Author Topic: Syria, Iraq & Islamic State related atrocities all here - Coming to Iran soon!  (Read 123290 times)

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
Re: Syria, Iraq & Islamic State related atrocities all here - Coming to Iran soon!
« Reply #4175 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 08:48:54 am »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/iran-threat-us-middle-east-coalition-pentagon-statement-a8914756.html?amp

"British general says no increased Iran threat in Syria and Iraq, prompting rare rebuke by Pentagon."

More evidence the US is doing this because they want to more than they need to.

Could be a simple distraction. It seems the US have a new tactic for bringing civility to the middle east. Get their oil from Venezuela.

Online Charlies

• General Member
Re: Syria, Iraq & Islamic State related atrocities all here - Coming to Iran soon!
« Reply #4176 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 06:58:46 pm »
?s=20

Offline dtd

• So55
  • General Member
« Reply #4177 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 06:59:53 pm »
Oh fun...
"What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love." - Sir Bobby Robson

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #4178 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 07:59:38 pm »
Oh yes, because that could only be the work of Iranian proxies. :rolleyes:

It's like clockwork watching the familiar playbook be opened again.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Online Charlies

• General Member
« Reply #4179 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 08:16:45 pm »

:thup: Exactly my thoughts. Turns out it was a missile that landed on open ground with zero injuries thankfully. 

Offline themanupstairs

• General Member
  • nee blasties
« Reply #4180 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 08:18:43 pm »

Yup :lol: Every. f***ing. time.
Fear is the mindkiller

Online Charlies

• General Member
« Reply #4181 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 09:32:30 pm »
?s=20

?s=20
« Last Edit: Sunday 19 May 2019, 09:49:41 pm by Charlies »

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #4182 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 09:53:40 pm »
:scared: :scared:

Offline dtd

• So55
  • General Member
« Reply #4183 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 10:04:26 pm »
I’m going to wake up tomorrow morning and there’s going to be a war happening, isn’t there?
"What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love." - Sir Bobby Robson

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #4184 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 10:37:13 pm »
Surely threatening the destruction of an entire country he probably couldn't find on a world map, openly via his twitter account should be enough to overthrow him? :lol: He is impulsive and completely unfit for office, an actual madman.

I know it won't happen of course, because we live in a distopian nightmare.

Online Charlies

• General Member
« Reply #4185 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 10:42:13 pm »
Surely threatening the destruction of an entire country he probably couldn't find on a world map, openly via his twitter account should be enough to overthrow him? :lol: He is impulsive and completely unfit for office, an actual madman.

I believe he said the same about NK before he became pally with Kim, blokes batshit man. Meanwhile I'd hazard a guess that Bolton is walking around now with a massive stonk on.

?s=20

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #4186 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 02:57:15 pm »
Its escalating very quickly.

Online Charlies

• General Member
« Reply #4187 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 03:09:45 pm »
?s=20

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4188 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 03:11:49 pm »
Wonder if we'll get involved.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #4189 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 03:14:27 pm »

I really can't see it.

Online Charlies

• General Member
« Reply #4190 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 03:24:12 pm »
I think *if it does lead to war we'd be involved somehow just not anywhere near the scale of Iraq/Afghanistan. It looks more likely that it would be a US/Israeli & Arab allies joint mission at this time.

Online Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #4191 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 03:25:50 pm »
Judging by the Huawei stuff, we don't seem too bothered about pleasing the US these days.

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #4192 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 03:42:13 pm »

Surely it breaches Twitter usage policy. :lol:

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #4193 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 08:01:23 pm »
Judging by the Huawei stuff, we don't seem too bothered about pleasing the US these days.

Yeap, good as well.

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #4194 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 09:06:25 pm »

I really can't see it.

Looks like we are. The SBS is joining up to support the US.

Online Charlies

• General Member
« Reply #4195 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 08:24:32 pm »
?s=20

They've already blamed Iran for recent events in the Gulf, so it's getting hard to see where else this is heading.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #4196 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 09:45:33 pm »
Get so tired of this constant "directed from the very top" nonsense.  Had it with Russia (thinking more Ukraine stuff, not hacking), now it's Iran. 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.