Author Topic: Syria, Iraq & Islamic State related atrocities all here - Coming to Iran soon!  (Read 128770 times)

Online QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
Re: Syria, Iraq & Islamic State related atrocities all here - Coming to Iran soon!
« Reply #4150 on: Monday 6 August 2018, 06:23:04 PM »
unsubstantiated, to say the least...mainly peddled by Russians, Assad apologists, and alt-right personalities.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: Syria, Iraq & Islamic State related atrocities all here - Coming to Iran soon!
« Reply #4151 on: Monday 6 August 2018, 06:33:03 PM »
???

There are rumours that the white helmets weren't Syrian rescue workers but were actually up to no good during the conflict,  supposedly external fighters working against Assad and his regime.   Theyve now been scuttled out of the country as the West has lost Syria.

Ah. Okay then.

Online QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
« Reply #4152 on: Monday 6 August 2018, 06:36:54 PM »
And why put the white helmets part in quotes?

so-called white helmets, FFS the helmets that they wear are white...hence the name
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4153 on: Tuesday 7 August 2018, 01:52:46 AM »
And why put the white helmets part in quotes?

so-called white helmets, FFS the helmets that they wear are white...hence the name

:lol:

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #4154 on: Tuesday 4 September 2018, 01:37:48 PM »
Idlib offensive began 7 hrs ago. 40 bombing sorties by Russian and Syrian air force. Eastern Med packed with Russian and American naval assets. One to keep an eye on especially after Trumps recent comments.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #4155 on: Monday 10 September 2018, 09:43:50 AM »
Bit early to classify this as a terrorist attack but the guy who went on the rampage in Paris last night was thwarted partly due to people playing petanque nearby chasing him and stotting metal boules off his head.  That has to be the most Parisian response ever, aside from maybe beating him to death with a baguette.

Offline wacko

• Ledge!
  • General Member
  • More poubelle
« Reply #4156 on: Tuesday 11 September 2018, 08:38:06 AM »
There's a decent article here. A proper little mob got together and stopped him by the sounds of it.
Just realized you aren't Dave, dick. Now I gotta actually do s***.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4157 on: Thursday 20 December 2018, 05:26:03 PM »
Been a clusterfuck from day 1, but really f***ing great to see Trump is setting up the Kurds to be slaughtered in Syria. No doubt the Turks are gonna f*** em up as soon as we’re out of the way. Disgraceful.

Meanwhile, we’re still backing the Saudis as they carpet bomb Yemeni civilians :thup:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #4158 on: Thursday 20 December 2018, 08:16:06 PM »
At some point Kurds are going to turn on the West.  I can't say I would have any much faith in most other would-be Presidents regarding keeping them safe, goes back a while now this constant betrayal.  Given Trump though, you always sense there'll be something shady going on.  Believe he's been talking with Erdogan recently?  A peace offering perhaps.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4159 on: Thursday 20 December 2018, 08:36:01 PM »
Been a clusterfuck from day 1, but really f***ing great to see Trump is setting up the Kurds to be slaughtered in Syria. No doubt the Turks are gonna f*** em up as soon as we’re out of the way. Disgraceful.

Meanwhile, we’re still backing the Saudis as they carpet bomb Yemeni civilians :thup:

At least they’re paying youhahahahaha.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4160 on: Saturday 22 December 2018, 06:43:02 PM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/donald-trump-syria-russia-foreign-policy-jim-mattis-kurds-vladimir-putin-saudi-arabia-a8694881.html

A decent read on it.

A telephone conversation with Erdogan a week ago reportedly convinced Trump that he had to get US soldiers and airpower out of Syria. Keep in mind that Trump needs – though he may not get as much as he wants – Turkey as an ally in the Middle East more than ever before.

Last person he spoke to before making the decision no doubt.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #4161 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 12:51:45 PM »
:anguish:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4162 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 01:26:58 PM »
They did something similar when they were dancing around a possible war with NK too.  Hopefully comes to nowt. 

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4163 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 01:38:16 PM »
f***.

Offline YankeeToon

• General Member
« Reply #4164 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 05:51:58 PM »
Wait are we going back to war with Iraq? I thought we were all p*ssed at Iran now. Although it's entirely possible that Trump doesn't actually know the difference between the two.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • GET THE F*CK OFF THE STAGE!
« Reply #4165 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 05:54:38 PM »
What'd Iraq even f***ing do?

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4166 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 05:59:01 PM »
Same difference ain’t it. Muslim browns who are stealing our oil and money.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #4167 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 06:00:48 PM »
From what I've read it's to do with insurgency threats within Iraq.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4168 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 06:13:40 PM »
In the event of war with Iran, they’d want to evacuate non-essential personnel from Iraq, who are most vulnerable to reprisals. Particularly with so many Iranian-backed militias in Iraq.

It’s also very likely that it’s complete bullshit, there aren’t any legitimate threats, and they’re trying to drum up support to attack Iran.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • GET THE F*CK OFF THE STAGE!
« Reply #4169 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 06:14:55 PM »
So this is just Bolton trying to get his dick hard.

Offline Charlies

• General Member
« Reply #4170 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 06:33:37 PM »
?s=09

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #4171 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 06:40:38 PM »
I can see no positive outcomes from this, but I think assuming the US is going to war with Iran, is jumping the gun a little. :lol: Iran is a much more stable and powerful regime than Iraq ever was, prior to invasion.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4172 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 10:09:24 PM »
I can see no positive outcomes from this, but I think assuming the US is going to war with Iran, is jumping the gun a little. :lol: Iran is a much more stable and powerful regime than Iraq ever was, prior to invasion.

Correct, but we’re lead by a combination of warmongers and idiots.

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #4173 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 03:59:43 AM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/iran-threat-us-middle-east-coalition-pentagon-statement-a8914756.html?amp

"British general says no increased Iran threat in Syria and Iraq, prompting rare rebuke by Pentagon."

More evidence the US is doing this because they want to more than they need to.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #4174 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 06:44:54 AM »
What does the US expect Russia to do if the Yanks invade Iran? Sit on its heels?
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19