Author Topic: Viagogo Ticket Exchange  (Read 19440 times)

Offline Anderson

• General Member
Viagogo Ticket Exchange
« on: Monday 13 August 2012, 11:18:27 AM »
The club have once again signed a deal with a ticket exchange partner (I think we had a different one a while ago, but then obviously the demand for tickets died down a little).

viagogo

Viagogo, Europe's leading online ticket marketplace, has announced a new partnership with Newcastle United to become its official ticket exchange partner for the 2012/13 season and beyond.

The new service will provide fans with a safe, convenient and regulated place to buy and sell tickets to the sporting events, concerts and shows - and offers Magpies season ticket holders a legal way to re-sell match tickets they cannot use to like minded fans and recoup some of the cost back for matches they cannot attend.

An online fan-to-fan ticket exchange will offer a particular benefit to Newcastle season ticket holders by allowing them to sell their seasonal seat for any game they are unable to attend - at a price dictated by them, with no restrictions.

That means tickets can be listed at any price, and sold at a sum determined by the market.

Fans can sign up via nufc.co.uk, with individual match tickets issued to the purchaser and the season ticket holders' card then de-activated for the selected game.

Through the partnership, fans will have more opportunities to see their team play at the Sports Direct Arena - ensuring more fans are in the stadium at kick-off to provide the famous Geordie atmosphere for all Barclays Premier League games.

Dale Aitchison, Partnerships Manager at Newcastle United, said: "Our loyal fanbase deserve a place to sell tickets they can no longer use to other Newcastle supporters. By working with viagogo, we are able to extend and improve our service offering to season ticket holders."

United legend Peter Beardsley added: "There's nothing better than a packed house here, and this scheme means that can happen more often while making sure fans don't miss out if there's a match they can't get to."

Newcastle is one of six Premier League clubs - including Chelsea and Aston Villa - working with viagogo next season to provide safe and secure online ticket exchange facility for their season ticket holders, while Bayern Munich and many other world class sports properties including Roland-Garros and The Barclays ATP World Tour Finals use the scheme.

Edward Parkinson, from viagogo, said: "The Toon Army are possibly the most passionate supporters in the country so we are delighted to be offering season ticket holders a legal solution for reselling match day tickets they are unable to use."

Some people will no doubt complain that it's touting, but I think it seems a good idea to give season ticket holders the chance to sell tickets for games they can't make (it's clearly a different situation to what you get with gigs and similar when people buy tickets with the sole intention of re-selling at a profit), although I can imagine there'll be some daft prices bandied about for games like the derby.
« Last Edit: Saturday 27 July 2013, 12:21:27 AM by Greg »
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Online neesy111

• General Member
Re: Viagogo
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 August 2012, 11:38:11 AM »
The club have once again signed a deal with a ticket exchange partner (I think we had a different one a while ago, but then obviously the demand for tickets died down a little).

viagogo

Viagogo, Europe's leading online ticket marketplace, has announced a new partnership with Newcastle United to become its official ticket exchange partner for the 2012/13 season and beyond.

The new service will provide fans with a safe, convenient and regulated place to buy and sell tickets to the sporting events, concerts and shows - and offers Magpies season ticket holders a legal way to re-sell match tickets they cannot use to like minded fans and recoup some of the cost back for matches they cannot attend.

An online fan-to-fan ticket exchange will offer a particular benefit to Newcastle season ticket holders by allowing them to sell their seasonal seat for any game they are unable to attend - at a price dictated by them, with no restrictions.

That means tickets can be listed at any price, and sold at a sum determined by the market.

Fans can sign up via nufc.co.uk, with individual match tickets issued to the purchaser and the season ticket holders' card then de-activated for the selected game.

Through the partnership, fans will have more opportunities to see their team play at the Sports Direct Arena - ensuring more fans are in the stadium at kick-off to provide the famous Geordie atmosphere for all Barclays Premier League games.

Dale Aitchison, Partnerships Manager at Newcastle United, said: "Our loyal fanbase deserve a place to sell tickets they can no longer use to other Newcastle supporters. By working with viagogo, we are able to extend and improve our service offering to season ticket holders."

United legend Peter Beardsley added: "There's nothing better than a packed house here, and this scheme means that can happen more often while making sure fans don't miss out if there's a match they can't get to."

Newcastle is one of six Premier League clubs - including Chelsea and Aston Villa - working with viagogo next season to provide safe and secure online ticket exchange facility for their season ticket holders, while Bayern Munich and many other world class sports properties including Roland-Garros and The Barclays ATP World Tour Finals use the scheme.

Edward Parkinson, from viagogo, said: "The Toon Army are possibly the most passionate supporters in the country so we are delighted to be offering season ticket holders a legal solution for reselling match day tickets they are unable to use."

Some people will no doubt complain that it's touting, but I think it seems a good idea to give season ticket holders the chance to sell tickets for games they can't make (it's clearly a different situation to what you get with gigs and similar when people buy tickets with the sole intention of re-selling at a profit), although I can imagine there'll be some daft prices bandied about for games like the derby.

It's not touting, the reason it's being done as it's illegal to sell football tickets for more than face value while it's not for music etc.

Offline Crumpy Gunt

• General Member
  • www.ajhsom.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 August 2012, 05:34:58 PM »
Anything sold above face value is touting (apart from agreed postage costs etc)

Some scumbags will be just waiting for visits of certain Clubs to line their pockets.

SweMatt

« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 September 2012, 09:02:41 AM »
Has anyone actually managed to sell a ticket on this? I can't make the Norwich game and have mine up for £26. Let's just say I am not the only one...  :tongue:

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 15 September 2012, 12:05:43 PM »
Hmm decent idea. Might give it a go
AS9

Zowser

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 14 October 2012, 12:53:23 PM »
Hi all,

I am attempting to buy home game tickets on the Viagogo website for the first time rather than waiting for them to be released by NUFC. I have a membership but I am unable to activate my Viagogo account as it does not recognise my membership number. It confuses me as it asks for a season ticket to be linked to my account, but I don't have a season ticket hence me trying to buy the tickets in the first place.

Needless to say, there is not a phone number to be found. I have filled in the online query form, but I don't know how much success I will have.

I've went ahead and booked my travel and accomodation as this will rocket the closer that I get to the game. I'll just have to hope that I can get tickets either through Viagogo or NUFC nearer the time.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:cheesy:

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 1 January 2013, 09:24:05 PM »
I've just bought two tickets for Everton on this, does anyone know where the pickup point is?

Offline lQmmel

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 04:36:50 PM »
Have anyone tried using viagogo since the new deal with the club? They don't get the best feedback, but since the club have become an official partner, does that give you any extra guarantee?
I'm looking to travel from Denmark, with a friend, for the Sunderland game and I want to be sure to get our tickets for the game.
Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 05:14:53 PM »
It was absolutely fine for the Everton game. The only issue is that the fees are very changeable for some reason. Sometimes the booking fee is quite high, other times not. I don't know why.

I think since it is used by the club, they cancel the original ticket and just reissue it. I collected mine from a dedicated window at SJP, it was no problem at all.

I don't know exactly how the system works, but I don't think there's any chance at all of getting fake tickets or anything.

Offline kevnufc

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 06:53:48 PM »
I bought tickets for the Southampton game from them. I received my tickets on the Wednesday before the game though I believe you can pick up at the stadium if the tickets don't arrive in time.

I think they are alright but they have a very strict no refunds policy. A few of my mates couldn't make the game due to it being move from the Saturday to the Sunday, Viagogo refused to re-list the tickets and pretty much told me I was stuck with them as the club won't allow them to do re-list/refund.

Overall, I'd recommend them but I wouldn't buy tickets until I know for certain Sky/Europa won't end up shifting the game.

Offline lQmmel

• General Member
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 13 March 2013, 09:15:50 PM »
Thank you for your replies, very helpful and much appreciated! I don't mind paying a little extra in fees as this will be my first trip to Newcastle and I just want to make sure I will be able to see the game.
We will probably be going from Friday to Monday. So even if it is changed to Sunday, we will still be able to make the game.
I also like the fact that it is an official partner of the club, gives me a sense of security about the purchase. And I am glad you have had mostly positive experience with them.

Again, thanks a lot!

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 20 April 2013, 10:29:48 PM »
I'm looking at buying some tickets for Clients to attend the liverpool game but Viagogo states that they have to be collected by myself as the purchaser. Were you guys asked for ID before they would handover the ticket?

Offline Coco

• General Member
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #12 on: Friday 3 May 2013, 06:33:48 PM »
Bought tickets for the Arsenal game through here. Was a bit of a f*** about getting it to work, but after a few tries it went through ok. Bought them last week, arrived in the post today. Not a bad service all round. :)
C won't believe us. But this is classic him.

CLASSIC Coco.

Online wormy

• General Member
« Reply #13 on: Friday 3 May 2013, 06:44:38 PM »
I'm assuming away tickets are a no-no on there?

Offline Corrigan

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Friday 3 May 2013, 06:50:37 PM »
Could have just bought tickets off the official site for arsenal game surely

Offline Sifu

• General Member
  • Too many smileys.
« Reply #15 on: Friday 3 May 2013, 11:24:26 PM »
Could have just bought tickets off the official site for arsenal game surely

He's presumably bought seats next to each other through Viagogo - something you can't do through the official site (people are restricted to 1 ticket per member).

Offline Corrigan

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Friday 3 May 2013, 11:37:11 PM »
:thup: Didn't think of that one

Offline Coco

• General Member
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 5 May 2013, 02:27:43 PM »
Aye, got 5 tickets together.
C won't believe us. But this is classic him.

CLASSIC Coco.

Offline alanwilliams99

« Reply #18 on: Friday 28 June 2013, 12:22:22 PM »
Has anyone used this for selling? do they buy your ticket off you, regardless of whether they go on to sell it on? - Just wondering as I may miss up to 6 home matches due to work so this may be an easier option for me, rather than trying to find a buyer each match.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 4 July 2013, 12:51:42 PM »

Offline duo

• General Member
Re: Viagogo Ticket Exchange
« Reply #20 on: Monday 26 August 2013, 12:24:55 PM »
Was looking to sell my ticket to the Fulham game as I'm away on holiday and the Viagogo website is an absolute joke.

First off if you search for St James' as the venue it doesn't come up.  You have to search under Sports Direct. :hmm: Then you have to find the event and even though Fulham game is less than a week away it doesn't exist on their system.  Think I'll just give it to someone at work - these guys don't deserve my business.

Offline ujpest doza

• Thick as f*ck
  • General Member
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 1 October 2013, 07:58:47 PM »
I've listed my 2 tickets for the Liverpool game as i'm on holiday and no one I know is interested.

Has anyone actually successfully sold their tickets using this?

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 1 October 2013, 10:02:01 PM »
Had no success last season. My hull and Liverpool ones went though recently. Pleasant surprise. I just stick whatever the minimum price is
AS9

Offline Crumpy Gunt

• General Member
  • www.ajhsom.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 1 October 2013, 10:58:01 PM »
I've listed my 2 tickets for the Liverpool game as i'm on holiday and no one I know is interested.

Are the two seats together? If so where and how much? My mates up from the smoke and has asked for 2 together if I can get them.

Offline ujpest doza

• Thick as f*ck
  • General Member
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 2 October 2013, 08:09:37 AM »

Are the two seats together? If so where and how much? My mates up from the smoke and has asked for 2 together if I can get them.
It's an Adult and a junior ticket together in L7 Milburn.
Viagogo set a minimum price of £37 each and advised most were higher so they're on there for £40 each which I think is a bit of a rip as it doesn't let you differentiate between the adult and junior tickets.