Author Topic: Syria, Iraq & Islamic State related atrocities all here - Coming to Iran soon!  (Read 130664 times)

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: Syria, Iraq & Islamic State related atrocities all here
« Reply #4100 on: Wednesday 18 April 2018, 11:52:27 AM »
Just a rehash of the Guardian article.

Nah. The AP was there on the ground.

I know, fair enough.  It's just the same sort style, "we spoke to evacuees now in the North", who could literally be anyone.  In saying that, even Fisk is careful in his report to highlight that the Dr in question could be a regime sympathiser.  I just don't think there was an attack, this time, though.  Not disputing the others, or accepting them flat out either. 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #4101 on: Wednesday 18 April 2018, 12:38:38 PM »
f***ing joke though, right?  The guy's in the mix of it, The Times have no-one in Syria, so they start trying to pan him for contradicting the Western narrative.  All sorts of wrong.  Perhaps they should have held on to Fisk all those years ago. :lol: :thup:
Fisk has been called out a few times for not being entirely factual In his reporting.

He's also won foreign reporter of the year 7 times, reporter of the year 2 and host of other rewards.  I'm well aware of the little snippet in Private Eye that clearly and massively debunked 45 years of his work. :idiot2:
The Daily Mail is the current Newspaper of the year if awards mean that much to you. Looking from the outside you look as if you'll defend him more because you agree with his narrative. No doubt if he peddled a different line you'd be attacking him.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #4102 on: Wednesday 18 April 2018, 12:44:47 PM »

I know, fair enough.  It's just the same sort style, "we spoke to evacuees now in the North", who could literally be anyone.  In saying that, even Fisk is careful in his report to highlight that the Dr in question could be a regime sympathiser.  I just don't think there was an attack, this time, though.  Not disputing the others, or accepting them flat out either.

Just posting it for whatever it's worth--given they where there and also interview people there and not just evacuees. I sure as hell can't definitely say what happened from Baltimore when people actually there can't. :lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4103 on: Wednesday 18 April 2018, 12:46:17 PM »
Or I have been reading his stuff for years, have two of his books and appreciate the work he does. :dontknow:

Anyone going to war fronts kind of gains my respect over armchair journalists.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4104 on: Wednesday 18 April 2018, 12:50:24 PM »

Just posting it for whatever it's worth--given they where there and also interview people there and not just evacuees. I sure as hell can't definitely say what happened from Baltimore when people actually there can't. :lol:

Same. :lol:

But we can lean certain ways. :aww:

Offline Eddy Chibas

• General Member
  • Rent-A-Schmuck
« Reply #4105 on: Thursday 19 April 2018, 11:22:25 AM »
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/israeli-intelligence-trump-syria-strike-failed-2018-4?r=US&IR=T

Almost reads like the Israeli War Room is egging Trump on, to attack again (and harder).
"That's where we step in," Alexander says. "We make sure there's order, that people aren't taking off on top of each other. On a wave like Pipe, doing something stupid isn't just not having surfing etiquette. It's attempted murder. Getting dropped in on at Pipe is like someone pointing a gun at your head. And you know, if you point a gun at one of us, well, there are gonna be consequences."

What would happen if someone dropped in on Alexander?

"I wouldn't say much," he says. "Maybe I'd paddle up to you, tell you to go in, or take off your leash. But later I'd find you, or a few of the other guys would, and you'd be taught a lesson."

Well-played Kala, well-played!

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #4106 on: Thursday 19 April 2018, 11:28:36 AM »

Offline IneedAbed

• clean your room
« Reply #4107 on: Thursday 19 April 2018, 06:13:54 PM »
sign of the times but I have had to do bomb and acid attack training .
"He never fails to hit the target. But that was a miss."

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #4108 on: Thursday 19 April 2018, 06:54:22 PM »

What do you do?
:) As you were.

Offline summerof69

• General Member
« Reply #4109 on: Thursday 19 April 2018, 07:58:29 PM »

Offline IneedAbed

• clean your room
« Reply #4110 on: Thursday 19 April 2018, 09:05:14 PM »

What do you do?
security, not state

Offline newsted

• General Member
« Reply #4111 on: Thursday 19 April 2018, 09:41:20 PM »

Offline IneedAbed

• clean your room
« Reply #4112 on: Thursday 19 April 2018, 10:02:11 PM »
my underpants are black and white  :angel:

Offline newsted

• General Member
« Reply #4113 on: Thursday 19 April 2018, 10:06:07 PM »
:lol: Normal. Just wondering why you differentiated between security and state, man. We're all cool here.

Offline IneedAbed

• clean your room
« Reply #4114 on: Thursday 19 April 2018, 10:53:23 PM »
:lol: Normal. Just wondering why you differentiated between security and state, man. We're all cool here.
theres a massive difference mate ,  :occasion14:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4115 on: Friday 20 April 2018, 12:17:37 AM »
Surely the acid attack training is a reflection of crime in London, not Barry Assad gassing his people?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #4118 on: Monday 30 April 2018, 06:24:08 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43952196

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has revealed what he says are "secret nuclear files" proving Iran is covertly pursuing nuclear weapons.

He said 55,000 pages of material obtained by Israel showed Iran had deceived the world since signing a deal in 2015 to curb its nuclear programme.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4119 on: Monday 30 April 2018, 06:46:24 PM »
Coming from the most trustworthy source in the world.  I believe!

Offline Mr Logic

• Lord of the pikeys
  • General Member
« Reply #4120 on: Monday 30 April 2018, 08:53:26 PM »
Oh this is kicking off now.

Netenyahu looks more like a frigging magician revealing these files and CD's like its a stage show. :facepalm:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43952196
A life spent in fear is a life half lived.

Offline Mr Logic

• Lord of the pikeys
  • General Member
A life spent in fear is a life half lived.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4123 on: Monday 30 April 2018, 11:00:29 PM »
He's got his own internal problems to worry about, so naturally, of course he just found a batch of top-class Iranian info proving he was right all along and that we should attack them now, without a second wasted on either verification or due process. 

Meanwhile, on the Gaza strip, let's shoot children and justify it by telling us they should be at school. 

AND GET AWAY WITH IT

It's not even funny anymore.  What's worse is, we'll actually bend over backwards and entertain this repugnant murderous psychopath.  Trump will follow him along like he's the Pied Piper.

Online Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #4124 on: Tuesday 1 May 2018, 04:12:15 AM »
Man with stockpiles of secret nukes tells the world country shouldn't have its own secret nukes. Does anyone believe that Iran would ever nuke Israel?