Henley

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 4 September 2012, 06:34:24 AM »
Meh, couldn't give a s***.

Besides which, the recent Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics and the pomp that surrounded them showed what good the monarchy are for.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 4 September 2012, 07:18:18 AM »
Details of the trips emerged in the annual Royal Public Finance Report, which lays bare how much the Queen gets from the public purse over the year 2011-2012 and how she spends it.
Official expenditure rose marginally to £32.3million – up £200,000 or 0.6 of a per cent.

But Buckingham Palace aides stressed that they had actually realised a 26 per cent reduction in spending over the last three years in real terms. They say the monarchy costs just 52p a head for every man, woman and child in the country – although this does not include the estimated £200million bill for security."

« Last Edit: Tuesday 4 September 2012, 08:13:01 AM by Parky »

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday 4 September 2012, 08:17:40 AM »

Except people don't go to Camden to see the residents or look at their houses.

I live 2 doors down from where Winehouse lived and died. We get upwards of 300 visitors a day, to our street. Always from Latin America, Europe, Ex-Soviet states. You name it.
The Stable Market where The Clash rehearsed and shot the iconic cover of their first LP. The Roundhouse where The Ramones kickstarted UK punk...I could go on, but of course these places will never achieve the heights of an over elaborate mansion for a German family in South London
And I believe Winehouse paid all of her taxes...

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 4 September 2012, 08:23:58 AM »
Prince William and his wife Kate spent an incredible £52,000 on a one-way flight from Los Angeles to London for themselves and their seven-strong entourage, Buckingham Palace said today.

Offline indi

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 5 September 2012, 08:39:12 PM »
I'm all for reigning ( ;) ) in the scale of the monarchy, getting rid of all the lesser royals and the assorted hangers-on and I'm not a supporter of hereditary power in itself, however I think it's still the best option to keep the King/Queen as head of state.

The biggest single reason is just how uber-s*** the alternative is. Ask yourself what group you hate even more than the royals and I bet my arse that for most people, even the republicans, politicians is the word that springs to mind. So why would you want even more of them with even more power to f*** our lives up, for f***'s sake!?! Our politics is already f***ing pathetic and having a president would only accelerate that exponentially, putting us over-the-top and well and truly into La-la land like you see in the states. I can't imagine anything worse myself, it'd be f***ing awful, I think I'd have to leave to be honest. :lol:

A constitutional monarchy with a ceremonial head of state, is the least worst option by some way.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 5 September 2012, 08:51:46 PM »
Poet - Warrior - King is the best way man.

Offline cp40

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday 5 September 2012, 09:16:36 PM »
I would lock you bunch of f***ing traitors in the Tower.

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • Want a hug?
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 5 September 2012, 09:24:07 PM »
If UK had been a republic, there's a pretty damn good chance that Maggie Tatcher wound up as Head of State at some point.

Think of it.
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
Re: Re: The Royal Family - Get To F*ck
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 6 September 2012, 12:52:35 AM »
If UK had been a republic, there's a pretty damn good chance that Maggie Tatcher wound up as Head of State at some point.

Think of it.

:fwap:

Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul