Author Topic: Syria, Iraq & Islamic State related atrocities all here - Coming to Iran soon!  (Read 130722 times)

Online Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
Re: Syria
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 10:44:55 AM »
Inncoents never get protected and never will, especailly in states like syria.

Online Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 11:25:28 AM »
I dont want the kids being killed but the reality of it is, no one is going to stop it.

We dont even know who killed these kids..

And what would the west do?  Roll into Syria with all guns blazing causing even more deaths to civillians.

The West playing the good guy

:yao:

Online Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 11:53:43 AM »
In what way can the west stop the killing, what pressure can the west put on Syria or the rebels???

Im not saying dont discuss it, im saying dont expect anything to change.

Offline garth

• General Member
  • Save a whale, eat a Japanese!
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 12:24:02 PM »
Can't really rely on the UN, it's the most lethargic s*** of an organisation there is. An absolute waste, when it concerns taking action against countries  that deserve it.

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 12:58:07 PM »
It's a horrific situation. I'm sort of trying to block it out as it's making me so upset and I know the UN won't do anything other than 'condemn' Assad's regime. Pathetic. Thousands of our brothers and sisters are being slaughtered and we just have to watch.
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline Hudson

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 01:07:26 PM »
Wonder what happened to the war on terror.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Offline garth

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 01:24:14 PM »
While Syria, continues to be backed by China and Russia, nothing will be done at all.

Online Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 01:47:29 PM »
Why shouldn't China and Russia back Syria, their country is riddled with rebels. 

Online Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 02:02:20 PM »

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 02:16:58 PM »
http://english.pravda.ru/world/asia/29-05-2012/121255-syria_massacre-0/

the writer can f*** off with h s*** like this, there is absolutely no defending what Syria are doing right now,

"The only question remains is was this massacre committed by the so-called FSA (Free Syrian Army) or by the British and American special forces reportedly already inside the country? After what the FUKUS-Axis did in Libya..." 

The only question my ass, i know that anyone can use the "you're not there so you can tell what its like argument" but there is no f***ing way either has commited these crimes, the free Syria Army are no angels themselves but they consist mostly of people who defected from Bahar Al Assad's forces because they refused to kill innocent people, Like i said its not the first time Al Baath Party do such things in Syria and Haafez al Assad Bashar's dad was well known for his war crimes against humanity, this is what they always did and its not some new "western Conspiracy" against anyone, they kill with cold blood whoever goes against them, its They who are doing it and no one else, and they will continue doing it until all those who attempt to go against them are silences, honestly man can't understand how you're trying to defend them..

Online Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 02:24:08 PM »
And you know for sure?

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 02:33:22 PM »
I grew up with Syrian's who feld from there because of his Dad's regime, the story's they told me about what he was doing there are almost exactly the same to what's happening now, i can bet my life that its not the Syrian Free Army who committed  these acts, but people who follow the ruling Baath party. of course i can't know for sure which is why i won't take this any further, i like the fact that you're searching and reading about it instead of just listening to what the media say but i in my opinion its very obvious who's behind those horrible massacres and the ones that are to come soon.

Online Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 02:40:17 PM »
I dont trust either source of information tbh

Offline garth

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 03:12:22 PM »
Why shouldn't China and Russia back Syria, their country is riddled with rebels. 

Not only that but they have to much invested in Syria.

Online Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 08:59:44 PM »
Accordinv to the ch4 report...thd murders were carried out by people from other towns near by. 

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 10:12:49 PM »
Given 48 hours to stop killing people again or else the UN will have another meeting.

Online Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 10:31:56 PM »
UN threats  :yao:

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 10:39:45 PM »
I know. But surely the threat of a meeting will make him stop. I mean, a meeting.

Online Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 10:45:26 PM »
Make who stop?

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 10:45:47 PM »
Greg Norman.

Online Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 10:47:36 PM »
Not Barry Norman?

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 10:58:06 PM »
f***..a meeting?!

Online Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 11:00:01 PM »
Not just a meeting but a meeting about biscuits to have at the meeting.

Offline Hudson

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 11:01:56 PM »
Given 48 hours to stop killing people again or else the UN will have another meeting.

Bringing the real deal there, a f***ing meeting lol.

Hey parky who runs the banking system in syria ?
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 11:56:09 PM »

Bringing the real deal there, a f***ing meeting lol.

Hey parky who runs the banking system in syria ?

The Syrians. Not the New York 'crowd'. That's one of the issues here. Very perceptive of you. ;) (Same as Libya).

The banking system is based around Islamic lines. iirc Societe Generale (Fr) had applied in the last years to open banking in Syria. Not sure if that went through. To the best of my knowledge it isn't wired into the western banking system

"Syria has made progress in easing its heavy foreign debt burden through bilateral rescheduling deals with its key creditors in Europe, most importantly Russia, Germany, and France. Syria has also settled its debt with Iran and the World Bank. In December 2004, Syria and Poland reached an agreement by which Syria would pay $27 million out of the total $261.7 million debt. In January 2005, Russia forgave 73% of Syria's $14.5 billion long-outstanding debt and in June 2008, Russia’s parliament ratified the agreement. In 2007, Syria and Romania reached an agreement by which Syria will pay 35% of the $118.1 million debt. In May 2008, Syria settled all the debt it owed to the Czech Republic and Slovakia."

Looks to me that by western standards the debt is minimal.

http://globaledge.msu.edu/countries/Syria/economy