Author Topic: Viagogo Ticket Exchange  (Read 19487 times)

Offline Crumpy Gunt

• General Member
  • www.ajhsom.co.uk
Re: Viagogo Ticket Exchange
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 2 October 2013, 08:27:27 AM »
I've listed my 2 tickets for the Liverpool game as i'm on holiday and no one I know is interested.

Has anyone actually successfully sold their tickets using this?
Are the two seats together? If so where and how much? My mates up from the smoke and has asked for 2 together if I can get them.
It's an Adult and a junior ticket together in L7 Milburn.
Viagogo set a minimum price of £37 each and advised most were higher so they're on there for £40 each which I think is a bit of a rip as it doesn't let you differentiate between the adult and junior tickets.
How much would you want for both - not via viagogo.

Offline geordiesteve710

• General Member
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 2 October 2013, 11:13:18 AM »
I've listed my 2 tickets for the Liverpool game as i'm on holiday and no one I know is interested.

Are the two seats together? If so where and how much? My mates up from the smoke and has asked for 2 together if I can get them.
Viagogo set a minimum price of £37 each and advised most were higher so they're on there for £40 each which I think is a bit of a rip as it doesn't let you differentiate between the adult and junior tickets.

So let me get this straight, it is entirely possible for someone to buy a junior s/t then use viagogo to sell it off at adult prices for the bigger games throughout the season?!? And how is this not encouraging fans to profiteer (or put another way, tout) off each other?!?
 :idiot2:

Another successful pantomime production from the NUFC box office team!!!!
Log on to the N-O forum.
Check the transfer thread in the vague hope we might be going to spend some money, get p*ssed off.
Move to the Mike Ashley thread because I'm p*ssed off, get more p*ssed off.
Come to this thread to cheer myself up a bit.
Leave.
Repeat.

Offline ujpest doza

• Thick as f*ck
  • General Member
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 2 October 2013, 12:07:58 PM »

How much would you want for both - not via viagogo.
£30 for the pair.

mary

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 2 October 2013, 12:54:16 PM »
t then use viagogo to sell it off at adult prices for the bigger games throughout the season?!? And how is this not encouraging fans to profiteer (or put another way, tout) off each other?!?
 :idiot2:

Another successful pantomime production from the NUFC box office team!!!!

It is absolutely nothing to do with the Box Office.  These decisions are taken way above the pay grade of anyone in the Box Office (including the management)   They are frustrated as you and I are about Viagogo.

What should happen -

Junior Tickets should be made collect from Box Office only (you'll need ID) and even then you shouldn't get through the turnstile if your an adult going through as a kid.

Games where its only membership sale (ie Sunderland)  If you buy a ticket and  you aren't a member (Viagogo have this in font 0000.1) you will have to buy a membership or you can't get in.

stuart316

« Reply #29 on: Monday 14 October 2013, 09:20:37 PM »
Hi.  I got in touch with viagogo about this match and they clearly told me you don't need to be a member to buy tickets for the game this weekend. The website clearly states the obvious though.  Had anyone got a definitive answer on this at all? Don't want to buy a ticket then be forced to buy a membership on Saturday! !

mary

« Reply #30 on: Monday 14 October 2013, 09:30:34 PM »
Hi.  I got in touch with viagogo about this match and they clearly told me you don't need to be a member to buy tickets for the game this weekend. The website clearly states the obvious though.  Had anyone got a definitive answer on this at all? Don't want to buy a ticket then be forced to buy a membership on Saturday! !

You must be a member.  If you go to pick the tickets up and you are not a member you won't be given them.  It's nothing to do with Newcastle.  I know in the past Viagogo have refunded the membership fee when they have misadvised but it won't happen all the time

BUT if they tell you that you don't need to be a member and you end up having to pay

- Get the Viagogo staff member name.  Note  time and date of call.  Be specific on what they said.

stuart316

« Reply #31 on: Monday 14 October 2013, 09:51:02 PM »
Or I could maybe take along the email they sent me clearly staying this? Do you think that would be Ok? Thanks for getting back to me. The whole 'you have to be a member thing' seems stupid though, if I were a member I wouldn't have to use them...

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #32 on: Friday 20 December 2013, 05:04:51 PM »
You seem to need to be a club member to buy tickets from Viagogo now. I'm trying for Arsenal.

Surely that defeats the point of Viagogo, since if you were a member or season ticket holder you could buy a ticket from the club?

Offline stabmasterareson

« Reply #33 on: Sunday 23 February 2014, 05:04:01 AM »
Sorry to bring up an old post, and it looks like this Mary may have covered this above, but here it is: I'm from the States, and I recently bought a ticket through viagogo for a game this spring.  I do not have a membership but I am a registered supporter on nufc.co.uk.  I had no problem buying the ticket and it wasn't until the confirmation email that it was mentioned needing a membership card to pick the tickets up at St. James the day of the game, contingent upon me failing to receive the ticket in the mail.  I have a UK address to ship the ticket to, but will I need a membership card or should I be fine just showing up to the gates with my ticket? If the game goes to a general ticket sale would this become a non-issue? Thanks.

Offline Crumpy Gunt

• General Member
  • www.ajhsom.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 23 February 2014, 09:02:03 AM »
Sorry to bring up an old post, and it looks like this Mary may have covered this above, but here it is: I'm from the States, and I recently bought a ticket through viagogo for a game this spring.  I do not have a membership but I am a registered supporter on nufc.co.uk.  I had no problem buying the ticket and it wasn't until the confirmation email that it was mentioned needing a membership card to pick the tickets up at St. James the day of the game, contingent upon me failing to receive the ticket in the mail.  I have a UK address to ship the ticket to, but will I need a membership card or should I be fine just showing up to the gates with my ticket? If the game goes to a general ticket sale would this become a non-issue? Thanks.

I would think along the lines of that if the club can make money off yu then they likely will. Which game? Hopefully some one will grab them on your behalf. Can you cancel the purchase?

Offline stabmasterareson

« Reply #35 on: Sunday 23 February 2014, 11:38:17 AM »
I'll be going to the Cardiff game in May. I imagine it will go to general sale so maybe that would nullify the need to a membership.  Are paper tickets even shipped anymore or is it all just on membership cards?

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 23 February 2014, 06:10:08 PM »
I'll be going to the Cardiff game in May. I imagine it will go to general sale so maybe that would nullify the need to a membership.  Are paper tickets even shipped anymore or is it all just on membership cards?

You'll get a ticket no problem for that.

Offline bowlingcrofty

• General Member
  • "Croft - steaming in once more"
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 23 February 2014, 08:50:04 PM »

You'll get a ticket on the day no problem. Cardiff will be long relegated by then and our season will be long over.

Worst comes to worst you can have mine.
The View from the ShiteSeats: http://www.shiteseats.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/shiteseats
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/shiteseats

It's where we were when we were s***...

Offline stabmasterareson

« Reply #38 on: Sunday 23 February 2014, 09:17:58 PM »
I'm not particularly worried about getting a ticket through general sale, I'm just hoping that I'll be able to use this ticket I got through viagogo so I haven't wasted money on it. Thanks for the replies.

Offline warden90

« Reply #39 on: Saturday 29 November 2014, 07:29:55 PM »
How does it work, picking up tickets on match day? Show ID? Membership card?

Offline morpeth mag

• General Member
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 9 August 2015, 06:42:32 AM »
I've sold seats using Viagogo previously but can't seem to be able to list my tickets for the upcoming Arsenal game. Has there been a change to this service for 2015/16?

Offline Crumpy Gunt

• General Member
  • www.ajhsom.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 9 August 2015, 08:31:28 AM »
I've sold seats using Viagogo previously but can't seem to be able to list my tickets for the upcoming Arsenal game. Has there been a change to this service for 2015/16?

How much? How many? Together? And Where?

Offline morpeth mag

• General Member
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 9 August 2015, 08:39:31 AM »
I have an adult and child ticket in the East stand and usually sell for adult face value as you can't sell for a child's rate. Viagogo is convenient as the club issue tickets to the buyer directly but as I said it doesn't appear to be an option. I wasn't sure if club policy had changed with the reduced demand for season tickets.

Offline Crumpy Gunt

• General Member
  • www.ajhsom.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 9 August 2015, 09:41:30 AM »
I have an adult and child ticket in the East stand and usually sell for adult face value as you can't sell for a child's rate. Viagogo is convenient as the club issue tickets to the buyer directly but as I said it doesn't appear to be an option. I wasn't sure if club policy had changed with the reduced demand for season tickets.

pm me the price and i'll put word out. i'll ask jnr if he wants to go so might use myself

Offline morpeth mag

• General Member
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 9 August 2015, 05:53:57 PM »
Going to a friend now but thanks for your offer. Still not sure if the viagogo thing has stopped.

Offline craigmadge

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 8 September 2015, 10:17:36 AM »
I emailed the club who told me that they are not partnering with viagogo anymore, no reason as to why.

Shame as it was a good outlet to offload tickets

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #46 on: Monday 25 July 2016, 11:21:35 AM »
I emailed the club who told me that they are not partnering with viagogo anymore, no reason as to why.

Shame as it was a good outlet to offload tickets
It was ok for genuine fans who couldn't go to games. However far too often it was used as a way of ticket touting.