Author Topic: The absolute state of Turkey  (Read 17799 times)

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: The absolute state of Turkey
« Reply #450 on: Wednesday 19 July 2017, 01:44:03 pm »
Also, I'm sure I read that Trump is extraditing Gulan.  :nope:
« Last Edit: Wednesday 19 July 2017, 02:52:34 pm by BlufPurdi »
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #451 on: Wednesday 19 July 2017, 02:43:44 pm »
Also, I'm I read that Trump is extraditing Gulan.  :nope:

Why am I not surprised? Politics everywhere is rank.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #452 on: Wednesday 19 July 2017, 03:02:39 pm »

Jesus wept.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #453 on: Wednesday 19 July 2017, 03:02:48 pm »
Another part of the world where Islam is f***ing up. f*** off. :lol:

Offline Ronaldo

• General Member
  • Is that you, Mustard?
« Reply #454 on: Wednesday 19 July 2017, 04:28:02 pm »
A concerted effort needs to be made to stop stupid British and Irish people from pumping money into this hellhole of a country.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #455 on: Wednesday 19 July 2017, 04:47:12 pm »

Jesus wept.

So I might have jumped the gun a bit.  After Trump and Erdogan's meeting it was highly suspected, so this is Fisk on the matter from last week:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/robert-fisk-gulan-turkey-erdogan-isis-extradition-middle-east-terrorist-raqqa-kurdish-america-a7838861.html

As with everything Trump related, it could go either way and probably dependant on some sort of deal.  It's a card he has to play now. 
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #456 on: Wednesday 19 July 2017, 04:48:21 pm »
A concerted effort needs to be made to stop stupid British and Irish people from pumping money into this hellhole of a country.

I'd have to agree.  It's not fair on the locals so much, people that rely on that industry, but we don't half keep a lot of these dictators in their positions by flocking to them and boosting the coffers.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #457 on: Wednesday 19 July 2017, 05:04:36 pm »

I'd have to agree.  It's not fair on the locals so much, people that rely on that industry, but we don't half keep a lot of these dictators in their positions by flocking to them and boosting the coffers.

Bookings are up this year from what I read.

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #458 on: Wednesday 19 July 2017, 05:08:34 pm »

Bookings are up this year from what I read.
Third most popular destination for UK holiday makers according to Thomas Cook.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #459 on: Wednesday 19 July 2017, 05:32:09 pm »
It won't hurt Erdogan, but it'll sure show all those hotel workers.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #460 on: Wednesday 19 July 2017, 05:41:32 pm »

I'm sure it'll hurt his tax coffers, they have already got a ridiculous deficit from what I've read.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #461 on: Wednesday 19 July 2017, 05:46:50 pm »
Should probably stop selling them weapons first.

Not sure only allowing educated people to go there is the answer.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #462 on: Wednesday 19 July 2017, 05:59:50 pm »

I know.  It helps validate him a bit, but to be honest, he's not really any worse than any others down there.  He plays the democracy game a bit, he works with us enough to keep us on side and we reward him with legitimacy and military strength.  No worse than most of his neighbours.  If we do it with him, we'd have to do the same with all the rest and that'll get us nowhere. 

As nice as it would be to see us use a bit of soft power, it'd be detrimental.  There's no point pretending the world is any different than that, most of them are dodgy b******s.  Western politicians aren't really like that to begin with, Erdogan wasn't either, but half the time they become it.  Power corrupts.

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
« Reply #463 on: Sunday 24 June 2018, 06:17:11 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44596072

Erdogan set to win election and be president forever.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #464 on: Sunday 24 June 2018, 06:41:34 pm »
prepare for the invasion
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #465 on: Monday 1 April 2019, 12:22:35 am »
Been a bit of a backlash against Erdogan in Turkish local elections.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #466 on: Monday 1 April 2019, 12:49:47 am »
Saw they were close to losing Ankara, is there more ?

Just assumed its Erdogan's way of making them look clean and democratic......allow the oppo to win some to make it look legit.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #467 on: Monday 1 April 2019, 01:06:42 am »
Saw they were close to losing Ankara, is there more ?

Just assumed its Erdogan's way of making them look clean and democratic......allow the oppo to win some to make it look legit.

Istanbul too potentially. Rumours of dodgy goings on there n all.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-election-chp/turkeys-main-opposition-candidate-says-very-clear-he-won-istanbul-idUSKCN1RC0UX

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #468 on: Sunday 23 June 2019, 06:53:43 pm »

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #469 on: Sunday 23 June 2019, 06:57:13 pm »
Yas, excellent. :lol:

Offline DMC

• General Member
« Reply #470 on: Sunday 23 June 2019, 07:40:15 pm »
Be interesting to see how he spins this one out.

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
« Reply #471 on: Sunday 23 June 2019, 07:54:30 pm »
Be interesting to see how he spins this one out.

Binali Yildirim has apparently conceded defeat so I guess Erdogan is gonna accept it.